Your Views on Proper Grammar?

Frogger said:
It was quite confusing...

It could be paragraphed or spread out more, yes, but I found it ok...

Brawny said:
HA! Hardly! You just love being antagonistic, don't you?

No, I prefer the protagonist role. I'm more Cloud than Sepieroth:wink:

I read it perfectly, i thought you guys just got angry for (hardly) no reason, but you seriously had to read that 3 times? I'm sorry but i just do not believe that.

I also don't see how it was quite confusing, yes it would have been a LITTLE easier to read if he used proper grammar, but you guys should have been able to read that just fine.

mushroomedmario said:
I read it perfectly, i thought you guys just got angry for (hardly) no reason, but you seriously had to read that 3 times? I'm sorry but i just do not believe that.

I also don't see how it was quite confusing, yes it would have been a LITTLE easier to read if he used proper grammar, but you guys should have been able to read that just fine.

Don't worry. He read it just fine, he is just trying to stress his point of better grammar is more easy and a better person.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Don't worry. He read it just fine, he is just trying to stress his point of better grammar is more easy and a better person.

I really didn't understand it...

toomstone said:
please don't correct my grammar as i couldn't really give a toss if you like it or not but if you THAT much time on your hands you should take up a new hobby?
if you have read my post and understood it the first time around do tell me I'm interested in how much people have respect for people who arnt as skilled as them are... i have respect for everyone even if their skills arnt up to par
I understood your whole post apart from the sentence in bold, you should have put a have in front of THAT.

sremick said:
Ok, take two examples:

1) Can you understand Example B?
2) Which would you rather read?

1~Yes, I can. If you are an experienced 1337 $p3@k3r like me it is easy to understand what rtards are saying. There is a difference between rtard and 1337, but they are similar in many ways, thats why its easy to understand.

2~The first one, because when someone or something is serious I prefer they speak in English and not rtard or 1337.

Maybe if you were transcribing your thoughts.

honestly if you think that highly enough that you can't read a post because it doesn't have a ' you need to slow your life down and take some time out to realize that their are some people in life that arnt as good as you but their opinion has just as much meaning as yours does..

Could someone please tell me what this means? I still do not fully comprehend it.

Reading bad grammar is easier than using perfect grammar.

This thread is way over-exaggerating bad grammar, it's not like people say "ZOMG HI HOW R U." They might say "hi how r u." Now if you really can't replace 'r' and 'u' with 'are' and 'you' then i seriously think you're not as smart as the people writing the bad grammar.

Brawny said:
Can you count out one hundred pennies? Would you prefer I gave you a dollar?

Yes, i would perfer you give me a dollar(well 100 pennies is a dollar, i'm going to assume you met a dollar bill, or in my case a loonie), but i would be satisfied with 100 pennies, i (unlike you) will have the ability to put those pennies into coin rolls. It's not that hard of a task.

Brawny said:
Maybe if you were transcribing your thoughts.

Could someone please tell me what this means? I still do not fully comprehend it.
I'll give it a go.

honestly if you think that highly enough that you can't read a post because it doesn't have a ' you need to slow your life down and take some time out to realize that their are some people in life that arnt as good as you but their opinion has just as much meaning as yours does..

=

Honestly, if you can't read someone's post because they're missing punctuation, you need to slow down and get a grip on reality. There are some people in life that aren't as literate as you, but their opinions expressed in writing are just as relevant as yours.

Back