Vegetarianism

kissoff182

Comp Sci's Smurfette
Jan 11, 2007
Rohnert Park, CA
Wii Online Code
3101-2661-0950-9186
Just wanted to know you're thoughts on it. I haven't eaten anything aside from fish for a few weeks and my body feels awesome! Are you opposed to vegetarianism? Do you not care? Do you think it's healthier? Not as healthy?

The only important nutrient that's very hard to get when you're not eating meat is Vitamin B12 because there's only one thing that contains it aside from meat and it's nearly impossible to get. Protein is hard only if you're a moron and don't know what you're doing (usually those who eat lots of bread instead of protein-abundant veggies and fruits; usually those who go vegetarian for animals, not for their body).

Thoughts?

I have nothing against vegetarianism, I just love meat too much to give it up myself. Besides, the poor little moo-cow is already dead and I would hate for it to have sacrificed itself in vain.

My little sister says she's a vegetarian. The only problem I have with that is that she's 12 and needs the nutrients. Granted she could get them from vitamins and vegetables and fish, but she hates vitamins and most vegetables...She's also taken to eating chicken and still saying she's a vegetarian. I don't think my parents beat her enough as a youngster.

Last edited:
yeah wendys crispy chicken sandwhich is too hard to resist. but my gf doesnt eat meat. not for the animals not for her health just just thinks eating live things is gross.

mmm im hungry for some meat right now :) i have an 'Aunt' (shes not truly related, just has us call her aunt lol) whos vegatarian... i dont mind vegetarian (we did a health class on this just today!!) and the only problem with it is that it is harder to get calories... and i was under the impression that vitamin supplements were to boost your vitamin intake, not be the only source :p :)

Lobstermobster said:
yeah wendys crispy chicken sandwhich is too hard to resist. but my gf doesnt eat meat. not for the animals not for her health just just thinks eating live things is gross.

... funny because plants are alive.

Solard said:
and the only problem with it is that it is harder to get calories...

You're right except that you don't get as full as quickly when you eat just fruits and veggies and therefore, you will eat more and get the calories you need. You may be consuming less calories than had you been eating meat, but some people who eat meat eat too much meat and therefore get too many calories.

I love not putting meat in my stomach. I don't feel sleepy right after I eat nor do I get that really bloated, overweight feeling. After I've had a vegetarian meal, I feel full, but I feel satisfied for a long period of time and I feel like I have more energy.

Solard said:
and i was under the impression that vitamin supplements were to boost your vitamin intake, not be the only source :p :)

B12 is the only vitamin that is hard to find unless you take vitamin supplements or eat meat.

Last edited:
Cows were made to be steak, pigs to be bacon, chicken to be, well, chicken. Not to say that there's something inherently wrong with being a vegetarian, but I hate those veggie nuts who go on and on about "exploitation and cruelty of animals", and just try to make you sick because they can't have any of your juicy, tender, medium rare filet mignon.

when I ate beef, and I will again, I was even less of a pussy than you and had it cooked as rare as I could have it without it being raw. =)

Solard said:
:lol: not when you buy them from the store there not!

You're right, but neither are the animals.

My sisters a vegetarian, i really dont see the point if its just to "save some cows". Like Gymdawg said, theyre already dead. She does it so she can shed a few pounds, no shame there

kissoff182 said:
You're right except that you don't get as full as quickly when you eat just fruits and veggies and therefore, you will eat more and get the calories you need. You may be consuming less calories than had you been eating meat, but some people who eat meat eat too much meat and therefore get too many calories.
Eating to many calories isn't essentaly a bad thing, A man's dayly allowence is 2500k calories, and a womans is 2000k Calories.
Now alot of people are miss guided by the word calorie and don't understand what it actually is, it's a unit of energy. the energy it takes to raise 1gram of water by 1 degree kelvin.

As long as your are burning what you take in, then your ok, for me a do alot of exercise each day, walk alot of miles, cycling, play badminton regularly. and also run a bit. so i do eat quite alot.

oh and i hold nothing against vegitarians, i just couldn't live without a cheese, ham, bacon and corned beef pannini

kissoff182 said:
when I ate beef, and I will again, I was even less of a pussy than you and had it cooked as rare as I could have it without it being raw. =)

You're right, but neither are the animals.

Does that mean you just peeled a warm cow and ate it? :smilewinkgrin:

I have a veggie girlfriend. I do all the cooking, and I eat meat... well, when I can get around to cooking my own meal, I eat meat.

What I have to do when cooking is basically have the same ingredients and cook the veg first, then when it's time to add the all wonderful meatstuff :worship: I split the splopp into two pans and add Quorn to hers.

Job done.

The really dodgy thing is, though, that (we don't do this personally, but I've tried some) meat flavoured veggie foods really do taste very much like what they're labelling says, especially the minted lamb quorn! And, bacon flavoured crisps are another... :scared:

i was vegetarian for 8 years, i still eat very little meat but no fish and i eat chicken all the time. i love beef jerky and steak and burger but im on a diet atm. now to all you pizza eaters i uses to eat 1 - 2 large pizzas to myself (keep in mind my calorie limit is 2300 [1900 if i want to lose weight with little exercize which i do]) untill i found out 1 pizza frozen or fresh has 2600 calories so for dinner i was taking in 5200 calories just for dinner plus about 1000 for lunch and breakfast so around 6000 calories a day, 3 times what i should no wonder i put on weight. once i ate 8 chesseburgers at 400 calories each, so theres 3200 and i had a pizza for dinner. damn! lol i started this diet a week ago aswell as a workout schedule and i feel better than ever and have lost 5 kilos (thanks wiisports). my record and im ashamed of it now (i used to be proud) is a whole party pizza... 6000 calories plus all the fat and crap *puke* i will never go back to eating like that ever again. just thought id share that

I don't know how anyone could survive without steak. . . but of course I live in the midwest so nearly everyone loves steak here since alot of people raise cattle around here.

Christ on a stick!

THAT, my fine friend, is excellent! Very good work to be sorting it out.

I'd give you a gift if I could...

Here, have a squiggle ~ :smilewinkgrin:

Back