Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonMcAuslan

Special Olympics Medalist
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Ok I'm sick of people saying the wii is not a next gen console. What are they basing this assumption on? "Its not got HD graphics"? WTF does that have anything to do with being the "next generation" of video game consoles.
Let me explain.
"Next Gen" means that it is the next generation of a video game console. i.e. If your dad has a kid - YOU are the next generation of your family. You are part of a generation - a group of people your age. Thats a generation.

When nintendo gamecube has a kid (the wii) It is the next generation of the nintendo family. It is part of a new generation of games consoles. So it is therefore nextgen.

To be honest this is the most basic way of defining next-gen. You could go on and say its to do with innovation and other such stuff. But next gen does not mean "better graphics".

its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah ****...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are ****...they look like PS2 for crying out loud

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Ok I'm sick of people saying the wii is not a next gen console. What are they basing this assumption on? "Its not got HD graphics"? WTF does that have anything to do with being the "next generation" of video game consoles.
Let me explain.
"Next Gen" means that it is the next generation of a video game console. i.e. If your dad has a kid - YOU are the next generation of your family. You are part of a generation - a group of people your age. Thats a generation.

When nintendo gamecube has a kid (the wii) It is the next generation of the nintendo family. It is part of a new generation of games consoles. So it is therefore nextgen.

To be honest this is the most basic way of defining next-gen. You could go on and say its to do with innovation and other such stuff. But next gen does not mean "better graphics".

Beware, the Halo nerds are on the prowl.

Dude did you read my post above? Did you read it? about what a generation is? a Generation? meaning it has sweet FA to do with graphics.
- The 360 is just an xbox with great graphics? so better graphics means next gen does it?

Someone help me out here? :mad2:

george:) said:
its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah ****...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are ****...they look like PS2 for crying out loud
That's because you are a graphics whore.

so 360 isn't next gen cause the pc has better graphics. And the ps3... :tard:

I couldn't agree with you more Brandon.

Next Gen does not mean better graphics. It may mean better graphics in many cases (PS2 to PS3, XBOX to XBOX360) but not in all. Next Gen simply means that is the next 'round' of consoles.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Dude did you read my post above? Did you read it? about what a generation is? a Generation? meaning it has sweet FA to do with graphics.
- The 360 is just an xbox with great graphics? so better graphics means next gen does it?

Someone help me out here? :mad2:

**** man....i wouldnt class the Wii even close to next gen. the 360 and PS3 are two much better consoles in gameplay and graphics..just because you can wave around a controller and aim a gun with it does not mean its next gen...its a nice addition to gaming..but not a big enough addition to call it next gen...

and the graphics are part of what makes a console next gen.

You people all hear the media going on about "next gen consoles" and make your own assumptions based on that has better graphics. (and as for better gameplay? get real its the same fricken games with better graphics"
Go get a dictionary - open it to the word 'next' - then to the word 'generation'. Spend some time thinking over these concepts. Then apply this logic to the concept of game systems.

Actually post your definitions of what is next gen here...

george:) said:
Just because you can wave around a controller and aim a gun with it does not mean its next gen...its a nice addition to gaming..but not a big enough addition to call it next gen.

Ummmm. What would be a "big enough addition" to gaming to classify it as Next Gen if the "waving around a controller and aiming a gun" isn't?

pizzaluvr said:
better graphics is part of being next gen, so is gameplay

ah **** man......i didnt know your on here......now agree with me man! you know the Wii isnt next gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back