What's your pokemon team?

You don't need Flash in this game, it's a regular one-time TM now. There's only one cave in the game you need it for, I think, and the cave is both hidden and not necesarry for the story. I recommend teaching flash to a pokemon you don't need at all, definatly not a powerful Kadabra.
Yeah I ended up teaching it to Pachirisu. And the cave isn't really hidden at all. My first playthrough of Diamond I went in there right when I saw it and got lost in there. Couldn't get out and had to restart. My Pokemon were too strong to lose to the wild Pokemon and I couldn't see a darn thing XP

Anyway, Zubat evolved into Golbat but then I caught a Gligar. Egg hatched into Togepi as well. Not sure what to do with the rest of my team to be honest, I keep switching things around. Any suggestions? I just made it to Hearthome (and won a cute contest with my Togepi)

Sorry, I find it funny when people don't know tier placements.
I know nothing about tiers. I find the new Pokemon games to be a bit more complicated than they need to be. Red Version had such a great balance but now everything's so complicated...

i just read the first and last page. CK, are you still rating teams? i'm not too sure about mine

He'll be gone until next week, but I can almost gurantee you he'll say something about taking out Shuckle for something else, seeing as Shuckle is actually no good.

lol shuckle and clefable are more for novelty than anything else. actually, that was my first time using shuckle with that team. normally, i use cradily instead.

btw, totally did not expect your gallade to have shadow sneak. my poor gengar. well played

ok, I'll just post it now so you all can rip it apart. have fun :p

My residual damage team:

Hippowdon @lum berry / focus sash
Careful, 252 HP, 156 SpD, 88 Def, 16Atk
slack off
stealth rock
roar
earthquake

Pretty Standard sandstorm team lead. I don't know what i was thinking with the EVs on this one. His job is to get the sandstorm going and get SR up. Earthquake is for taunt leads and roar is for later in the game (if he survives that long) to abuse entry hazards.

Forretress @occa berry
Relaxed, 252 HP, 112 Atk, 144 Def
spikes
gyro ball
rapid spin
explosion

Basically just lay down spikes and explode if he gets the chance.

Gengar @choice scarf
Calm, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
thunderbolt
focus blast
shadow ball
psychic

Something fast to stop the sweepers. His job is to block and kill rapid spinners.

Empoleon @leftovers / lum berry
Modest, EVs unknown
ice beam
grass knot
surf
roar

Kill what he can, roar the rest.

Cradily @leftovers
Careful, 252 HP, 160 Def, 96 SpD
toxic
rock slide
barrier
recover

or

Shuckle @chesto berry
Impish, 252 HP, 208 Def, 48 SpD
encore
rest
knock off
toxic

I just use my toxic stallers for fun. I didn't like that cradily can be so crippled by status ailments so i made a resting shuckle. Cradily has had more success, shuckle is good for screwing with people.

Clefable (Magic guard) @toxic orb
Bold, 252 HP, 40 SpA, 216 SpD
wish
protect
toxic
flamethrower

Another fun toxic staller. Flamethrower is mainly for the steels, and also the poisons that resist toxic. Since it's usually my last pokemon, I don't want it to be stuck with no way to attack

Last edited:
My residual damage team:

slack off
stealth rock
roar
earthquake

Pretty Standard sandstorm team lead. I don't know what i was thinking with the EVs on this one. His job is to get the sandstorm going and get SR up. Earthquake is for taunt leads and roar is for later in the game (if he survives that long) to abuse entry hazards.

Fine as far as i can tell. the only sanstorm lead that works better is good ol' T-tar. nothing sandstorms better then that thing in OU

Forretress @occa berry
spikes
gyro ball
rapid spin
explosion

he should be lead if he's just gonna go boom. also replace spikes for SR.

