#1 problem with Wii

All of you need to drop the "Next Generation" crap. Be specific and say 6th or 7th generation

jbach42: If you look into the hardware of the Wii you would know it is NOT "next gen". The people working to get unsigned code running on the Wii verify this every day. Its almost laughable how the Wii is nearly identical to the GC. The Wii should be in the same category as the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox considering its features.

again, it is next gen purely by the fact that it is the next generation from it's manufacturer (which is really what next gen means) xbox, ps2, Gamecube, were last Generation, PSZ (or Playstation) Saturn and Dreamcast,and Nintendo 64 were the gen before that etc..)

Not a Nintendo Fan as such, I sell em all lol (just most customers I talk to like the Wii, even if it's a second system, to go along with the 360 or PS3)

what i'd like to see Nintendo do, is give the option to use the classic controller for games, if you prefer

I know the Wii is mostly "off the shelf" parts, it's how nintendo used them that is it's strength (another reason it is less expensive)

I think everyone needs to stop having a whinge, yes the wii has it flaws, But so does every other electronical thing in this world. Nothing is perfect. If you dont like the flaws on the Wii/Nintendo then quite your whinging and go buy a PS3 or 360.

jbach42 said:
again, it is next gen purely by the fact that it is the next generation from it's manufacturer (which is really what next gen means) xbox, ps2, Gamecube, were last Generation, PSZ (or Playstation) Saturn and Dreamcast,and Nintendo 64 were the gen before that etc..)

You do not dictate reality. This page is slightly inacurate but shows the error in your logic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_consoles#Sixth_generation

Right now you can buy a television which includes the ability to run 8 bit games including NES. Is it next gen just because it was released this year? How about the Ben Heck emulator console that comes out soon? Is it also next gen?

jbach42 said:

Not a Nintendo Fan as such, I sell em all lol (just most customers I talk to like the Wii, even if it's a second system, to go along with the 360 or PS3)

what i'd like to see Nintendo do, is give the option to use the classic controller for games, if you prefer

I know the Wii is mostly "off the shelf" parts, it's how nintendo used them that is it's strength (another reason it is less expensive)
I know it's true. There are many good example of to this.

ciper said:
You do not dictate reality. This page is slightly inacurate but shows the error in your logic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_consoles#Sixth_generation

Right now you can buy a television which includes the ability to run 8 bit games including NES. Is it next gen just because it was released this year? How about the Ben Heck emulator console that comes out soon? Is it also next gen?
lol nope, those would be first gen, from that manufacturer

besides, not that I'd use Wiki as my definitive source, but where does it really disagree with what I said (only real difference I see is they broke it down from the very begining, I was only going back a few generations, they *do* show the Wii in the 7th (I think) generation together with the PS3 and 360 however)

i would say the straps , but u just have to be careful. other than that its the ONLINE...this is how i feel look at the faces!!!:mad2: :mad5: :mad: :cryin: :confused: :nonod:

Back