Super Smash Bros. 4

Projectile fighters do seem like they'd be Bowser's undoing. I hate those guys. Recently faced a Pit that used the bow almost exclusively. Didn't bother with trying to knock me out, just racked up damage for 5 minutes. He did the same thing during Sudden Death, and Backslash did not care for that. I left immediately afterwards and I may end up doing that preemptively for similar playstyles. And where are the Olimars? Haven't seen a single one in any online mode.

That I don't know
Olimars are extinct
and so are Meta Knights

Even though I play Ness, I play him very aggressively
And I still don't know why people rage quit after I take one of there stocks (maybe because they think I am going to stall the rest of the match)

Made me Laugh
[video=youtube;8RwnYECnMf4]http://youtu.be/8RwnYECnMf4[/video]
Made me cry
[video=youtube;tLRT-RgoRxw]http://youtu.be/tLRT-RgoRxw[/video]
What the heck
[video=youtube;eAVeoovpeBk]http://youtu.be/eAVeoovpeBk[/video]

Last edited:
Oh, a Bowser user. Went exactly as I expected. I'd say I did well, considering it was my first match against him. Then he switched to ZSamus, who I unexpectedly managed to beat multiple times. I do not understand why I have more trouble with standard Samus and her up-air kick than ZSamus. He finally went Charizard, who I knocked out pretty easily as well. He then suicided afterwards. But he didn't leave and was ready for another match quickly, presumably switching to Bowser or something. I'm not taking that sour attitude, so I left him to his shenanigans.

Also had several fun matches against a Fox main, who in the end decided to suicide as well. To be fair, at the 4th or 5th match I beat him solely through vision kills, so his actions are at least understandable. Why must vision be such satisfying move to pull off?

Fun fact: Jump Art increases jump. Jump Art will also increase Air Slash's vertical distance. Air Slash is also a kill move. Together, they lead to some interesting moments. I've spent several matches trying out Jump and Speed and now regret not using them before. Speed is great against those pesky ranged fighters and apparently speedy fighters too. Smash Art is still the best though.

Thank you for those videos MR. Especially the first one, hahahaha xD

Shulk looks really fun imo. Did you try the defense art yet?
Cause I really wonder if it's defense against damage or defense against getting launched. Or both.
Same for the defense down for the jump art. Do you get more damage or do you get launched more easily?

------

But now: FIRSTLOOK

Sooo, I was at the Firstlookevent yesterday, which was awesome.
Sadly, I didn't get to play in the Smash Bros for Wii U finale, but that's because I didn't get picked for the 8 finalists.
First you had to be picked after you won a 4 player smash with items in Battlefield.
Then they played 2 semi finales with 4 players and a finale with 4 players (so 1st and 2nd place from the semis got to the finale)
Finale was in a stupid stage with items and 4 players. So I don't care that much that I didn't get picked, lol.

The tourney aside though, it was really fun. Got some goodies, played some Smash Bros, some Splatoon and some other games too.
There wasn't much cosplaying, but there was some. The Mortal Kombat cosplay was awesome.

I got something else too, which I'll post in the Hoenn Confirmed thread ;)

Last edited:
Splatoon was really fun. I think it'd get boring quite quickly like this, but:
-Online multiplayer
-More gadgets
-Different weapons
-More maps

With all those things added, I think it would be super fun for a really long time.
Especially with stuff to unlock.

Shulk looks really fun imo. Did you try the defense art yet?
Cause I really wonder if it's defense against damage or defense against getting launched. Or both.
Same for the defense down for the jump art. Do you get more damage or do you get launched more easily?

I typically use shield around the 90/100 percentage and up. Shield makes you heavier and raises defense. It also seems to increase the bubble shield's health and makes you more floaty. Defense reduces damage received. The added weight keeps you from getting launched easier. You can last much longer with it, but if you're getting launched off-stage then remove it and switch to Jump or the weight will cripple your recovery and you'll fail getting back onstage.

Jump Art reduces your weight and defense, so it's the opposite of Shield's buffs in that you get launched easier and you receive more damage. I've found it pretty good even at high percentages since you can recover from non-lethal launches with ease. I try always having an Art activated since they can completely turn things around.

Last edited:
There's only 3 challenge panels, and the 3rd one's the most time consuming.
Come on now, is there really a point to placing 1st in Smash Run as every character?
It's a shame that there's no online for it. Oh well. CPUs will have to do.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfcC2VsZyc[/video]

making super smash bros on to handheld problem good idea on 3ds i rather play it on wiiu why we've wait until xmas to get my hands i want it now and hope its come to ireland games stores with gamecube adapter

Back