Your Views on Proper Grammar?

That paragraph is a perfect example where a simple comma would have made it so I didn't have to read it three times over.

I said indicator. Obviously stupid people can have good grammar, and smart people can have bad grammar.

Choosing a partner can be based on many things: looks, cars, money. Some choose intelligence, and it doesn't make them any more or less shallow.

Taking the money example. If you're looking for money, you spot a guy with a nice watch. If you're looking for intelligence, you spot the guy with good grammar.

I have excellent grammar in three deliciously complex languages. Do I get a prize?

Celeste said:
I have excellent grammar in three deliciously complex languages. Do I get a prize?

Emma's undying gratitude?

LevesqueIsKing said:
My undying gratitude?
Definitely more satisfying, but I wanted a cookie or something :\

Last edited:
Oh god, this thread got really sad while I was gone.

Now getting girlfriends have come into the whole discussion about grammar o_O Brawny we all know you can spell, and you don't like it when people don't, oh and your internet girlfriend can spell too and she also doesn't like it when people don't spell things right either. Also waw, your STILL bringing your relationship into every single thing you can.. yes you're clever, yes your besotted with her. Everybody knows this now, yes?

I think everyone should at least try to use proper language, so it's understandable to everyone reading it. I'm against that "text chat" typing, as I've never used it.:aureola:

When I talk I don't really use proper grammar or speak in proper sentences or anything, but when I talk online I use much more proper language that I normally do so people can understand my posts easier.

I don't mind when people use improper grammar as long as I still understand what they are saying. I also find grammar nazis really annoying when they point out minor mistakes that make no difference to one's understanding of said post.

Last edited:
Back