The Wii is NOT "kiddie"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu256 said:
Super Paper Mario is an RPG
Have you ever played any of the Final Fantasy games?

Did you know that Zelda and SPM were both meant to be gamecube games? You should have just bought a gamecube based on the games you like so far.

Let's get back on the tracks. I don't think the Wii is too "kiddy" but they definitely create more games targeted at younger people rather than teenagers and older people. Nintendo is releasing more M games for the Wii now than they have in the past.

No respect for what came before. Zelda and Mario were hardcore way back in the 80's. The original Zelda is still a huge challenge. Mario 3 is still a tough tough game.

The game may not be what you like, and that's cool. But don't refuse to label it hardcore simply because it doesn't involve gunplay and blood.

heh sony is kiddy then because they also wont release manhunt 2 due to it being AO... but who gives a damn if OTHER people think its kiddy.. you knew what you were buying when you bought it.. its nintendo its going to have more kid friendly games.

so let me get this straight because nintendo has ports of games from other systems that are T-M that still makes them kiddy because they (NINTENDO) does not produce any hardcore M rated games? i dont get the logic in that.. its still on the system which im sure nintendo has some sort of approval proccess before they will release the game on wii so wii has some M rated games.. they may not be PS3/360 quality but they are still there... hell my kid had nightmares cause he seen me play RE4.... which i already know is an old port but its still M....

If you feel you need to be killing or destorying something to have any kind of fun you need to seek help. :crazy:

i will agree though.. mario is kid friendly(even though he eats mushrooms lol) im talking new mario (3d)
but old mario 1-4 was pretty tough i hooked up the old NES yes it still works lol and let my 4 year old play and he had ALOT of trouble figuring out how to play... but let him play Mario64 and hes all over it an mario kart... so i know what ya mean by saying mario and pokemon is kiddy but i wouldnt say zelda is other than windwaker... TP is not hardcore but i wouldnt say its for little kids either.

LowTek said:
Yes it is, you are wrong.

I hate to make a short and lacking argument, but there is no contest here, it is kiddie. I am 23 and I still like it, and play it almost daily, but I will NOT deny that it is kiddie.

If you don't like, *ahem* "kiddie" games buy T and M rated games for the wii, they DO exist.
and if it really is kiddie, i don't think a 23 year old would like it.

well the games are really easy. i only have zelda tp i never died on the bosses. they are way too easy. it's more like pick up and play type of games. more the casual gamers... though i don't think it's that kiddie.

Sovieto said:
look at zelda wind waker, and zelda TP is hardly hardcore, maybe for nintendo it is, but there are no extremely challenging bosses, or tons of items and extremely hard puzzles..they know kids will be playing it, so they dumb it down for them, making the game "kiddy"
and wow dude "they wouldve stopped making them 25 years ago cause the majoirty of the people in us is adults" WOW MAN..SWEET DUDE..way to use an obvious fact to support an argument, cause you failed at it. i dont even know if i should be replying to your post, cause after you saying that, i feel stupid for just writing this.. mario is obviously geared towards a younger audience, for reasons i stated above, there is nothing to challenging about it, sure adults and teenagers can pick it up and enjoy it, but they wont it as challenging or as worthwhile as other games they could play. once again "mom sees a console that has a game where you chainsaw people, then she sees another that has a game where you jump on walking mushrooms" what do you think she is going to buy for her kids.
and dude, seriously, how old are you...since when was.. UR WRONG, a valid argument..SSBB is such a simple fighting game compared to other fighting games out there, and theres not even blood, alas, they know kids will be playing it, so they dumb it down FOR kids..therefore, its KIDDY raaaaaa
im not trying to say i like the fact nintendo is labeled as kiddy, but when people just sit back and go: uhh nu uh! ur wrong mister, nintendo aint kiddy!
it dosent help the problem at all, it just clouds it, maybe if more people would speak out nintendo would realize its time to take a step forward

As I completely ignor your childish and fanboyish rants,
I'd like to thank you for bumping this thread so much.
*prepares to get an annoying reply back from sovieto that sounds like it was made by a thirteen year old.*

JeremyGTS said:
heh sony is kiddy then because they also wont release manhunt 2 due to it being AO... but who gives a damn if OTHER people think its kiddy.. you knew what you were buying when you bought it.. its nintendo its going to have more kid friendly games.

so let me get this straight because nintendo has ports of games from other systems that are T-M that still makes them kiddy because they (NINTENDO) does not produce any hardcore M rated games? i dont get the logic in that.. its still on the system which im sure nintendo has some sort of approval proccess before they will release the game on wii so wii has some M rated games.. they may not be PS3/360 quality but they are still there... hell my kid had nightmares cause he seen me play RE4.... which i already know is an old port but its still M....

