Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a great idea.

Why don't we just declare that the Playstation 3 AND the XBOX 360 AND the Wii are all Next Generation Systems.

Like most of us thought they were in the first place.

I have the Wii and the 360 and I can honestly say I play the 360 a lot more, due to the fact of how it appears on my HDTV, and the current status of Xbox Live for online multiplay. Once online multiplay is taken advantage of with Wii, I'm sure it will fall more into the "next gen" that people are expecting. (I got the 360 day after Thanksgiving, after the Wii, after I saw how it looks on my TV).

I like to put it this way. The Wii is one of Nintendo's next generations of consoles, but it hardly runs with system specifications that the competition has in the same "next" generation. The graphics blow, the sound isn't to par, but...

Damn it, the Wii has some great gameplay with that remote! It's still a great system. It all depends on the preferences of who is playing it. I waited about three years for the Wii to be released, naturally expecting some advancement of graphics quality and at least a digital coaxial output. Fortunately, I do have component cables coming. They aren't going to fix the issues that I hate, but they will surely help.

The main issue I have with Wii fall under the aliasing. This is the nature of gaming at 480. On one hand though, I set the Xbox 360 at 480p with Gears of War and it didn't look much better than the Wii at 480i. The aliasing issues plagued it, too.

I plan to play Wii today, though Gears of War is damn tempting to play some more online!!!

So wanting a 360 for gears of war :eek:
wii first - then hd tv then 360 for me...

BrandonMcAuslan said:
So wanting a 360 for gears of war :eek:
wii first - then hd tv then 360 for me...

Buying a console just to see it on the hdtv, is a little lame. I mean at least say you bought a ps3 to see the blu-ray movies on it.

And I really really really don't like gears of war.

im 99% sure i read an interview with some exec from nintendo who was quoted as having said that the wii is NOT a next gen console.. having said that, nintendo will still have microsoft & sony dangling by the short, brown curlies by this time next year... :lol:

i don't care if it's called next-gen or not.
The wii is more fun to play for me. We do have different opinions so
it's allemost ridiciolus to talk about this. Wii rules... I really ain't interested in the xbox360 and ps3 at all, because i'm ( to be honest.) Tired of the old fashion gaming. I love the n64 though but only because of Oot and MM.

ps3 360 and wii are all next gen. you just cant compare the wii to the 360 and the ps3 because the wii was made and designed on a totally different thought process. Nintendo wanted to make the wii so it would bring in casual gamers, hardcore gamers, and non-gamers all the same. you cant say that your 75 year old grandma can enjoy a few rounds of GoW on multiplayer. the wii was totally designed to be a fun gaming system, bringing more of what really matters (fun factor, innovation, and great gameplay) and with still enough graphical power to look pretty. i think people are too harsh towards the wii and probably never played it in the first place. but as for the wii being next generation, you just cant say it isnt. if i started my own console company and came out with the Shitbox with 16-bit graphics in 2006, and then released the Shitbox2 with 32-bit graphics in 2007...it would still be next gen. 32-bit graphics or not.

I just think George and Pizzaluvr need to open up a dictionary, or any book for that matter, a little more often.

vagrant said:
Buying a console just to see it on the hdtv, is a little lame. I mean at least say you bought a ps3 to see the blu-ray movies on it.

And I really really really don't like gears of war.

At some point I will need hd tv? Or should I buy a black and white 15"?
Whats wrong with buying a HD tv? technology moves on? its gonna be some day all tvs are HD.?

Mordecai102 said:
ps3 360 and wii are all next gen. you just cant compare the wii to the 360 and the ps3 because the wii was made and designed on a totally different thought process. Nintendo wanted to make the wii so it would bring in casual gamers, hardcore gamers, and non-gamers all the same. you cant say that your 75 year old grandma can enjoy a few rounds of GoW on multiplayer. the wii was totally designed to be a fun gaming system, bringing more of what really matters (fun factor, innovation, and great gameplay) and with still enough graphical power to look pretty. i think people are too harsh towards the wii and probably never played it in the first place. but as for the wii being next generation, you just cant say it isnt. if i started my own console company and came out with the Shitbox with 16-bit graphics in 2006, and then released the Shitbox2 with 32-bit graphics in 2007...it would still be next gen. 32-bit graphics or not.

I just think George and Pizzaluvr need to open up a dictionary, or any book for that matter, a little more often.

Omg an xbox fan posting non-ignorant **** on this forum? Rare sight in deed. And you are absolutely correct. If you want a ps3, then buy a ps3, if you want an xbox, buy an xbox, if you want a wii buy a wii. Comparing them is just retarded. And considering that Nintendo sold 600k units in 8 days, I think that pretty much speaks for itself. 600k units in the first 8 days aint bad for a console that "isn't second gen" no?

Mordecai102 said:
ps3 360 and wii are all next gen. you just cant compare the wii to the 360 and the ps3

xbox360 = Games console = thing i use to play computer games
PS3 = Games console = thing i use to play computer games
Wii = Games console = thing i use to play computer games

OMG I just compared them!? :crazy: :yikes:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
xbox360 = Games console = thing i use to play computer games
PS3 = Games console = thing i use to play computer games
Wii = Games console = thing i use to play computer games

OMG I just compared them!? :crazy: :yikes:

We will just pretend like you said "video games"

This thread is useless. I agree with the point you're trying to make, but you're just fueling flames. They're not going to listen to you. You haven't changed anyones minds.

Creating this thread is like strapping a bomb to your body, and asking a crowd of people which wire to cut.

Sorry ill have to disagree on this one, IT IS A NEXT GEN
Reason 1:
The next gen is now according to the slogan from xbox360, therefore the wii is next gen a/k.a this gen. and so is PS3 and xbox360 it is NOW
Reason 2:
Wii's motion sensing, a technology that is kind of expensive that is why wiimotes are so dam expensive.
Reason 3:
The wii is small, the technology is very well used, But remember in the old days where you'd find a huge machine that could just produce such a little...
Well the wii is small and can produce so big :)

Wii, PS3, and X360 are part of the 7th Generation which it started already, so for all the answers.. the Wii is the Next Gen no matter what. and plus u will see the Wii with some games with Sweet graphics, remember mostly the launch games dont use the system full capabilities till probably like later. Compare Super smash bros brawl To Super Smash Bros Melee, the graphics improve alot, mario looks more realistic than in melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back