Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haz said:
I meant in the sense that you buy a Wii it' one specification, where as if you were to purchase a PC, there are so many different specifications around that you can't sum the whole PC market up as a single variable.

Hence why PC is > than consoles.

vagrant said:

Depends on where you're coming from.

If you're like me, whose last console was a GG (GameGear), then yeah, it would be 'next gen'. Especially since I'm not an avid PC gamer.

PS: If anyone is wondering what exactly my sig is, it is the list of games that I'm planning to get when when I get my Wii. :wink:

Last edited:
vagrant said:

If you don't mind paying $2000 for a middle of the road gaming PC which will have dated parts in 6 months. Sure, much greater.

vagrant said:
He was saying the ps3 has it's sixaxis which is based off of stuff ripped from nintendo.

Soooooo you think Sony ripped the sixaxis idea from Nintendo which only uses a little camera and light sensors? Ya I dont see how Sony's sixaxis compares with Nintendo in any way.

ABC said:
If you don't mind paying $2000 for a middle of the road gaming PC which will have dated parts in 6 months. Sure, much greater.

Even the dated parts are more next gen than the consoles. I have a DX10 BFG 8800GTS with an FX-60. sure in 6months my videocard is outdated but will still stomp any of the new consoles. Crysis will never look as good on a console as it will on a PC.

Last edited:
Lethal said:
Even the dated parts are more next gen than the consoles. I have a DX10 BFG 8800GTS with an FX-60. sure in 6months my videocard is outdated but will still stomp any of the new consoles. Crysis will never look as good on a console as it will on a PC.

O.K. and you payed how much for your PC? Because I can buy all three consoles for less than a shitty gaming PC and still have a Blu-Ray drive and motion sensing technology.

Paul237 said:
Well, it is next generation, because it's a new console that's been released at a similar time to the other consoles (XBox 360 and the PS3). You can't argue with fact. :)

I think people are getting confused and assuming that you can only call something next gen if it's got amazing graphics and plays blu rays discs. No. Next gen merely refers to when the consoles are released.

Nintendo have focused on gameplay when it comes to the Wii. They have always been a video game company at the end of the day. Sony and Microsoft have not. Good graphics do not a good game make. Remember that, folks. :D

What he said.

ABC said:
O.K. and you payed how much for your PC? Because I can buy all three consoles for less than a shitty gaming PC and still have a Blu-Ray drive and motion sensing technology.

lol Blu-Ray drive is no different than my HD-DVD player. All plays HD movies. And sure you can buy all 3 consoles cheaper than my PC but none look near as good as the PC nor can they burn games or movies. Never try to compare a console with a PC. Consoles are limited to.........videogames.

And where did shitty gaming PC come from? lol whats shitty about state of the art technology?

And dont say motion sensor is state of the art cause its not. Im not starting another dumb war either. Just dont compare a console with a PC. PC wins hands down.

I'll find the source later. It's true though.

The Wii is not Nex-Gen. IT said Nex-Gen is an update and a better version of the first one. It is more like a New-Gen, of Nintendo.
Xbox - Xbox 360. They have the same look kind of. They have the same features, with the 360's better.
PS2-PS2 - PS3. They look close to the same.
Gamecube-Wii. They said that the Wii is way different.

GOD DAMN all 3 are next gen although I prefer PS3 Wii and 360 are Next gen too. PS3 and Wii PWNZ Xbox 360 though no offence like but be honest.

Lethal said:
And dont say motion sensor is state of the art cause its not. Im not starting another dumb war either. Just dont compare a console with a PC. PC wins hands down.

Who said state of the art? I sure didn't. I said technology... a technology that Nintendo used in a way that no other company even attempted to prior to them... and from the looks of it, you can't even come close to that on a PC.

jus to put it down. the wii IS a next-gen console. it was announced in the topic of next-gen consoles at E3 06, it is in the next-gen console war in game informer and so on and so fourth. and now to clarify, motion sensors have been out in games since the original nes? i would like to no how buddy cuz i sure didnt c em. mayb im jus a din din duhr but i think that the motion sensor Nintendo uses with the wii is something that hasnt been seen in gaming, otherwise they wouldnt have used it. graphics are not everything in the next-gen. If it were up to graphics for the next-gen consoles, y is nintendo winning so far? and y does nintendo have the only next-gen title to get a 10/10 in game informer mag. with the legend of zelda: TP. i rest my case. now can every1 stop arguing nd jus leave this forum alone? pce

oops i meant to put this thread haha. srry bout that

Lethal said:
Just dont compare a console with a PC. PC wins hands down.

The only thing I don't like about PC gaming is that you don't have an actual controller in your hands. I just like controllers better. Other than that, yes, PC gaming is more advanced than any console out yet.

Why cant you use a controller on a PC?

Geno Nintendo is not winning the war lol. The 360 is dominating buddy. And Zelda isnt rated a 10 lol. Just because Game Informer gives a 10 doesnt make it a 10. Gamespot rates it a 8.8 or something.

Game Informer says the graphics wont blow you off your socks. Why does that deserve a 10/10 in graphics department? lol it doesnt. Now if Zelda was made for the 360 or PS3 then it would deserve a 10.

And lets not forget that Game Informer likes to hand out perfect 10s like candy. Never trust a Game Informer review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back