Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunk Hunt did not use motion sensors. Know your facts.

You don't define Next-Gen. If someone is not better than his father, he's still next-gen. That's the definition of the word.

Personal attacks are not called for and not condoned here.

Last edited:
Now no one has to argue anymore.

Wow...who'd have thought people would get so heated over this whole 'generation' argument. :)

Anyhow, let the all knowing wisdom of Wikipedia allow us to just chill out.

XBOX360, PS3 and the Wii are all "next gen consoles." They're all new product releases following up from previous legacy products that feature more than cosmetic changes.

To put it into context, an industry that officially does "half gen" releases is automotive (cosmetic changes on essentially the same platform for more money.) :)

History of video game consoles (seventh generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Selected home game consoles

First generation
Magnavox Odyssey • Pong • Coleco Telstar

Early second generation
Channel F • Atari 2600 • Odyssey² • Intellivision

Later second generation
Atari 5200 • ColecoVision • Vectrex • SG-1000

Third generation (compare)
NES • Master System • Atari 7800

Fourth generation (compare)
TurboGrafx-16 • Mega Drive/Genesis • Neo Geo • SNES

Fifth generation (compare)
3DO • Jaguar • Saturn • PlayStation • N64

Sixth generation (compare)
Dreamcast • PlayStation 2 • GameCube • Xbox

Seventh generation (compare)
Xbox 360 • PlayStation 3 • Wii

Inspire said:
Dunk Hunt did not use motion sensors. Know your facts.

I know my facts kid. I was a light sensor which was the first signs of motion sensor. Later replaced by cameras that capture the light. DOnt jump in trying to look like a superman.

A light sensor may have led to a motion sensor, but it is not a motion sensor. Stop equivocating.

All I'm trying to do is keep this arguement clean and hold off on the personal attacks and logical fallacies.

If you call that superman, I need to go find my cape.

Last edited:
Lethal said:
Did you try to compare next videogames with a TV show? You are considered next after your father but does that make you better or improved? Crappy comparisons man.

I rest my case on this matter. Motion sensors have been out since NES. Its nothing new. Sure its fun but its not next gen by any means. All you Wii fanboys can cry and cry but it will never be next gen. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Its still a cool console though.

Why am I on Wiichat? I have a Wii maybe? Why is my avatar a Wii? Because ummmm uhhhhh I am a Wiichat member? I own my own construction company and I am obviously alot smarter than you lol. Go put some hinges on a door lmao! You make us carpenters sound dumb.

And using words like sunshine really doesnt help.

haha a construction company.

you're a tool.

Who gives a ****, all i know is that I'd rather play Wii than Xbox or PS3.

lol I love how you kids stick together like a big dorky gang. Inspire read my post before your dumb little acquisition of me make a personal attack. Pull the stick out your a$$ buddy. And Swiftay you would probably want to play with your Wii more than anybody here but thats your problem lol.

Psycle- Where did you read I a hate the Wii? Where do you kids come up with this stuff? Hate never came out of my mouth. Just facts buddy.

Lethal said:
Did you try to compare next videogames with a TV show? You are considered next after your father but does that make you better or improved? Crappy comparisons man.

I rest my case on this matter. Motion sensors have been out since NES. Its nothing new. Sure its fun but its not next gen by any means. All you Wii fanboys can cry and cry but it will never be next gen. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Its still a cool console though.

Why am I on Wiichat? I have a Wii maybe? Why is my avatar a Wii? Because ummmm uhhhhh I am a Wiichat member? I own my own construction company and I am obviously alot smarter than you lol. Go put some hinges on a door lmao! You make us carpenters sound dumb.

And using words like sunshine really doesnt help.

lol your smarter than me? what are you basing that on exactly, a few posts on a website forum... clearly not as smart as you thought you were are you SUNSHINE? im not a nintendo fan boy, i'll probably end up copping a 360 at some point cos there no denying it has some good exclusive games. if you own your own construction company your not a carpenter are you now? your more of a buisnessman wouldn't you agree lol? what i want to know is why some big shot construction company owner is doing posting messages on a forum at 4:30 on a friday afternoon? shouldn't you be working?

Lethal said:
lol I love how you kids stick together like a big dorky gang. Inspire read my post before your dumb little acquisition of me make a personal attack. Pull the stick out your a$$ buddy. And Swiftay you would probably want to play with your Wii more than anybody here but thats your problem lol.

Psycle- Where did you read I a hate the Wii? Where do you kids come up with this stuff? Hate never came out of my mouth. Just facts buddy.
I was actualy talking about the guy named george who posted on the first page of this thread.

all_eyez_on_me_88 said:
why some big shot construction company owner is doing posting messages on a forum at 4:30 on a friday afternoon? shouldn't you be working?

Ohhhh I dont know........Oh yes about 2ft of snow on the ground lol. And its 10:40am bud.

Lethal said:

Lethal said:
I own my own construction company and I am obviously alot smarter than you lol. Go put some hinges on a door lmao! You make us carpenters sound dumb.

Acquisition? Calm down and respond like an adult rather than getting all flustered over an online forum. Oh, and you did make a personal attack - I quoted it for you. If you meant 'Accusation' - I didn't accuse you. I simply stated what you did.

Don't you have a company to manage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back