wtf!!!Wii 2???!!

Its not going to happen... it has happened and failed every time and never will happen again...

examples:

SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive 32X cartridge, and sega mega CD 32x...
Before Sega saturn was established... both of these barely sold enough to be worth the investment... even considered a loss because of lack of sales
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_32X What a mess that was

N64 DD
Another Disk drive Add on... Failed never left japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64DD

There are countless other stories of Adding on to a console to try to improve it none succeed, because no one will replace or update a game console after they have already purchased it...

And nintendo will not be as stupid as to try something like that again, they will wait the normall 5 years or more before releasing any type of "new system"

they might come out with various colors and minor updates like DVD playback,memory expansions,ect.. but it will be something that previous models can also obtaine with an update of software... and memory expansion will only be market at the few that acctually will need it because of large game collections...

Just Because you want something to happen doesnt mean its going too... in any language... its a buisness, and the gaming buisness has been around long enough that most the major mistakes have been made and not alot of companies are dumb enough to attempt them a second time, especially a veteran like Nintendo...

so keep dreaming but you wont see anything Crazy "except for hopefully better game designs" untill the Next Gen system comes out... they have yet to tap the Wii's capabilities they have no reason to change it.

Demand better Games not a Better system...

wezeles said:
Its not going to happen... it has happened and failed every time and never will happen again...

examples:

Before Sega saturn was established... both of these barely sold enough to be worth the investment... even considered a loss because of lack of sales

N64 DD

There are countless other stories of Adding on to a console to try to improve it none succeed, because no one will replace or update a game console after they have already purchased it...

And nintendo will not be as stupid as to try something like that again, they will wait the normall 5 years or more before releasing any type of "new system"

they might come out with various colors and minor updates like DVD playback,memory expansions,ect.. but it will be something that previous models can also obtaine with an update of software... and memory expansion will only be market at the few that acctually will need it because of large game collections...

Just Because you want something to happen doesnt mean its going too... in any language... its a buisness, and the gaming buisness has been around long enough that most the major mistakes have been made and not alot of companies are dumb enough to attempt them a second time, especially a veteran like Nintendo...

so keep dreaming but you wont see anything Crazy "except for hopefully better game designs" untill the Next Gen system comes out... they have yet to tap the Wii's capabilities they have no reason to change it.

agreed. But 32x was damn fun!!!!:yesnod:

kyle

Yeah no Wii 2 ,yet a pro wii mote would be sweet with a better sensor bar set up ! Or maybe some thing close to all these grad student vids I'm seeing pop up. I think nintendo is just waiting for these guys to get out of school before they drop the real peripherals on us!

I wouldn't mind a new system that lets me play all of my old Wii games as it would sort of be like the PS2 and the PS3 except quicker and maybe with better backwards compatibility. The PS2 still out sells the PS3 and gamers are cheap. A new system would not hurt the Wii at all because of the buying habits of the majority of gamers. It would just create a true hardcore market for a nintendo platform. I would think a system like this would happen in the next 3 years and actually co exist with the Wii.

Seriously the Wii was an exercise in getting the world ready for the next step what ever that is. Even sony got shot in the foot with the cell design because they ignored what nvidia and ATI could really do.

Also too if this did not happen then it wouldn't be a bad thing either because seriously it is not needed. The high end market is terribly saturated for it to be the smaller market.

smyth said:
agreed. But 32x was damn fun!!!!:yesnod:

kyle

They are always Fun and awsome... they just never work out... ha ha

its the Hardcore Gamers idea of cool incarnate... problem is hardcore gamers arnt enought to pay the bills...

wezeles said:

examples:

N64 DD

I don't think the original poster wanted this. They posted about why this would be bad. Yet you are right many people would want this yet I still feel the so called hardcore would not be happy with nintendo any way. Nintendo would have to make a COD4 killer for them to respect nintendo...LOL Or a halo killer...LOL

unfoutunately this is true , (yeah im back), i posted earlier in the year saying my dad was put his product in the works with the next wii but you guys didnt believe me
splashpower is the companies name

in touch with the wii said:
unfoutunately this is true , (yeah im back), i posted earlier in the year saying my dad was put his product in the works with the next wii but you guys didnt believe me
splashpower is the companies name

i'm assuming your dad works for the company, not owns it... correct?

vice president

i'll assume you have quite a bit of money, or he does at least then. Don't you have better things to do than post on Wiichat? :lol:
Kidding.

i've heard of that company, they make... i'm trying to find the words to explain it... i guess for lack of a better term a "universal charging system"?
or am i thinking of something else?

i did go to other forums but i got bored. yea universal wireless charging ive got one in my house just now actually

it is a very clever product.

not sure if you can answer or not, but what would the be developing for Wii? only thing i can think of(assuming they stay with their current product line) would be a wiimote charger. however unless it was just an attachment to the current universal chargers it would seem to defeat the purpose since if it was one for the wiimotes it woudn't be, you know... universal.

Kyle

kyle

Last edited:
yep to work into the controllers no more need for recharagable batteries , i think you can charge them on the console if they incorperate the pad built into the next gen console in 2010 i think thats what they said to my dad, soz not for wii, it might be a wii lite tho maybe...... probally not

Last edited:
yep to work into the controllers no more need for recharagable batteries , i think you can charge them on the console if they incorperate the pad built into the wi

interesting so it would be like one of the current charging stands but integrated into the wii itself?

kyle

intergrated into it thats what they are thinking

that would be cool to see. they could develop it as a case mod though for the current Wii instead of waitng for the new one, which seemingly is a ways away.

Back