What you wanna be?

RadNad said:
When I grow up, I want to be a Fireman! Nah...

I don't know what to do since I got ages left as a student (currently in Year 9 to the UKnians). Being a Computer Engineer who builds computers and programs and stuff seems like an awesome job which may pay loads. No, I'm not a Super Special Awesome Mega Ultra Nerdy Geek Guy. Just a person who knows quite a bit for his age.

I am also in your year and which aspect would you prefer?

The more engineering stuff which is producing the PC's and such or a software design side?

Like I said earlier, I am interested into Digital Media and such.

I really don't know what I want to do. I was hoping just to be an artist who would sit there all day and have everything work out itself, such optimism.

I'm thinking of retaking college because IT is boring me to death and you need a deep business background to understand half of the stuff, I just don't enjoy it and see no point in it.

Fine Art is okaaay but expanding on ideas is not my thing, ideas come in an instinct, if they need perfecting, that's what I'll do, but if I'm happy with it I'd rather just leave it as that.

My mum thinks I should do fashion design, and I'm actually crazy enough to agree with her.

Could you just drop IT next year and take something else?

It's what I did actually.. IT was ****.

That's what I'm planning to do, it is the most boring subject, ever. I just took it because I got an A in GCSE.

Lol! Same!

I think most of the people in my class last year did because of that reason too, this year only about 5 people from two classes (about 25 in total) didn't drop it.

surfinrach90 said:
Could you just drop IT next year and take something else?

It's what I did actually.. IT was ****.
Come on guys, it can't be that bad. I took IT during my school years and I personally thought that it was the best subject on offer. :)
I am sure that you are just going through a boring topic, so it should get much better with time.

I did IT at A-Level...and it was ****! It was pathetic, the coursework module was okay, but the 'ICT in the real world' one was just complete bollocks! I didn't drop it though, but if it's really bothering you Frogger, then you might as well...how many subjects are you doing?

Frogger said:
3, the minimum.
Fair do's...I started out doing 4 you see, then after a year I dropped Further Maths because I realised that you can only use 3 grades to get into my uni! I'm still glad I did it though, because it made normal Maths a walk in the park.

But I was going to say, if you were doing 4 you should just drop it and not take anything else up, for the reason why I dropped one...but seeing as you're doing 3 you best choose something else! This lad I know dropped one after a year and took up another subject, but he did both AS and A2 in just Upper 6, so you could probably do that if you wanted.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I am also in your year and which aspect would you prefer?

The more engineering stuff which is producing the PC's and such or a software design side?

Like I said earlier, I am interested into Digital Media and such.
To answer something which was posted ages ago which I stumbled on whilst sorting out subscribed threads.

The Engineering Side. Why? All you do is put Boards, Drives, a Bunch-O-Wires and an Egg Timer. For added effect.

The retarded thing is we don't even do ICT this year...:prrr:.

Back