The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

355A3FD3E22FCC3E2CD2CE5A529D1BA4B4F09AE2

After several deaths from its stupid flying fire aoe, I resorted to ditching my best armor for stamina regen robes. I eventually figured out how to keep baiting it to using it's forward flame attack, which is easy to dodge. I used sunlight spears, and several twilight herbs to replenish them. It would've been a fun fight if the dragon didn't 1 hit kill everything. Vendrick's turn.

Hm, Dark Souls 1 is on sale. GFWL screwed me over with the password because of some email debacle, so I only had one run with the game online before I got stuck offline. I could repurchase it and get another key code to get multiplayer, but they're supposedly phasing it out later in July. Unconfirmed, but other games have done it. Will have to wait and see if I get some answers.

Last edited:
I've been doing excellently with the brandistock. The slowness of the heavy attack combined with the range catches many offguard, with the vertical attack to change things up and increase range further. And the stupidity of the game's still alive and well, I've noticed.

I'm just about on equal footing with those pesky zweihander vanguards, and even some man-at-arms. All without resorting to their low tactics. The vanguards pretty much all got the exact same attack pattern, which heavily involves 3rd person and rapid mouse dragging around themselves. The brandistock's reach keeps them at a distance, which baits them to rush toward me with their own attack, upon which I back up slightly and go right, ending with a quick stab which is slightly faster than their own attack. If they block, a faint throws them off, and I get free hits. It feels so satisfying to finally be able to go 1vs3 and walk out fine and ready for more. Took me nearly a year, but I can finally hold my own.

Baiting 'n spacing. Assasin has some competitivenesses in 'em after all.

After the predicted 100+ hours of gameplay (200~ in fact), Gobul finally showed his mawsome mug in my leg'a Moga Woods. Finally got that Argosy License as such. I've also beaten every single non-event quest ever and got the award for that too. With this stuff outta the way, I've made my way to the arena in order t' get those fancy earrings. I've learned the basic controls of most-every class as such, and immensely improved my hammer-ing... just in time for Hunting Horn to always be used instead anyways. ._.;

I've gotten decent with the horn, so next up I'm gonna derp around with Dual Blades. It'l be a love-hate relationship I'm sure, 'cause **** sharpening.

1536727_776036469096995_5219927387684619767_n.jpg

Well at least Phantasy star is honest about your first weapon

Started Dark Souls 2's NG+. Why do the soldier's have hawk's with them now? They don't seem to do anything aside from having wonky animations that break immersion. Maybe that's the point.

Slapped event Brachydildo around a bit more giggity... and by a bit, I mean only once. And amazingly got three Crowns of Glory outta it, allowing me to forge that there shitty healing hammer. That's two 25~ minute hunts I skipped, so I'm most assuredly happy 'bout that.

Also gave Dual Blades a test run. As I remember, their mobility and the "demon dash" dodge are simply divine, but the range and long-lasting attack animations were very off-putting. Still are. DBs aren't good for tail cutting either, so this is the first weapon I've tried and will not of picked up. Though I did drop hammer in favor of horns, but that don't count.

I've just had my first game where me being the top scorer ended up with my team winning. Felt glorious. But that also meant that I'm the prime target for teamkillers, who did not hesitate in their duty.

Also, Battlefield 3 is free on Origin. I don't know what EA is planning, but this is one of their better ideas.

So event Brachy is kind'a just a walk in the park now. A walk in the park where you may die at any moment from strange explosive goop bein' thrown at you, but is a pleasant and calming walk none the less.

Shame it has so much HP. I wouldn't be able to solo it with LS as such... unless I spent dozens of hours practicing and perfecting some strategy that is way above my level of skill and would end in failure tons of times. So nope.avi.

I've just had my first game where me being the top scorer ended up with my team winning. Felt glorious. But that also meant that I'm the prime target for teamkillers

The unfortunate consequence of friendly fire and team scrambling bein' a thing together: salt will be dealt.

I can't seem to connect to any servers today. Sadface. May have been that update yesterday. Verifying the cache says that 4 files were missing, but I can't seem to be able to reacquire them. I can reinstall if need be.

Ran around Oblivion for a bit. It turns out all my disappearing swords were the result of a mod which causes weapons to sometimes get lodged in enemies during attacks. I'm not sure how I missed that. Also, being argonian is really helpful, what with all the water in Cyrodiil. Loving the quests in the game. Easily the most creative and diverse in the series.

first post about mk8~

Well, I haven't played much so far, but it's cool. 'sides the default characters, I only have Toadette and Wendy unlocked. I'll start playing as a few of the non-Wendy Koopalings whenever I unlock those.

Edit:

get out of here, baby rosalina. Don't act like you belong in this game, you fucking waste of space.

....you're not any better, baby daisy.

Last edited:
Back