Super Smash Bros. 4

tumblr_n8pzwhEn4x1r3mu95o1_250.gif

So there are some debates that sugest that Lucina is not a true new comer because her character box on the official site is small.

So, is it a Marth alt?
Is it a Marth clone?

Though I originally thought she was an alt upon seein' her moveset, I came to the conclusion she wasn't an alt because she had a full introduction 'n everythin' (and more focus in said introduction than the Falconator, even).

But as some'a those debates are likely implyin', that doesn't mean anythin' concrete. Another newcomer and veteran was announced in the video, one of which was from her very series and even the same game. Maybe she is just an alt, and was included in the cinematic to build hype... as well as Fake Out all the people who were bankin' on Robin, only to surprise 'em shortly afterwards. The Smash 4 trailers are certainly embracin' fakin' us out.

Though I don't think PR would allow an alt to be confused with a full-blown character, so I believe Lucina is a clone, regardless of the above hypothesis.

Good points
I am of the opinoin that Lucina is the air based Marth.
Or that she is treated like Young/Toon Link/Doctor Mario as an obvious clone.
Or both
So I agree with the karp

Anyway
Top Ubisoft Characters for Smash that I want:
Rayman, Ezio, Altair, Barbara (Rayman Legends even though I never played Legends), Aurora (Child of Light)
Yeah know, this brings more chance to a Konami character
Lol Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake in a Nintendo game!

tumblr_inline_n4g03fNmDu1s7qqsk.jpg

Good points
I am of the opinoin that Lucina is the air based Marth

I'm with you on this one. I didn't look very closely at Lucina's gameplay in the trailer because of my Robin hype, but GameXplain's analysis clearly shows Lucina has different properties than Marth, meaning she's definitely not an alt. They could possibly have changed Marth's own style a bit and given Lucina properties closer to the old Marth.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they're done with 3rd party characters.

Yeah it just seems like they're willing to add trophies of 3rd party characters that have recently had a Nintendo console exclusive game, like Rayman and Wonderful 101.

Back