What a wonderful world

Very unfair considering the situation and the fact the man did turn himself in the next day. Sure, it was wrong of him to pull this stunt but to be sentenced to fifteen years in prison is just insane.
Well, he was homeless and hungry. You have food and a bed in prison, maybe he planned it. I've heard things like that before.

I'd rather be in jail than be homeless, I'm actually surprised more homeless people don't try and break the law more to have a warm place to stay and have three meals to eat.

A lot of them though, they stay outside because they love drugs and once they go to jail they can't do that anymore.

Either way 15 years for that guy is ridiculous.

Around here loadsa homeless people brake the law around Christmas so they have shelter and food over the holidays. Our prisons are such a joke that people dpi lead an easier life inside. And there are still drugs in prisons, always gets through somehow :/

The title made me think of this:
[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P39WX_ORBgA[/ame]

Strange thing is, is that assault would most likely deliver a much shoter sentence. Kinda sad, we get punished harder for stealing money than we do for beating someone up.

Wow, 15 years. Thats a bit harsh considering he did a noble act while robbing the place...if that makes sense..and he was unarmed....its a shame. Granted it was robbery, but the length of conviction is ridiculous.

I'd rather be in jail than be homeless, I'm actually surprised more homeless people don't try and break the law more to have a warm place to stay and have three meals to eat.

Thats very true. A lot of them do try here in NYC, but they get turned down and sent back to the streets due to over population in prisons.

Brownies14 said:
Some homeless people choose to be homeless. They could easily get a job paying minimum wage, and I'm sure they have relatives.
But was this guy homeless or what?

You are just.. ugh, lol.

Well said, Syntax.

A lot of them though, they stay outside because they love drugs and once they go to jail they can't do that anymore.

Either way 15 years for that guy is ridiculous.

I agree to an extent, I would have thought a week would be more fitting.. he didn't hurt anyone, and he only took $100 for some food.

Really it's not surprising, living on the streets with no food to eat except garbage for years, his reason is completely understandable.

Oh well, he'll have loads to eat now including some shelter.. his only worries now is getting stabbed when out of his cell or when out for recess. More tough times.

While 15 years is very harsh, I don't think he minds.

He wanted to go to prison.

While 15 years is very harsh, I don't think he minds.

He wanted to go to prison.

I don't think he wanted to go for 15 years though, plus he only did it for money. Sure he may have had the intention of going there for a bit but I'm sure he didn't imagine it'd be that long.

Besides, like others have mentioned if he has mental issues imagine what 15 years in prison will do to you.

Well it would really depend on the prison he went to I guess.

Some prisons would be much better then living on the streets. Others, not so much...

Yeah, plus you see that in a lot of movies so it leads you to think that.

LOL its not a movie in there, trust me. That will happen to you in there and there will nothing you can do about it. And if you want to live and ur not in a gang....yea you guessed it. Its rough in there, Federal or State, doesnt matter, its rough.
I have my sources.

How the hell did he not get off with that? Plenty of murderers have done in the past!

LOL its not a movie in there, trust me. That will happen to you in there and there will nothing you can do about it. And if you want to live and ur not in a gang....yea you guessed it. Its rough in there, Federal or State, doesnt matter, its rough.
I have my sources.

Never said it doesn't happen. And I'm sure it's rough as an in-mate. Hopefully I'll never get to find out for sure. :lol:

Back