If you feel you need to be killing or destorying something to have any kind of fun you need to seek help. :crazy:

i will agree though.. mario is kid friendly(even though he eats mushrooms lol) im talking new mario (3d)
but old mario 1-4 was pretty tough i hooked up the old NES yes it still works lol and let my 4 year old play and he had ALOT of trouble figuring out how to play... but let him play Mario64 and hes all over it an mario kart... so i know what ya mean by saying mario and pokemon is kiddy but i wouldnt say zelda is other than windwaker... TP is not hardcore but i wouldnt say its for little kids either.

The words coming from this guy ACTUALLY CONTAINS LOGIC, I feel SO happy that I'm not alone.

Sovieto said:
look at zelda wind waker, and zelda TP is hardly hardcore, maybe for nintendo it is, but there are no extremely challenging bosses, or tons of items and extremely hard puzzles..they know kids will be playing it, so they dumb it down for them, making the game "kiddy"
and wow dude "they wouldve stopped making them 25 years ago cause the majoirty of the people in us is adults" WOW MAN..SWEET DUDE..way to use an obvious fact to support an argument, cause you failed at it. i dont even know if i should be replying to your post, cause after you saying that, i feel stupid for just writing this.. mario is obviously geared towards a younger audience, for reasons i stated above, there is nothing to challenging about it, sure adults and teenagers can pick it up and enjoy it, but they wont it as challenging or as worthwhile as other games they could play. once again "mom sees a console that has a game where you chainsaw people, then she sees another that has a game where you jump on walking mushrooms" what do you think she is going to buy for her kids.
and dude, seriously, how old are you...since when was.. UR WRONG, a valid argument..SSBB is such a simple fighting game compared to other fighting games out there, and theres not even blood, alas, they know kids will be playing it, so they dumb it down FOR kids..therefore, its KIDDY raaaaaa
im not trying to say i like the fact nintendo is labeled as kiddy, but when people just sit back and go: uhh nu uh! ur wrong mister, nintendo aint kiddy!
it dosent help the problem at all, it just clouds it, maybe if more people would speak out nintendo would realize its time to take a step forward

ssb is actually much more complex than one might think. its kind of like wii sports in being easy to learn but difficult to master. what other fighting games are you referring to? because soul-calibur-esque games are often just button mashers. ive used this before, but in soul calibur II, all you have to do is be rafael and hit A over and over again. if you manage to hit them the first time, you cant recover because of the quick blows. a lot of fighting games work like that. i understand to be a mortal kombat champ, you have to pull off a lot of combos and other stuff, but its easy to hit buttons over and over.

in ssb, there are a lot of strategies because the arenas can be so large. you cant even jump in a lot of fighting games, but jumping is an integral part of smash. although pulling of moves might seem easy, pulling off the right moves at the right time and in rapid succession is fairly difficult.

^just my two cents for the day^

and i know this is kind of an immature argument but...

we'll have an AO game, what do you have?

sorry. i had to say that. :yesnod:

XwiimasturX said:
ssb is actually much more complex than one might think. its kind of like wii sports in being easy to learn but difficult to master. what other fighting games are you referring to? because soul-calibur-esque games are often just button mashers. ive used this before, but in soul calibur II, all you have to do is be rafael and hit A over and over again. if you manage to hit them the first time, you cant recover because of the quick blows. a lot of fighting games work like that. i understand to be a mortal kombat champ, you have to pull off a lot of combos and other stuff, but its easy to hit buttons over and over.

in ssb, there are a lot of strategies because the arenas can be so large. you cant even jump in a lot of fighting games, but jumping is an integral part of smash. although pulling of moves might seem easy, pulling off the right moves at the right time and in rapid succession is fairly difficult.

^just my two cents for the day^

and i know this is kind of an immature argument but...

we'll have an AO game, what do you have?

sorry. i had to say that. :yesnod:

*reped*

Just quickly on Zelda being hardcore:

I love Zelda. I'm a massive fan. However, it's not hardcore in any sense of the word. Guns and blood do not make a game hardcore. What does is complexity and style. Hardcore RPG's are things like the more complex MMO's and Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights. They've got deep and complex stats systems and take a hell of a lot of time to achieve anything in. Zelda is simplistic. That's not altogether a bad thing. Simplicity sometimes makes for some extremely fun gaming, especially when combined with awesome stories as Zelda often is.

But the point remains. It's not hardcore. Nintendo games just don't tend to be like that. Although perhaps Smash could stake a claim.

I don't care if the Wii is "kiddy" or not. Personally, I don't think it is. But if it is, so be it, I love my Wii, it pwns! Heck, I'm typing this from my Internet Channel right now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back