The future - what's next?

Nintendo93

Playin' Zack & Wiki
Aug 17, 2007
Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada
Wii Online Code
5431-1607-7668-3461
Anyone have any predictions when Nintendo will release another console and the Wii will just be another Gamecube? What do you think the next console will feature? I'd imagine they'd keep motion controls but enhance the power of the system to keep up with the current generation or something. It would have to feature something new to sell as well as the Wii did; and what about virtual console purchases?

Any predictions welcome. :)

Next up on Nintendo plate: The Virtual Boy 2! ;)

I can see the commercials now: Virtual Boy 2: no longer causes your eyes to implode!

well, i think their next system will keep up with the graphics of the current gen. as for when, ten 8-10 years sounds reasonable. as for Virtual Boy 2, eff that lol!

theres no telling what they will incorporate into next gen systems. absolutely no way to predict what type of technology will be available or whats even going to happen with this gen of consoles, people might get totally bored of motion controls over the next five years and decide graphics IS teh way to go.

im sad ill only be around for another 2-3 generations of gaming consoles. id like to see what gaming will be in 100 years.

SensesFail said:
well, i think their next system will keep up with the graphics of the current gen. as for when, ten 8-10 years sounds reasonable. as for Virtual Boy 2, eff that lol!

theres no telling what they will incorporate into next gen systems. absolutely no way to predict what type of technology will be available or whats even going to happen with this gen of consoles, people might get totally bored of motion controls over the next five years and decide graphics IS teh way to go.

im sad ill only be around for another 2-3 generations of gaming consoles. id like to see what gaming will be in 100 years.
8 to 10 years for their next system?
:lol:
Try 4 or 5 years.

I don't really know what to expect from Nintendo next, they always seemingly have something up their sleeve. I honestly don't think it will be another gamecube though. I just don't think it will happen.

well im no expert on console life but i heard that teh ps3/360 will be around for that long, so i figured the Wii would be as well. i mean, you cant just have a system like the 360 around for 4 or 5 years, its already been out for around 2, are you telling me its life is half over?

trees may possiulby evlove nuclear weapons....i propose a toast

SensesFail said:
well im no expert on console life but i heard that teh ps3/360 will be around for that long, so i figured the Wii would be as well. i mean, you cant just have a system like the 360 around for 4 or 5 years, its already been out for around 2, are you telling me its life is half over?
Pretty much. Consoles usually stay around between five and six years until a new one comes out.

N64-1996
Gamecube-2001
Wii-2006

Xbox-2001
Xbox 360-2005

Ps1-1995
Ps2-2000
Ps3-2006

So it's a range from from 4-6 years. I mean, it's possible that the 360 or PS3 will still be up and running during their seventh and eighth year, it's quite possible looking at the hardware of both of those two. For the Wii though, it just doesn't seem like one of those systems that'll be around that long.

So we safely expect a new nintndo system by 2011 then, or at least news of one...probably here about it during 2009 or 10 E3, can't wait

well nintendo is not that very original like the ds was made from an idea from the game hey u pickachu i think u had a mic and u could talk to pika or somthing like that and they made a handheld that had that feature and there were also alot of systems that worked the same way as the wii does but just had like normal sports not the whole nintendo franchise but if were to expect somthing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI

the next system is going to have real live people eating cheese

penguinphil said:
the next system is going to have real live people eating cheese
Damn drunks...

As for the next system, I am no expert, but I suspect it will be 5-7 years away and will have much improved graphics as well as processing in general, but who knows if they'll stay with the motion controls or not, they're a success now, but how long before people starting getting tired of it?

I can't say what the next gen consoles will be like, but I think it is safe to say that some form of the current control system will be included.

I also think that the other consoles will try to come up with their own versions.

The reason this new control system works and will be used in the future is, immersion.

The holy grail of gaming is immersion, getting the gamer lost in the game.

Why else to you see everyone trying to eliminate load screens, reduce load times and try to create more intuitive controls?

They all distract from the game experience and get in the way of immersion.

Combine the fact that the Wii controls are so easy to grasp, even for the casual gamer, and that the controls make you feel more of a part of the action and it's obvious why the Wii is so successful.

I look forward to see who is going to push the Wii control scheme to the limits and what the next iteration of consoles hold.

Back