Gengar @choice scarf
thunderbolt
focus blast
shadow ball
psychic

Something fast to stop the sweepers. His job is to block and kill rapid spinners.

he's fine overall. but to make him better, replace Psychic for Ice Beam

Modest, EVs unknown
ice beam
grass knot
surf
roar

drop roar, for what though i'm not sure as i'm not familiar with the penguin. and if you happen to be out sped a lot, then replace surf with aqua jet. but onlly if he be slow

Cradily @leftovers
toxic
rock slide
barrier
recover

or

Shuckle @chesto berry

encore
rest
knock off
toxic

I just use my toxic stallers for fun. I didn't like that cradily can be so crippled by status ailments so i made a resting shuckle. Cradily has had more success, shuckle is good for screwing with people.

personally that Cradily is better then the shuckle. i'd take that for now. replace it with something better later.

wish
protect
toxic
flamethrower

Another fun toxic staller. Flamethrower is mainly for the steels, and also the poisons that resist toxic. Since it's usually my last pokemon, I don't want it to be stuck with no way to attack

drop protect and put on a better move. or even better, drop this thing in favor of a Blissey.
there you go

lol shuckle and clefable are more for novelty than anything else.
Shuckle is actually pretty good in my opinion.
actually, that was my first time using shuckle with that team. normally, i use cradily instead.
Cradily is better though, because he an do something besides Toxic for damage and has Recover.
btw, totally did not expect your gallade to have shadow sneak. my poor gengar. well played
NORMAL Gallades have Night Slash, so I don't blame you.
ok, I'll just post it now so you all can rip it apart. have fun :p

My residual damage team:

slack off
stealth rock
roar
earthquake

Not the Hippowdon I usually use, but still good.
Forretress @occa berry
spikes
gyro ball
rapid spin
explosion

You don't need to replace Spikes with Stealth Rock if Hippowdon has it already. Especially if Hippowdon's a lead.
Gengar @choice scarf
thunderbolt
focus blast
shadow ball
psychic

Ice Beam? The heck, he doesn't have Ice Beam.
Modest, EVs unknown
ice beam
grass knot
surf
roar

I see no problems.
Cradily @leftovers
toxic
rock slide
barrier
recover

or

Shuckle @chesto berry
encore
rest
knock off
toxic

Like I said, use Cradily. And teach him Stockpile over Barrier, I find it more useful.
wish
protect
toxic
flamethrower

Lol, this is just one of those surprise Pokemon. I have a friend who ALWAYS puts the SAME Ninetales on his team. (Flamethrower, Calm Mind, Energy Ball, HP Ground.)
dkddkjdhjdd

Stockpile? STOCKPILE?
that move sucks! Barrier is by far the better move. Stockpile is only useful for Swallow or Spit Up, but i doubt you have the time to actually use that combo as the Stockpile poke usually gets KO'd because it stockpiled.

Stockpile? STOCKPILE?
that move sucks! Barrier is by far the better move. Stockpile is only useful for Swallow or Spit Up, but i doubt you have the time to actually use that combo as the Stockpile poke usually gets KO'd because it stockpiled.
This generation, Stockpile raises Def and SpD by one stage. Did you know that?

Stockpile is basicly Cosmic Power, except if you have Swallow or Spit Up, which you probably don't.

stockpile is a good move and i debated over it instead of barrier when i made cradily, but i went with barrier because of the extra SpD cradily gets from the sandstorm. also, earthquake and physical fighting moves are common so i wanted some way to get his defense up.

anywho, thanks for your opinions Esp and Shadow. I really appreciate it :D
Too bad gengar cant learn ice beam because that would have been great. I usually try to go for pokemon that you don't see too often. Thats why i never use my garchomp, i dont have a blissey, and i went with hippowdon over tyranitar (also i don't like 4x weaknesses).

@Shadow: Empoleon's speed is usually his downfall so a priority move would be great for him. problem is, his physical attack sucks compared to his special so i wouldnt trade it for his powerful surf. Protect is on clefable to stall for toxic and sandstorm damage. its also good with wish. i like wish on her over softboiled because it stalls more and it can help the team out. I considered getting rid of the hippo, teaching foretress SR, swaping roar for aqua jet on the penguin, trading clefable for a phiysical sweeper, and cradily for a more sturdy wall.... but then it just wouldnt be a residual damage team anymore lol. Who knows, if i get tired of losing, i just might do all of that

anyways, here's a team i've been thinking of:

Aerodactyl: Adament?/Rock Head
-SR
-Double Edge
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch

Arcanine: Adament/Intimidate
-Fire Fang
-Extreme Speed
-EQ
-Crunch

Gyrados: Adament/Intimidate