Super Smash Bros. 4

Left the boards for a while assuming that everyone would be talking about the leak (I still stand by my opinion that the screenshot of the character select screen is fake, and that I have yet to see the roster at its fullest), surprisingly not so much. I won't be on these boards very much for a while until I find the real roster for myself.

It's interesting to see anime character with a sword #389 appearing in Smash, I was interested in seeing how Shulk would play. Speaking of Shulk though, I should start Xenoblade Chronicles sometime...

My 3DS friend code is 3909-7548-2082, unless I end up buying a new 3DS. Probably not, unless my 3DS's buttons finally break. They're really worn out. Although I do have a Japanese 3DS XL, I'm gonna wait until the US release, since I carry my American 3DS with me more than I do my Japanese one.

Left the boards for a while assuming that everyone would be talking about the leak (I still stand by my opinion that the screenshot of the character select screen is fake, and that I have yet to see the roster at its fullest), surprisingly not so much. I won't be on these boards very much for a while until I find the real roster for myself.

It's interesting to see anime character with a sword #389 appearing in Smash, I was interested in seeing how Shulk would play. Speaking of Shulk though, I should start Xenoblade Chronicles sometime...

My 3DS friend code is 3909-7548-2082, unless I end up buying a new 3DS. Probably not, unless my 3DS's buttons finally break. They're really worn out. Although I do have a Japanese 3DS XL, I'm gonna wait until the US release, since I carry my American 3DS with me more than I do my Japanese one.

Well you know how that whole shebang goes. Swords are popular so alot of protagonists are going to be sword users, but Nintendo needs to not only represent its classics but also its newer series, and it just so happens that one of our more recent Nintendo protagonists is yet another sword wielder.

But hey I mean we got a boxer, a galactic princess-goddess, an actual goddess, a yoga instructor, a murderous child, a ninja frog, a circle with limbs that REALLY likes to eat (didn't we already have one of those?), and even a rock! I definitely wouldn't call a few extra sword users overbearing in the slightest.

Fair enough. I have to give Sakurai credit for choosing Robin over Chrom though, at least (s)he's a sword user with magical elements, unlike the physical-heavy Marth and Ike. I gotta say, my personal melee weapon of choice is the hammer though, particularly King Dedede's. Can't wait to play as him again.
Out of the newcomers, I am heavily looking forward to playing as Little Mac after trying him out at a Play Nintendo Tour demo (I demoed the 3DS demo that was hosted at E3).

... Speaking of demos, Masahiro Sakurai posted on his Twitter that the newly released storefront demos for Smash 3DS in Japan are not the demos found at E3, but rather demos of the final product. It should be noted though that Japanese demo 3DS systems only load specifically programmed demo versions of current retail games into them. Meaning, that there's a specific number of characters that we'll know for sure of how they'll play, unlike the other demos up until now.

... I'm about to question what you mean by 'rock', but if it has something to do with the leaked roster I probably don't want to know about it. Only 'rock' I can think of at the moment is Mega Man's Japanese name 'Rock Man'.

I definitely wouldn't call a few extra sword users overbearing in the slightest.

secondkarp.jpeg

The whole "SWORD USARS R LAyME" opinion is little more than bandwagoning created by popular distaste of vBrawl Ike amongst noobs. And maybe also thanks in part to the smaller percentage of casuals that also acknowledge vBrawl Meat Night's god-tier-Ness. Perhaps it was also (legitimately) fueled by the two sword-wieldin' clones in Melee.

But ya know how it is. I'd bet money the people that complain 'bout slash-happy characters are often also the sort that claim tiers don't exist.

I gotta say, my personal melee weapon of choice is the hammer though.

People complain 'bout Ganon not havin' a sword, but where the 'Karp is Mario's hammer?

Last edited:
I love both hammers and swords :3 Oh and axes. Oh and bows. Hmmm, is there any weapon that I don't like? I can't think of one right now >:)

But Red, you might want to check out Monster Hunter if you don't own it already, cause you can hammer as many monsters as you can on there :D
I'm still hoping Mario's FLUDD customizations will be the other forms of FLUDD: The Jet and the Rocket. Those would both be more usefull, lol.

I love both hammers and swords :3 Oh and axes. Oh and bows. Hmmm, is there any weapon that I don't like? I can't think of one right now >:)

But Red, you might want to check out Monster Hunter if you don't own it already, cause you can hammer as many monsters as you can on there :D.

YES, BEST GAME EVER!!! Until Smash Bros comes out of course, if anyone here has MH3U for the Wii U we should hunt together :D. Also I think I Bowser was aloud any weapon, it would be Dual Fie Bars.

Heck yeah, we should hunt together some time :D

By the way, I'm not sure if I'll get a New 3DS or a New 3DS XL yet.
I've heared some things about the original XL which aren't that great. Mostly how the screen is more blurry than the original one, since it's bigger.
For the New 3DS only the regular one has the switchable plates to change it's look, but I'd rather have the Super Smash Bros edition, which is the XL version.
Sooo, yeah, I dunno yet.

What do you guys think about that? Which one would you get?

1cf.png

Sonic is supposedly no longer the fastest fighter? Weird.

... I'm about to question what you mean by 'rock', but if it has something to do with the leaked roster I probably don't want to know about it. Only 'rock' I can think of at the moment is Mega Man's Japanese name 'Rock Man'.
Yeah that's a little Mega Man joke on my part. A mega pun, if you will.

1cf.png

Sonic is supposedly no longer the fastest fighter? Weird.

I think he'll be the fastest "Natural" character. What I mean is the fastest character when not including boosts, items and moves ect...

I'm afraid this might be the official name... :'(

Neosquid, you might like this:
"[FONT=&#12498]Ghirahim appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. He moves like an acrobat and will attack with both sword and knife. Attacks against him will not fell him, and he can even teleport back into action should he get launched off the stage."[/FONT]

entry6-3.jpg

I'm afraid this might be the official name... :'(

Neosquid, you might like this:
"[FONT=ヒ]Ghirahim appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. He moves like an acrobat and will attack with both sword and knife. Attacks against him will not fell him, and he can even teleport back into action should he get launched off the stage."[/FONT]

entry6-3.jpg
I saw

I was gonna mention that they added that info on the site but I forgot

Back