Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

Ok with the Wiimote. If you can imagine just using the motion sensitivity with the Wiimote to move your character - wouldn't that be HARD to make a character move. I have thought about it and yes, it wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with the gameplay and mind you, it would make it more complicated to control. For example - Oops! I meant to do a standard attack when it registered me doing a shield instead. You don't have that problem with the GC controller and SSBM.

So in all motion detection for SSBB is likely not going to be used, but the buttons on the Wiimote would be used.

Sure moving around with the D pad would be basic enough but if you wanted more complete analog control, you'd need the nunchuck. Eg difference between smashes and standard attacks. Running and walking. Standing and crawling. The only button you could use for shielding would be the trigger button on the nunchuck. 'A' would be the standard attack button, the 'b' button for special attacks and the D pad for the C stick (smashses on ground, aerials in air, shield evasion when shielding.) It would work in theory.

With the GC controllers, you have a more comfortable placement of buttons and its what makes SSBM very easy to use and control using the GC controller. Oh and one other thing - for players who love playing SSBM for moer than 6 hrs, they don't have to worry about battery replacement in between battles or when the battery starts to run dry.

If you take the game zelda for example... you move the character with the nunchuk analog stick, block with the nunchuk z button, and attack by swinging the wii-remote, or pressing A or B

I don't care about the comfortable placement of buttons. When everyone played the wii the first time, were they comfortable with anything? No, it feels foreign, and you get used to it eventually... it's just another learning curve. ssbm just seemed like they got lazy and didn't want to figure out how to implement the new wii-mote functions.

So you move with the nunchuk, block with the Z button. Attack with the wii-mote and nunchuk by swinging it around. etc etc.. it's not that the wii-mote doesn't have enough buttons/features to use with ssbm.

Oh and if you don't like wireless capabilities, then f off. batteries last way longer than 6 hours ;) no cords for me

I didn't say I didn't like wireless capabilities just stating the battery duration with those types of technology tends to be smaller than you think. I'm all for wireless if lasted for a long time but the downside is just replacing batteries. This was the reason why I got sick of playing with remote controlled cars when I was a kid.

linkzeldagame said:
Ok with the Wiimote. If you can imagine just using the motion sensitivity with the Wiimote to move your character - wouldn't that be HARD to make a character move. I have thought about it and yes, it wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with the gameplay and mind you, it would make it more complicated to control. For example - Oops! I meant to do a standard attack when it registered me doing a shield instead. You don't have that problem with the GC controller and SSBM.

So in all motion detection for SSBB is likely not going to be used, but the buttons on the Wiimote would be used.

Sure moving around with the D pad would be basic enough but if you wanted more complete analog control, you'd need the nunchuck. Eg difference between smashes and standard attacks. Running and walking. Standing and crawling. The only button you could use for shielding would be the trigger button on the nunchuck. 'A' would be the standard attack button, the 'b' button for special attacks and the D pad for the C stick (smashses on ground, aerials in air, shield evasion when shielding.) It would work in theory.

With the GC controllers, you have a more comfortable placement of buttons and its what makes SSBM very easy to use and control using the GC controller. Oh and one other thing - for players who love playing SSBM for moer than 6 hrs, they don't have to worry about battery replacement in between battles or when the battery starts to run dry.
You should listen to me once again! use the wii-mote/nunchuck but not motion sensing!!!!!! it has every button you need....

true. but as games like dragon ball z show. It will have a steep learning curve, but in the end it would be more intuitive and fun (I have read), but I can't imagine how well that will be implemented into SSBB because of the camera angle it plays at. I will enjoy the classic style of gaming for this one.

I did mention button placement and usability in SSBB with the Wiimote and Nunchuck. I didn't mention that they weren't going to be used. Obviously you just read the first paragraph and assumed I was on about motion detection.

In that case please try to be more specific with your comments and quotes and not just mention the whole response I mentioned back there.

linkzeldagame said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOK....well as i said again! Use the wii-mote and ninchuck but not motion. You were on the right track...but moving the the d-pad!?!?! how about my idea...move with stick, use z/c 4 guard/grab, a/b for well you should know...and maybe press all 4 for BRAWL MOVE. its a really simple concept and it works!(well i havent really played but moving the hands myself worked =)_

but if you wanted more complete analog control, you'd need the nunchuck. Eg difference between smashes and standard attacks. Running and walking. Standing and crawling. The only button you could use for shielding would be the trigger button on the nunchuck.
Red this again. I mentioned shielding with the trigger button. I mentioned analog JOYSTICK control. And I outlined why use the nunchuck instead of the D pad.

Z/C stick could be used by the D pad. Good idea. In melee the 'z' button is for grabbing or aerial attacks in air or light shielding. Grabbing can also be used with the shield and attack button at the same time. How would that be implemented in brawl with the wiimote and nunchuck? Z+A for shield grabs, Z being the shield button. The grab button would be a dpad button move.

The BRAWL move is an item pick which leads to a move, not a separate move itself!

Learn to actually read what the other person has posted here.

That article is from May 2006

Granted, it is a reliable source, but - then again - Nintendo firmly stated that Twilight Princess would be a gamecube-exclusive title, when it was first announced. And we all know that changed. Let's just hope that some wiimote-ness is brought to SSBB :sad:

No one is going to make a game for the next gen. cons. using gamecube controllers. Sorry, but that cauze major money loss. Lots of people would hold back from buying the game because of there lack of GC controllers. So i guaranty you they will use the wii remote just wait

Oh and another thing Ign never said anything abou using a gamecube controller. they said gamecube format you whon't know what that means untill you see it.

Back