Super Smash Bros. 4

C8jCtvp.png
Yes_zps3901ac34.png

I still don't see how people don't like DLC

The evil of man...

Well considering that some company's announce DLC before the game is out
Considering some take stuff from game to sell as DLC
Considering that some company's include DLC on disc
Considering that when the servers for said game is shut off you can no longer access said DLC
Considering that some company's list DLC as a bonus
Considering that some company's have "Season passes" for games
Considering that most DLC is paid for content that adds to the games price (£40+10 for each DLC)
Considering that the following year company's just release a new version of the game and do the same **** all over again
Also
Considering that a few years ago DLC was stuff you would unlock by just playing the game

sig worthy

Ok I get that part of things that couldve been in the game already, but you never know if they actually did that.

Absolutely not. When paid-for DLC is available on day one, the company actively chose to make it paid-for as opposed to a patch. For example, Black Flag had a day-one patch they didn't have time to include on the disc... a gigantic patch of multiple gigabytes. This was 'cause dumb ol' Ubisoft's executives are asshats that care more 'bout timely, yearly releases than the quality of a game.

... But that's a rant for another time. Point bein', Ubisoft didn't tear any content from the game in order to make the patch primarily a paid-for DLC. They could've, but didn't. Many companies on the other hand, do tear content that was ready to be in the game on-release, ON-DISC, and make ya pay for it as "DLC". For example, the Metro: Last Light controversy from a year back. Google it.

A wave dashing, L cancel, dlc.

never happening sadlol

If they wanted to add more characters, they could've done it before releasing the game. There is absolutely no need for them to release it and then add the characters in as DLC.

Foolishness Trago, foolishness. Developers don't decide release dates, publishers do. Remember how many delays Brawl got? Wi-Fi was an afterthought that took two delays t' finish, and it was in no way a quality add-on. Sakurai and his team weren't given anywhere near enough time. DLC is sometimes used as a way for developers to bypass the issue of release dates. Characters, story lines, etc. aren't always put on the post-release backburner 'cause they're unimportant afterthoughts: sometimes it's because that stuff wouldn't be finished in time for release.

As a result, developers are working post-release. They need to be paid. Companies don't want t' pay 'em straight from their pockets, so large DLC of this sort will cost somethin' from the consumer.

DLC isn't inherently evil: it's the people that abuse it. As is the case for literally everything ever. Guns don't kill people etc.

Whos to say that Nintendo wont go all capcom and along the line release Super Smash Brothers Wii U ultra with 3 new characters that should of been there in the first place?

T'is the day I go pure-PC.

... I honestly don't think Ninty will ever be the next Crapcom, but the whole bit with Mario Golf 3DS does have me worried for the future. =/

hue+_87ecdcc5287a1d0e0b2c91a70a83e807.jpg

Sounds like "fun"

It is, if ya play Fox.

As far as DLC goes, no one wants to pay full price only to have to pay even more later for features that should have been on the disc.

I really wanna see, the new Adventure mode (hopefully more Melee-like) and challenge modes. I'll be spending a solid 2+ weeks just on single player (and local multi). Pac-Attack! Waka waka!

So, how is Nintendo not using DLC right, but Ubisoft is? I don't get it, except for that part that Ubisoft has less time.

Oh and don't worry about the Mario Golf thing, cause that was perfect. They made the game way cheaper than a regular 3DS game and with the DLC included it was as expensive as a normal 3DS game, so you can play it for the sake of having a golf game and having fun with it for a cheap price, but if you really like it you can buy even more.

KRKanon... I just explained like 5 different posts why DLC is not that bad and it seems like you didn't even read them -_-

So, how is Nintendo not using DLC right, but Ubisoft is? I don't get it, except for that part that Ubisoft has less time.

Oh and don't worry about the Mario Golf thing, cause that was perfect. They made the game way cheaper than a regular 3DS game and with the DLC included it was as expensive as a normal 3DS game, so you can play it for the sake of having a golf game and having fun with it for a cheap price, but if you really like it you can buy even more.

KRKanon... I just explained like 5 different posts why DLC is not that bad and it seems like you didn't even read them -_-

in ireland Mario golf 3ds same price as regular 3ds game €44.99

I really wanna see, the new Adventure mode (hopefully more Melee-like) and challenge modes. I'll be spending a solid 2+ weeks just on single player (and local multi). Pac-Attack! Waka waka!
But WiiChat. ;_; At least Smash with me first. I like fighting random veterans from this site. and <3 roy

It's on! :p
I have two players added from WiiChat already on my Wii U... But I don't remember who they are ._.
I think they were Redreavus and Mr MR, not sure though.

Trago, do you have a Wii U yet?

I might, but that's how sure I am...I've never played or even opened it yet.

I'll share Friend Codes and all when the game comes out. Same with my 3DS for those of you that I haven't added yet.

Back