Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

Just out of curiousity, how many other consoles require you to buy whole new controllers to play a few of their games?

Taero said:
Just out of curiousity, how many other consoles require you to buy whole new controllers to play a few of their games?

none really unless u count like guitar heros but thats not really a requirement but you should def have one to enjoy it...

if they want you to buy a whole new controller then they should make some more games or have a hook up to hook a game cube controller up to the wiimote like with the nunchuck

guys, really quit bitching. its done for the sake of game play, and thats why we got the wii right? for game play. So if the creator of smash brothers wants to make it for a gamecube controller because of the game play, thats a good thing.

White-Wolf said:
guys, really quit bitching. its done for the sake of game play, and thats why we got the wii right? for game play. So if the creator of smash brothers wants to make it for a gamecube controller because of the game play, thats a good thing.

I totally agree. In reality the majority of everyone claiming they wouldnt buy another controller for the game probally would if they love the game that much. I mean the next best game after Zelda would probally be SSB. And SSB was a very well put together game for the cube. Its gameplay itself was intuitive and helped make gamecube sales go up. So with the wii no matter what controller you use there is no doubt the game will be a must have.

and also, there are countless awesome gamecube games, that when you(cuz we know you will) go out and by gamecube controller(s) you can play... not to mention most of these games are like under 10 bucks..pretty sweet AND gamecube controllers can be used for all VC games other than certain turbografix games.

I can't wait for this game to come out... but doesn't anyone else find it weird how they're not using the wii-remote/nunchuk? i mean isn't that the main attraction of the wii... the different style of gameplay?

They might as well just release this for the gamecube then... since most of us agree that graphics isn't the big concern, but gameplay. i'm still going to buy this game, but I am really disappointed with this decision. the only thing that makes this different from the GC version is probably online play, and some better graphics.

rich-69-50 said:
i don't get it lol... what do you mean?
im not exactly sure if you were refering to me but what i mean is that there is a way you could play this game without motion sense but wtih the wii-mote/nunchuck, it has the anolog, a, b, c, z thats all you need just seperated into 2 hands...

so ya =)

Wii-Lover said:
im not exactly sure if you were refering to me but what i mean is that there is a way you could play this game without motion sense but wtih the wii-mote/nunchuck, it has the anolog, a, b, c, z thats all you need just seperated into 2 hands...

so ya =)

Bingo!

White-Wolf said:

Wooooah slow down there Billy your logics going way over my head, wait over? I meant under, yes I'm buying the Wii for its new gameplay...please explain to me how this means I want to play games the same as I've always done? Wii=New Gameplay Using old controllers =! to new game play.

dude SSBB is going to amazing no matter what remote we use... id play it if i had to use a Super nintendo controller just cause all Ssb are just plain amazing end of story.....

The point is you shouldn't have to settle for an old gen controller just because the game will be good, I've been looking around and for one controller in the UK it costs £10, for 4 thats an extra £40 + the £35-40 for the game = £80 to play SSBB with some friends, I'm supposed to feel priviliged about this o_O

I've seen one argument that I should be honoured that Nintendo are releasing another game so I should aquiesce to their unreasonable controller scheme? The way I see it Nintendo have a duty to US to make it work and make it fun with the new controller, this isn't up to us to make sacrifices.

I would think everyone would love to play SSBB with the wii-mote/nunchuk. in my opinion, it would be 100% more fun if you have to do all the attacks yourself... it'll be a good workout too haha. people who would play ssbb would be really fit after a few months

Back