Super Smash Bros. 4

Great post you did back then, MR. I agree about Tiki and would have said before that she should at least be an Assist, considering her recurring appearances and the unique trait of being a Manakete. Though now that she's been shown as just a trophy I don't think even that will happen. Obviously all characters and assists have had normal trophies to them but as far as reveals go I personally don't believe either would be shown as a normal trophy first.

Also one last thing to back up my Mewtwo wish: Correct me if I'm wrong but there are only two Pokemon with two Mega Evolutions, right? Charizard has been shown in Smash with his X Mega, so it would only make sense for Mewtwo, the other one, to return and use his Y Mega.

Last edited:
I think Sakurai's Pseudo-Palutena trophy troll and Pit's Final Smash change pretty much tells us that Palutena's playable. She'd at the very least get no less than Assist, so if we see an Uprising Assist that ISN'T Palutena before her hopeful confirmation then I'm 100% convinced.

I totally agree on that part, I thought of those reasons already as well :D *high five*

WOMBO COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, something similar would've been me if I'd been watching it with friends, but since it was 12AM on a tuesday... I was on my own.

I freakin love the new items, but don't you think the Galaga Ships and Killer Eye could be assist trophies as well?

Sakurai is indeed the master troll, I was laughing so hard when he was talking about Zero Suit Samus not returning, but suddenly... lololol

I prefer Chrom over Robin, just because he has an awesome looking sword and I like his cape more as well :3
Yeah Tiki looks like an awesome character, but it was not very likely for her to appear in the game.

That was indeed a nice most from Mr MR, I hadn't seen that one yet.
As far as Mewtwo goes: I'm still not convinced, but it is a possibility, that's true.

Last edited:
I wonder if it was Namco who convinced Sakurai to split the characters like Zelda and Samus

Also I don't think For Glory Mode is Stock Battles

Last edited:
Why would Namco be involved with that?
I think he was referring to how Tekken and Soul Calibur always have multiple character slots for different versions of the same character. Jin/Devil Jin is one example.

Personally I believe this was Sakurai and his team's own decision to do this separation. He makes note of how people typically didn't switch between the characters when playing Zelda or Red, and I don't think it took him long to realize the flaw behind the whole Samus-ZSS gimmick.

Though I still think the Zelda Sheik transformation was a good idea
. It really was and was definitely the trait that gave Zelda her real personal charm, but I think as far as balancing and raw gameplay goes it was just seen as a necessary change.

Oh one thing I just remembered is Wire Frame Mac! Hopefully this means we could see SS Impa's garb on Sheik or Dry Bowser! That kinda stuff.

. It really was and was definitely the trait that gave Zelda her real personal charm, but I think as far as balancing and raw gameplay goes it was just seen as a necessary change.

Oh one thing I just remembered is Wire Frame Mac! Hopefully this means we could see SS Impa's garb on Sheik or Dry Bowser! That kinda stuff.
Yeah
I was talking with Squid about Zelda characters and I noticed that by having Sheik and Zelda separate makes a Skyward Sword Zelda more possible as an Alt

Not sure if you guys are subscribed to GameXplain on Youtube, but I thought I'd post this anyway, cause it's pretty damn interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzSeICAwZA
Interesting that they thought Fletchling was in the back of the lineup
I looked at it in slow motion for an hour and couldn't see any Pokemon
I assume it's actually Meowth as he was in the second line up.

Also I wonder if the Mii in the cage deconfirms Mii

I really hope he deconfirms Mii... I like having a variety of characters and I get to like characters very easy, but Mii and Pac-Man are just... no. Not meant for me.

and I didn't know what Bossfight meant with SS Impa's Garb, but now I know that it means Skyward Sword and I remember Impa. Yeah that's nice, as well as the Zelda from Skyward Sword. And yeah I already thought of Dry Bowser myself as well, that would be epic. What about shiny Pokémon? I'd like that as well :D
Maybe Alph instead of Olimar?

I really hope he deconfirms Mii... I like having a variety of characters and I get to like characters very easy, but Mii and Pac-Man are just... no. Not meant for me.
I friggin' couldn't agree more about not wanting Pac-Man and Mii. Don't put that evil on me!

9t88GVM.png

Well, I haven't been on here after the Smash direct, but I'm quite pleased with what they announced. Time to voice my thoughts about the characters [STRIKE]that probably nobody cares about[/STRIKE].

For characters they announced the return of Yoshi (a buffed one), seperate character slots for ZSS and Sheik (which is nice since I usually only play as Sheik when I play as Zelda/Shiek in Brawl/Melee), and the fact that Charizard is its own Pokemon separate from Red (akin to Project M) and the addition of Greninja (with promotional artwork by Ken Sugimori to boot).

