Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

NintendoWiiMASTER said:
linkzeldagame sum 1 who actually knows what there talking about :thumbsup: well done

ABC no they wont the game creater said NO so no i don't "got that?"

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai(<-- game designer *note* my name issnt Sakurai). "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

what dont beleave me? ask my friend IGN IGN: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Preview

:mad2: This article is 6 months old and SSBB does not even have a release date... I think that Nintendo will have everything working perfectly with the Wiimote when the game is released.

FYI - Using text formatting like that is really annoying.

I got 2 Gamecube controllers off of ebay and after shipping it was like $12 for the whole deal. Why wouldn't you want a GC controller? It also come in handy for any of the old GC games you might get for cheap someday and want to play, or any of the Virtual Console games.

Look deeper at the quote mang:

So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet.

he said hes just saying NOW....why are you being such a facist? why does SSBB HAVE to be GC controller only? why arent you open to the possibility that MAYBE an article can change or a developer can change in the span of what.....almost a year? There are so many examples of where a developer says one thing and changes it in a moments notice, the PS3 controller for example. Also, I have two words for you: release dates.

-SpideyKonfusion :p

the only people that are against using the Gc controller are the ones that ither don't have 1 because they jumped on the Nintendo bandwagon because it has motion sensering now, or don't realize that ud pay $24.99 (canadian mind you) for a classic controller that u can only use on old games... when u can just spend like 6 bucks for a Gc controller... your gunna spend the money anyways don't complain about it. You spent about 600 for a system conrtollers and games y not spend another 6 and play a game the way it should be?

Taero no its not a glitch its a combo really, its just canceling a jump.

*edited part below*

MetroidZ ah i didnt see you asked this till after, its normal speed its 2 amazing ssb players look up games by Captain Jack all his games are like that and trust me no 1 can do that on a wiimote it would be to hard and people would be dropping the controller trying to do a shild grab which brings me to a new point

how can you shield grab ... with a GC controller its R (or L) than i usually roll around so they don't grab me 1st so now i'm using left and right Than i have to press A or the grab button which is Z ... so i have a L,right,left,Z to push ... Okay lets take a look at the wii mote it has... A,B,C,Z.. A would be punch of course b would be 2ndary attack so now were left with C and Z... if u noticed the the easiest to push and use the left right and wiimote... now ur pushing and hold Z to shield left right... try doing that quickly and at any given moment because you wont now when u have to shield and you cant be like "o wait this wiimote isn't made for playing this game like the Gc was perfectly fit 2 so gimme a second to hold shield and get my hands set" so know explane how u can do that?

Last edited:
The creator of Super Smash stated a few months back that the game would indeed use the gamecube controller. However, he did not state that the Wii-Mote could not be used. But let me tell you, if it can be used which it probably can't, it'll be no where up to par with the cube controller players. This is old news, a link on the first post coulda ended the fuss :p

Well by the quote of the article, he probably means that you will be able to use your GC controllers with SSBB if you would like so don't throw them away, and by the motion sensening quote he probably meant they will be using little to no motion sensing. I myself think a good controll sceme would be as someone said earlier, nunchuk for movement, nunchuk trigger to jump, B to the power moves ,A to the combat moves.

linkzeldagame said:
Sure I admit I said some contradictory stuff back then WITHOUT realising it. What I was trying to say was that Nintendo has made games that don't feature the latest 'gimmick' or innovation tool. Some DS games don't feature the use of the touch screen. There were a couple of N64 games that didn't use the Joystick for gameplay/developer reasons. Melee in GC doesn't use the DPad for obvious reasons - analog control of characters in the air or on the ground and attacking using tilts and smashes. This dynamic control cannot be replicated through the D Pad.

Dodigity - I did stab myself in the foot, but I didn't go around making threads and asking for a flamewar, especially one full of responses that show no actual intelligent thought into the original topic.

nintendoWIIMASTER - I agree with you. This is the reason why I think GC controllers are going to be used for SSBB not the Wiimote. Oh and by the way I did mention smashboards here as there's more interesting discussion info to get from there.

ABC - wiiNINTENDOMASTER DID NOT DESIGN SSB. The creators/developers of SSB created L-cancelled aerials, short hops, aerial combos, and wavedashing, which is often seen in that video. It is up to the user to use them or not. By the way I do use those techniques you often see in the vid. Fair to Dair combos with Marth - sounds easy? Wrong! It is hard. SSBM has more depth than most games of its caliber, yet looks childish to play.

If you think the video was in lightning melee or the players who used the characters hacked the game, think again.

Most of my sources have not just came from 3rd party sources, they're from IGN who has always been up to date with Nintendo. And Wikipedia.

