The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Anyway I feel like Mario Kart 8 is the Brawl of MK
Bike tricks have been nerfed
I heard they were a little overpowered before. In that case, isn't this good?

New items are ridiculously OP
The Piranha Plant and 8? Yeah, sure they're good, but at least they nerfed Blue Shells.

Coins only make getting to first harder and takes away from the game IMO
(In MKW, even if you were last, you had the potential to be first. All you needed was the opportunity. Now you need coins, and you are going to loose them)
I have no solid opinion on this atm

The quick recovery shortens the gap of the first few and the rest making it ridiculously hard to hold a place
How is being more intense a bad thing?

Not being able to get items by holding on behind you is lame
I think it's a pretty understandable thing to get rid of.

Battle mode is ruined and if they fix it will DLC I WILL RAGE
Yup. But how is fixing it with DLC a bad thing? Assuming it's free. Better than not getting it fixed at all.

Why, when playing multiplayer, is the Wii U Pad screen separated?!?!
You got me there

More Chivalry. Had some archers rage at me. And a teamkilling man at arms on me. I don't really mind it, since it means I'm getting better.

Also, some Mortal Kombat 9. It's entertaining enough. I find it odd that 2 still feels more gruesome, in particular the announcer and blood.

Battle mode is ruined and if they fix it will DLC I WILL RAGE

Wouldn't you prefer it fixed with DLC rather than leaving it as is?

Speaking of which, Dark Souls 2 is getting some DLC. 3 in fact. And they've even got season passes ready. 'tis a shame.

Sniper Elite 2 is free on Steam for today.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you prefer it fixed with DLC rather than leaving it as is?
It would be good if they fixed it but if they did, it would mean we are the ones punished for their bad judgment
If it's free however, then all is well

How is being more intense a bad thing?
It makes the game harder yes but it doesn't make it more balanced
If anything it takes away from balance

By making it more hard but at the same time it lowers the skill ceiling is wrong. That's not how you build a game. It just makes it more awkward.

Last edited:
halp

havin 2 much fun w/ gunlance

forgetting tail carves n **** cause i wanna go pew pew da monstar

I hereby revoke you of your hunting license. Place all your loot in the item box on your way out. We'll have some Melynx deal with you promptly.

Surely my regrets are punishment enough... ;_;

Bike tricks have been nerfed

sadfaec

New items are ridiculously OP

ssssshhhhhooooocccccckkkkk

Not being able to get items by holding on behind you is lame

... Alright, that is complete bullshit. Which developer thought this a bright idea?

I heard they were a little overpowered before. In that case, isn't this good?

Overpowered my arse. Only if you're a competitive speed runner that can do perfect races without gettin' hit once. Only thing in Mario Kart that's truly ever been overpowered is light characters in a kart (lookin' at you, Dry Bones).

they nerfed Blue Shells.

REALLY?!

not quote seperating on mobile

I didn't know for sure if bikes were op, hence my uncertain wording.

Yep. They seem much less common, pretty sure they stun for shorter time, and the horn exists.

There's a single unicorn in Oblivion, guarded by several minotaurs. I thought that was a mod, but no, it's just an odd inclusion.

25 bucks for all 3 Dark Souls 2 DLC. Not like they could just release it as a single piece. No, it must be in 3 parts.

05D5A7057DA5F2CCF9A35BB22478384DEF39561E

So a friggin' ice minotaur followed me while making my way back from a cave dungeon. He slaughtered the city entrance guards and followed me into Bruma, upon where he caused more havoc than the entire Oblivion invasion thus far. So many dead guards. And the citizens who decided to try to punch it to death fared no better. On the bright side, I got plenty of loot from the guards to sell, and the minotaur had a dwarven warhammer that sold at about 500 gold. Got myself plenty of health potions with that.

I made the obvious choice of ignorin' MK8 and playin' WW:HD instead, and smashed my way through the first dungeon. On hero mode, naturally. Because of said mode, I actually died five times since there's literally no way to recover hearts the entire time you're on Dragon Roost Isle (how many times have I mentioned its theme is epic?). Every honest, minute, rather pitiable mistake inched me notably closer to death.

Also, that fire beetle is a shockingly cool first boss. Of other Zelda games I've played, only Skyward Sword's first boss surpasses it. 2 fabulous

All in all, I'm enjoyin' myself thus far. wow nowai so unexpected! Now I make my way t' the second dungeon, the first area I'll go to in which I have no prior experience with.

Got the new Don't Starve DLC because I had the dosh hanging around and I've managed to successfully cause myself to overheat in winter with nothing but a thermal stone and a campfire. It was also done in the middle of a swamp so I should get bonus points for that.

As for how the run is going? Awful! My game started in Autumn and I completely disregarded the fact it was winter and prepared for summer so I have nothing but a Breezy Vest and a good old beard to protect myself from the harsh winter nights, the Thermal stone doesn't count because I always found it hindered me.

I look forward to Reign of Giants.

'Til then, moar Wind Waker. Hammered through the second dungeon with relative ease. Only died once to a pair of Moblins 'cause I didn't realize they had an unarmed attack; nor did I realize it had such retarded range, said lack of caution leadin' to gettin' hit a second time, removing my last heart. Wouldn't of happened if I was more cautious with the mini-boss...

Also played MK8. Good fun, though Wind Waker I heavily prioritize. Coins are certainly interesting, and the nerf to blue shells (in more ways than one) is grand. As y'all mentioned, the soundtrack is indeed superb.

Bought Ocarina 3DS, because Ocarina 3DS. Controls feel much better, and animations are smoother. I'm guessing MQ is unlocked after beating the game.

And my first death is by cuccos. A heart per hit? That doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to mario kart. Seems really fun, can't wait to play as funky kong.

Mario party 10 I think? Looks cool, I mean can't be much different than the rest. I see bowser is going to be a big part in it, don't really understand the whole thing. He's controlled by a player the whole game or just when it's his turn or..?

Got back into The Secret World. That new update(or was it an expansion?) seems to have brought back life into it for now. Turns out I was having difficulty because I missed a couple of quests that lead me to a more appropriately-leveled quest giver and area. Also switched my build from multi-hit attacks to single hits, but that cause more damage per hit as well. I'm at a motel surrounded by portals spewing spawns from hell. It's a bit too similar to what I've recently been playing in Oblivion.

Games I have that I want to play:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Mind Zero
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Yoshi's Island
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Conception 2

Games I'm motivated to play:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Project M

What is with me and single player games not getting along?

Back