Seeing how there's a discussion about Pokemon reps, I figure I'd throw in my 2 cents (or whatever currency you people use) about it I personally don't see a grass type Pokemon as a rep. for the Pokemon franchise (perhaps the return of Ivysaur, but that'd be odd if they didn't bring back Squirtle to represent the Kanto starter trio, but Greninja would stick out like a sore thumb), the only grass type starter I can really see being there is the Treecko evolutionary line (Bulbasaur, Chikorita and Turtwig's evolutionary lines would probably end up having similar playstyles to Ivysaur, and the inclusion of Snivy as a Pokeball makes Serperior being playable extremely redundant. And Bowser makes Chesnaught redundant). And looking at the good grass types in the Pokemon franchise, it's not likely that Ferrothorn or Virizion are going to be playable anytime soon. Maybe Breloom, but I don't think it's popular enough to be in Smash. Also, if you slow down the Greninjazard trailer you can see Zoroark as one of the Pokemon coming out of the Pokeballs, which pretty much disconfirms the speculation of Zoroark being playable. I'm personally all for Mewtwo returning to Smash Bros. Sakurai even mentioned at last year's E3 that he and Iwata would 'consider it'. However, I could personally care less about Jigglypuff, seeing how its popularity has waned in recent years even in Japan (to me it's been irrelevant to the franchise since the end of the Kanto arc in the anime). It does have a slight chance of reappearing thanks to her fairy typing making her somewhat relevant to the Pokemon franchise as a whole, but that wouldn't affect her game play in Smash Bros. at all. I don't think Jigglypuff gaining a new typing is going to help it fight Greninja in Smash Bros. anytime soon.

Seeing how Waluigi is back as an assist trophy, I'm going to assume that Wario is going to be a) playable or b) demoted to an assist trophy. I don't really think characters like Jimmy or Mona would fit into the Smash universe as playable characters, so it'll most likely be Wario representing his own franchise again.

In the light of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, they could include Dixie Kong or Cranky Kong as additional playable characters, seeing how inconsistent the antagonists have been in the DK franchise recently. Dixie even has leftover data of her in Brawl, so they probably already have a moveset thought out for her. However, I think this is unlikely since DK and Diddy are the only prominent characters in the series.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that Lyn and Tiki won't be playable in the new Smash Bros. Both characters would've made for interesting Fire Emblem reps in Smash. I honestly don't know if there's going to be anyone to represent the franchise alongside Marth. However I do think this supports my theory that Anna could be playable, as she's been in nearly every game and got her first playable appearance in Awakening. Really, I'd be happy if anyone from Awakening makes it in. Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Nowi, Panne, Henry, anybody. Just someone. (Except for maybe Maribelle and Tharja...) I'm going to assume that even if there was an Awakening character, it'll probably be a hidden character in the game and won't be announced before the game's release date, assuming that Sakurai's keeping secrets from us (and he most definitely is).

As for Kid Icarus, Sakurai is hinting more and more at the confirmation of Palutena in regards to the supposed leak of the Palutena images. The fact that Viridi is a stage character and that there's no mention of Magnus or Hades, along with the fact that Pit's Final Smash is changed to the Three Sacred Treasures, along with the inclusion of Pseudo-Palutena's trophy in the Trophy Quiz segment of the Direct is pointing more and more at Palutena's possible inclusion in the game. However, if she were to, my one question is what her moveset would be like. I'm assuming most of it would be made up like Fox and Captain Falcon's.

For the Kirby franchise, I'm going to assume that Meta Knight is going to be an unlockable character, assuming that Kirby and Dedede are default. I think it's also safe to assume that Meta Knight's going to have some obvious moveset changes, due to him being declared broken in Brawl. I really want to see him back, seeing how he's my favorite Kirby character.

Earthbound: Hopefully Ness and/or Lucas return. If both return, they'd better have more differences to justify their inclusions.

And finally, the Metroid franchise, the Nintendo franchise I know the least about but probably the most controversial topic among the Smash Bros. fanbase but is surprisingly less talked about than expected on this forum. I'm glad Samus and Zero Suit Samus are separate characters, seeing how inconvenient it was to play as Zero in Brawl. (Even if you could press the L/R buttons to play as her, it was still annoying.) I can't say that I'm not disappointed about Dark Samus becoming an assist trophy. However I am puzzled about why Ridley is only included as a silhouette in the trailer, although as pointed out his/her/its wings are shown briefly. I can't really provide much of an opinion on Metroid characters. (I really should get around to playing that Metroid Prime Trilogy game I bought last Black Friday...)

I will say that my one disappointment about the summer release of the 3DS version is that there would virtually be no surprise in who's going to be in the Wii U version, seeing how a lot of people would have unlocked all of the 3DS characters by the time the Wii U version comes out. I kind of want to see extra characters that come with the Wii U version that could be downloaded onto the 3DS.

I could blab on and on even more regarding items, stages and modes, but I'll save that for another time seeing how I'm taking up enough text just talking about characters.

Last edited:
Back