I must say I misinterpreted what I thought might be used as a controller in the game. The GC for melee battles and such, but the Wiimote for minigames such as Home Run contest, trophy room, etc

For future reference Wikipedia can be edited by anyone in the world.
That tells me ALOT....

Oh, and I wasn't looking for a flame war... But the fastest way to irritate me in particular is to claim things you don't know. And try and continue to prove to people, and change their views, because you happened to stumble across a little bit of speculation.
And although in this post you seem to have cooled off, you continue blindly to try and prove you actually know something worthwhile about this game. Share your news great, but honestly, if you can't prove it, which everyone knows no one except the creators as of now can, and try and sway peoples opinions.....then just end it.

And "NINTENDO WII-MEISTER", stay in your dark, dark, corner, and never reply to my posts again. Consider purchasing a book about ONLINE EDICIT FOR DUMMIES first.

And honestly, as far as this whole issue goes, I'm not going to deny the controls could go either way. But case and point here is folks, get a reality check, and solid evidence...... before you start trying to change peoples opinions.:wink:

:nonod:
NintendoWiiMASTER said:
the only people that are against using the Gc controller are the ones that ither don't have 1 because they jumped on the Nintendo bandwagon because it has motion sensering now, or don't realize that ud pay $24.99 (canadian mind you) for a classic controller that u can only use on old games... when u can just spend like 6 bucks for a Gc controller... your gunna spend the money anyways don't complain about it. You spent about 600 for a system conrtollers and games y not spend another 6 and play a game the way it should be?

This by far has to be the highlight of this thread.

I have four GC controllers, thanks love.
Since when did this arguement ever become about money? Does this make me poor because I dont agree with your invalid assumptions?

Jumped on the damn bandwagon did I?

I guess you could say I jumped on the bandwagon when Super Nintendo released, thanks.

NINTENDO WII-MEISTER" ... clearly you passed the 1st grade, and i may need an "ONLINE Etiquette (not what ever misshapen word u put) FOR DUMMIES" but i don't need a "understanding the keyboard and how to copy and paste" because all you really had to do there was highlight my name and copy it ... I type how i want for the simple reason i don't care about you or ur feelings i don't care about anything about you and ill say what i want when i want. I know what i know and instead of trying to make fun of me stick to the topic. you clearly tried to attack everyone in that post but you have to realize they don't care and are saying THERE opinion on the game I'm pretty sure if you can do it they can do your not a hero. I as well as the rest of the people were trying to back up there opinions with facts which were all perfectly fine just because more people think it should be a on a Gc controller doesn't meant you have to say there idiots because they get there facts from old places its still the newest thing out straight from Nintendo so thats where you have to go to get your info.

"stay in your dark, dark, corner, and never reply to my posts again"

arguing.med.jpg

dogdigityill leave you with this.. mby ull get the idea..

ABC said:
Hahhaa, Link for real. I don't have a Gamecube controller and I refuse to buy one if Nintendo is forcing me to. That is some serious bullshit. I bought their Next-gen console not a Gamecube.

geeze, thats a small price to pay considering that 2 gc controllers are $20 on ebay.

and the wiimote is $60 for 1....

Not once have I called anyone an idiot.
And not once have I resorted to calling anyone retarded. Though I must confess, I enjoy being retarded , if thats what you call it.
I admit, it takes talent.

If you really didnt care about this, why keep going?

and once again, I'll point out you continue to contradict yourself, by saying your own information is outdated.

Damn.. it feels good to be retarded. :wink:

Explosive Smurf said:
geeze, thats a small price to pay considering that 2 gc controllers are $20 on ebay.

and the wiimote is $60 for 1....

It's the fact they are FORCING you to buy it. $20 is chump change. They are forcing you to buy a controller from their failed last generation system to play a game on their "next-generation" console. What the hell?

dogdigity said:
:nonod:

This by far has to be the highlight of this thread.

I have four GC controllers, thanks love.
Since when did this arguement ever become about money? Does this make me poor because I dont agree with your invalid assumptions?

Jumped on the damn bandwagon did I?

I guess you could say I jumped on the bandwagon when Super Nintendo released, thanks.

Jumped on the bandwagon did I? I hated the GC. If I were jumping on any bandwagon... I would be getting a PS3. The majority of the people that are getting a PS3 don't even know that much about it and they don't know about other consoles. I know about other consoles and I once wanted the PS3. Then I found more about the Nintendo Wii and now I really want it.

That's not jumping on the bandwagon.

ABC said:
It's the fact they are FORCING you to buy it. $20 is chump change. They are forcing you to buy a controller from their failed last generation system to play a game on their "next-generation" console. What the hell?

They win, and you can't fight back.

You might as well just buy the controller if you want to play.

Back