wtf!!!Wii 2???!!

did you read past the first line? Game Cube beat sony last round agenst ps2... before that they beat ps1 with N64 its argued alot but true....
this is acctually the first time nintendo has "lost" graphics wise... usually they are the top dog or in the middle...

Sega is still around but the only make games not consoles

and your right it is all up to game Developers to show you what a system can do.. for nintendo this has been more of a short comming because they have alot of 1st and 2nd party exclusive games that are considered the "Hits" of nintendo.. and alot are more catoon like Mario,Zelda, even metroid is more colorful then the average shooter... Great games and great looking but hard to compare to other systems darker deeper colored games... people confuse this with less graphics power because it isnt as lifelike...

but sony and micrisoft dont have Developing teams like Nintendo or the long lasting 1st and 2nd party game franchises, besides a few such as Halo, they rely on 3rd party games to keep them in demand...

The 3rd party games normally go nuts on the games graphics to try to get someone to put it on there system... you cant just wake up and decide one day your going to make PS3/360 games... you have to convince that company to support your game in there format license it to them sign a contract ect. ect....

Thats why the graphics are always a big seller... but nintendo doesnt rely on 3rd party sales to stay afloat as much, they just get extra for it... so you dont see 3rd party nintendo developers competing with graphics...
but now with the Dominating share of the market that nintendo has, alot of the hott titles that hit 360/ps3 will also hit the wii for extra sales alone...

Last edited:
theres so much upgrading the wii could already do without a new console..

memory boost using sd cards and ready drive software..
dvd playback capability
bluetooth headset and chat functionality
plus more..

personally what I'd like to see nintendo release is a LAN server to let you play all the multiplayer games over a lan rather then through the internet. Wii lan parties would be nice!

I liked the second vid better...

Anyway I think we're all agreed, there will not really be a Wii 2...

Man you guys really believe that nintendo couldn't make a better system than the PS3? Really... I mean thats easy just take blue ray out and use that money to put a real 8800 in there with enough ram. Seriously, the Wii has 88 megs of ram if I remember correctly! If they can squeeze (points at 1st party games) that much out of 88 megs of ram when epic couldn't do it with 256 then I would hate to see what they could do with 512 of it! I mean really the only thing the Wii is really lacking is a easy way to do real normal mapping. I say easy because good normal maps do not fit into 88 negs of ram. I use the PC as an example because that is the true birth place of the current console tech since Power VR is no where to be found.

The whole normal mapping thing really hit japan hard it seems. No one over there was ready for it. Yet there is no epic or id over in japan either. I mean really it would be very easy for nintendo to throw a really nice full featured GPU in there along with the current Wii tech and just charge you more like the other guys. Also too this tech is falling in price really hard in the PC sector.

What is even funnier is I don't think this would even hurt the current market since most people who got a Wii didn't really need HD gaming. And if you really want that then the though of a New Wii with better tech to support current visions of so called hardcore gaming is a good thing! It's like having the GBA and the DS in the same market. I mean really when you think about it you could sell your Wii right now and buy a PS3 in most cases...LOL Why couldn't you do that to get a Wii 2?

Sorry if I ignored the fact that the first post was a little false yet I just wanted to ponder the what if. So really think about it lots of people think the Wii is part of another market and they treat it that way.

btg said:
theres so much upgrading the wii could already do without a new console..

memory boost using sd cards and ready drive software..
dvd playback capability
bluetooth headset and chat functionality
plus more..

personally what I'd like to see nintendo release is a LAN server to let you play all the multiplayer games over a lan rather then through the internet. Wii lan parties would be nice!

Really great post.
They could also just add a new remote to the mix. like a pro version of it that has 3 points of reference instead of two. Then they could just release new twist on the Wii mote tech as in the Same ways Mr. Lee did along with others that copy minority report interfaces. Adding calibration and tweaking software would be such a big upgrade that hardly any one could deny how good the system was.

Yet currently the HD systems are a lot like PC parts yet with less bang to them and more games. It's cool and all but I'm not that impressed as they could have pushed the limit a little more.

Even with the best studio and all the money you ever wanted to fund a game it could still be crap.
Thats why I like nintendo they take simple stuff and make it fun and complexed in a weird way.

We will have a new HD standard coming out soon also. If you didn't know you better read up on it!

Everyone relax. itll prolly be just a black wii that plays DVDs. Not an actual new system. people are so gullbile it blows my mind,.

no nintendo wii 2 ... what more can we want i mean i wouldnt like poor old Mario all glossy ... just for better graphixs... thats really the difference well to me ... i see ps3 and the 360 just a good excuse to make everthing shiney and glossy but... you know ... just wanted to add my taught into this

Gamer420 said:
I came to a conclusion they wont release a ''Wii2''
first of all its way to early nobody would buy it
second wii 2? I doubt they would call it that
third there has not be no news on it or nothing i call BS too
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3
It can happen. Microsoft just added a number to their new console as well.
X-Box - X-Box 360

Not imposible, but this add is bogus regerdless.

I don't believe it. That would be a very poor financial move on Nintendo's part. Yes, many of the more serious gamers would rush out to buy the new system, but the hoards of people that are currently still killing each other to get one would likely not be as easily won-over.

I've also been hearing this rumour come up more and more. I'm still about 50/50 on whether to believe it or not, but I would probably buy one if they did release a Wii with more processing power.

FRuMMaGe said:
It was believable up to HERE:

Of course it will be better graphics, wii2 would be a next gen console compared to the 360 and ps3.

No, No F'n way. I just got my Wii back in July and there alread working on a new one. It would be a poor move though I can't imange it selling becuase theres already a Wii in every second household so Who would buy the second. We need more proff and preferably in English =P L8er

ok

1 if it was true it would have bean at the ces

2 nintend isint so stupid thay would cram a 2 at the end of every thing thay make there will never be a nintendo ds light 2 or the wii 2 nintendo never did this to any of there game systems why do u think thay will do it now?

3 nintendo doesint care about graffics!

4 nintendo will come out with a new system but not that quickly

5 each of there game systems have a hidden meaning in the name thats another hint to why thay will never put a 2 at the end inless if theres a meaning too

wii = We, like us the wii was made to get more people gameing in a group

nintendo ds = two meanings Dual Screen and Developers' System

i could do all but u get the idea

Back