Your Views on Proper Grammar?

-Tacos, you are a brave human being.
-I like note forms, then I only have to worry about spell check.
-I like High School
-YAAAAAAAAY!
-I like sentences without chatspeak.
-Run-ons are tolerable
-leet is fun sometimes
-lol is my only chatspeak word, if it hasn't been it is now.

Frogger said:
Uhm, that was just something that was annoying me, I didn't have a problem with it... Jack brought it up, I was just agreeing with him.

That time my 'beef' was with Drmario but you still got involved and wasted a post on it. Hell at least you posted things in that topic like questions but Jack...all he does is correct people and post pictures.

I don't correct people

Lets have a little rethink.

Cpt.McCloud said:
That time my 'beef' was with Drmario but you still got involved and wasted a post on it. Hell at least you posted things in that topic like questions but Jack...all he does is correct people and post pictures.

Lets have a little rethink.

Don't twist what I say.

Jack is brilliant! He can be stuck up all he likes because he actually has bought himself a title.

Frogger said:
Don't twist what I say.

Jack is brilliant! He can be stuck up all he likes because he actually has bought himself a title.

Twist? I only quoted.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Twist? I only quoted.

I would like people to use their/they're/there correctly, I don't point it out so much because no one can seem to grasp it.

I love how you think I correct everyone when my sister is incredibly dyslexic.

Frogger said:
I would like people to use their/they're/there correctly, I don't point it out so much because no one can seem to grasp it.

But you have pointed out grammar, I have before to LiK I'm not denying it.

I love how you think I correct everyone when my sister is incredibly dyslexic.

"How am I related to her?" I believe I've heard comments along those lines.

Cpt.McCloud said:
But you have pointed out grammar, I have before to LiK I'm not denying it.

"How am I related to her?" I believe I've heard comments along those lines.

Yes, I have! I think me and Tyler both have had our share of grammar jokes, but I can't fish them up right now... Yeah, I said me and Tyler, oh boo hoo.

My sister gets my sense of humour, she has a reason beyond ignorance for her spelling mistakes... And she tries to write properly, I have to give her points for that. If I knew her online, even though we're stupidly alike I would not speak to her because of her bad spelling, timing and whatnot, they affect conversation.

...And that's just how I choose people to talk to online.

Frogger said:
Yes, I have! I think me and Tyler both have had our share of grammar jokes, but I can't fish them up right now... Yeah, I said me and Tyler, oh boo hoo.

OH MY GAWD, BAD GRAMMAR, YOU UTTER PHAILURE:rolleyes:

My sister gets my sense of humour, she has a reason beyond ignorance for her spelling mistakes... And she tries to write properly, I have to give her points for that. If I knew her online, even though we're stupidly alike I would not speak to her because of her bad spelling, timing and whatnot, they affect conversation.

I know it is a joke but you still say it. That was my point. Just like I was saying you correct people then you denied.

...And that's just how I choose people to talk to online.

But on the forums...:O

In my opinion, going out of your way to correct someone who doesn't care all that much is flat out annoying, and i(yes i)'d rather people be lazy then annoying

Also, it's just spam if your posting about nothing but a simple grammar mistake.
DRMARIO said:
And I post more than that, I just don't go through all the wii sections as much, they don't really interest me a lot.

tsk tsk lol

Thanks Celeste. I am on Wiichat often, I just don't always post. I guess it is more entertaining to add input.

DRMARIO said:
Correct people and post pictures?
Interesting.

touché

Yes, I post photographs when relevant.
I do correct grammar, but that's pretty rare. There's MANY a time I could have corrected people, but have I? I'll save you a job and answer that for you.

But you do it on occasion.

I do judge people on their grammar, especially over the internet. Ppl hu constntly mis out vowels, or shortn wurds, or jus replayce leterz cuz dey swnd cool, Piss me off.
Good grief, that must be the worst attempt at writing in slang...ever.

Shame, you're missing out on meeting some great people.

I think lack of grammar shows laziness. You can put in a tiny bit more effort, and write in complete grammar. I do it, and it doesn't take long at all. I also think it's worth it, people take you seriously when you use grammar.

Sure it shows laziness but some people like to take things easy on the 'net.

There's a lot of things I'd like to say right now about a certain someone, but, in this case, I don't think I'll say anything.

:wink: Aww Shucks.

ARav989 said:
I'm sure that this thread has been made in the past but hey, what's the problem with a little revival? :lol:

I was reading the last couple of pages in the "Ask Anyone Anything Thread" and got to thinking...What are your views on proper grammar?

There are obvious Grammar Nazis around this site such as Brawny and AndThen?, although, what about the rest of ya?

Discuss!

My views are that personally, I feel I should use grammar as best as I can and that it would be better if more people can as well...Although, every once in awhile a little txt tlk isn't so bad as long as it's not overdone. If it gets out of hand, then I'll say something.

Let's not make an argument out of this.

ITS not called grammer. were not talking, were just typing. if you can understand what they typed then there shouldnt even be a discussion about it. regardless of that, you shouldn't put something like " you need to work on your grammer". cause all that is is just spam and not even neccesary to ANY topic.
were losing are language with ur jk and stuff like that

KHgamer said:
ITS not called grammer. were not talking, were just typing. if you can understand what they typed then there shouldnt even be a discussion about. regardless of that, you shouldn't put something like " you need to work on your grammer". cause all that is is just spam and not even neccesary to ANY topic.

*Smacks self in forehead*

KHgamer said:
ITS not called grammer. were not talking, were just typing. if you can understand what they typed then there shouldnt even be a discussion about it. regardless of that, you shouldn't put something like " you need to work on your grammer". cause all that is is just spam and not even neccesary to ANY topic.
were losing are language with ur jk and stuff like that
Thank you for proving our point. :lol:

You've now motivated me to crusade even harder. Cheers!

Back