Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

What's really Next-Gen about X-Box 360 and PS3? It's a hype term drummed up to get people to spend more momeny for the same thing with a hardware upgrade. If I buy a new video card, it's not a next-gen computer. Plain and simple.

The Wii is the MOST next-gen of all the consoles, hands down. The other consoles are simply similar concepts with upgraded hardware for the most part.

ok i got sick of reading alll of these epecially the ones the nerd keeps wrighting about how the wii isnt next gen what not next gen about it what that they didnt take there first consol and beef up the gfx?? i think its the most "next-gen" they did somthing new they changed gaming the didnt take a ps1 and put a whole bunch of grf in it and call it next gen i h8 all you gfx hores the wii is the most next gen consol out you dont sit on your ass and push XOXOOOOXX to kill someone or drive you acually play it not push buttons once again i h8 gfx hores:mad2:

Xbox 360 and PS3 are the next generation.

The Wii is the new generation.

Trulen said:
Xbox 360 and PS3 are the next generation.

The Wii is the new generation.

If your gonna talk graphicwise then PC is about 10 generations ahead from 360 & PS3

Last edited:
psshh the wii is next gen man its up there with the ps3 and the 360 and of course its better! i mean the other two have AMAZING graphics but why would you want AMAZING graphics on suck AWEFUL GAMES?? psshhh ps3 will have 2 good titles in its time i bet xbx mite have a few cuz its got halo and alot of fps games but WII HAS MARIO and its nintendo pshh

Shadowpunk said:
If your gonna talk graphicwise then PC is about 10 generations ahead from 360 & PS3

You can't class a PC in the same category as Video Game Consoles - there are just too many variables.

Yes, PS3 and Xbox360 are an improvement on their predecessors, but I wouldn't call them innovative so how could they be 'next gen'? That's like calling a car next gen when it’s had a bigger engine put in or new wheels added.

Now the Wii has had the most R&D out of all the consoles which has resulted in high levels of innovation with the end result, a product that has new features. Going back to the car comparison, this would be like installing suspension or airbags into a car (i.e. years ago) for the first time. Thus making the product ‘next gen’.

However, if does really come down to what you interpret ‘Next Gen’ as.

1) The next series of console releases (In which case all three would be Next Gen)
Or
3) A significant improvement in technology that brings something ‘new’ to the market (In which case, only the Wii is Next Gen).

You also forgot to clarify that WiFi access is next gen, which makes all the systems a next generation...but we should stop saying next gen, as they are now current gens.

Haz said:
You can't class a PC in the same category as Video Game Consoles - there are just too many variables.

If video game consoles keep becoming more and more like pc's, which the ps3 has, and the xbox360 is clearly on that route, would it not only be far to put pc's in the same class?

If you are going to talk about all these pc aspects of consoles(even those gpu's are manufactured by computer gpu manufacturers) that make then next gen, how could you not put it in the same class?

vagrant said:
If video game consoles keep becoming more and more like pc's, which the ps3 has, and the xbox360 is clearly on that route, would it not only be far to put pc's in the same class?

If you are going to talk about all these pc aspects of consoles(even those gpu's are manufactured by computer gpu manufacturers) that make then next gen, how could you not put it in the same class?

I meant in the sense that you buy a Wii it' one specification, where as if you were to purchase a PC, there are so many different specifications around that you can't sum the whole PC market up as a single variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back