#1 problem with Wii

Nemix said:
Peripheral Compatibilty.

-Classic Controller can't be used with Gamecube games, Wii system memory can't used to save Gamecube games, SD Card can't be used to save games, Wii remote can't be used to reset or access system menu in Gamecube mode, normal USB keyboards and ethernet adapters can'y be used...

A solution for one of those issues (which I agree is pretty farking dumb on Nintendos part)
http://uncledim.narod.ru/wcc2gcen.html

Monsteroids said:
Hey YOU!! MK ARMAGEDDON is gonna be cool! Metroid is dated for September 20 for y'all Europeans August 27 for North America and unlisted for Japan
HELL YA!!!!!
Lookie:

metroid-prime-3-corruption-20070522103842446.jpg

metroid_5.jpg

HELL YEAH!!!!

oh don't forget the image loses the real quality of the graphics on the computer.
what are you talking about:wtf:
they're calling screenshots, they capture the game in its full play, with no graphic sacrafice at all, unless its not really bad screenshot
which in that screenshot, its just shitty quality (aka horrible capture device)

callme.nasty said:
hm.. could've just said second. never heard anyone use that phrase before.

No offence, but I'm sure everything you don't know could fill a football stadium. :smilewinkgrin:

Nfanboy said:
There really isn't a problem with Wii, except that Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario arn't out yet!

And stop complaining about if there's no online play, and why should you care that there isn't the best hard drive! WHO CARES! NOT ME!

And Wii has the best fetures unlike stupid 360 and demonic PS3

urn just re-read what you've written, then tell me you don't sound like a moronic 10 year old, also why did you start randomly going on about hard drives?

no.1 problem is rubbish games (zelda's the only one ive seen worth playing so far)

I'm sick of this. The wii is something to complain about but the truth is EVERY gaming system out there has flaws, its a matter of opinion what system the buyer wants to get. as for castlevania, i love the orginal for nes.
same with Zelda, sure other systems have better, spiffy graphics, but the graphics shouldn't make the game, the game is all about fun. For the wii online WHO CARES if there no line games but there internet games for wii, to me thats good enuff. Of course Mortal Kombat is great, bloody as all hell. great fighting, all around good games. The wii is a good system, all matters on the buyer what system he or she wants. For me i am and will be a nintendo fan, loved the castlevania, zelda, mario, mega man games. WHO cares about if the wii don't have spiffy updated graphics like the PS3 and xbox or Xbox live. The dreamcast was a good system, intelision is good in the 80's, sega genesis was alright, snes was cool same with nes. so who cares about graphics, online and not enuff vc games. Lets enjoy what we have, we only live once.

castlezelda said:
I'm sick of this. The wii is something to complain about but the truth is EVERY gaming system out there has flaws, its a matter of opinion what system the buyer wants to get. as for castlevania, i love the orginal for nes.
same with Zelda, sure other systems have better, spiffy graphics, but the graphics shouldn't make the game, the game is all about fun. For the wii online WHO CARES if there no line games but there internet games for wii, to me thats good enuff. Of course Mortal Kombat is great, bloody as all hell. great fighting, all around good games. The wii is a good system, all matters on the buyer what system he or she wants. For me i am and will be a nintendo fan, loved the castlevania, zelda, mario, mega man games. WHO cares about if the wii don't have spiffy updated graphics like the PS3 and xbox or Xbox live. The dreamcast was a good system, intelision is good in the 80's, sega genesis was alright, snes was cool same with nes. so who cares about graphics, online and not enuff vc games. Lets enjoy what we have, we only live once.

I don't really understand, you point out that the wii has its flaws like every other system, but then go on as if its a bad idea to make a thread discussing its flaws?

Much like the DS, it's the slow starting. Nintendo's current problem is just that they aren't moving fast enough.

Console is late coming out.
Games are late coming out.
Flagship titles are held back, rather than being ready at launch. We got Zelda with the Wii launch, but only because they had been working on it for the GC before that.
Online play slow in coming. If they could just get a couple good online games out it would help. Picture Metroid Prime Hunters, only on the Wii. Or, you know, Quake/Counterstrike/Etc. You know, an online FPS. It would finally shut up the people saying the Wii has no grown up games.

since when were better-than-X-BOX graphics considered weak or bad? that means that until the PS3 and 360, graphics in games were weak and choppy all along, and NOW we are starting to get good graphics in this world.

Wii Ron said:
Lack of mature games.

What exactly constitutes a mature game?

Why don't Red Steel, The Godfather: Blackhand edition (R:mature), Mortal Kombat Armaggedon (R:mature), Medal of Honor Vangaurd, and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII count?

At the end of the month, after Resident Evil 4, Scarface, and Driver Parellel Lines have come out, will this complaint end?

Or will it continue forever, no mater how many violent, gory, sex filled games are released for the Wii, simply because they also make fun games that are accessible to people other than high schoolers, college students, and people who list their WoW guild mates whom they have never met in real life as their closest friends or as references on their resume?

PLEASE NOTE, I am not attacking you Wii Ron personally, I just quoted you because you happened to be the person saying it at the moment.

I just get a bit fed up with the online community who dismiss the Wii out of hand because it doesn't have games where you disembowel prostitutes with a chain saw. Well, until July 9th when Manhunt 2 comes out. You may get to do it then.

Edit: I still maintain that the gameplay graphics on the PS3 are no better than the gameplay graphics on the PS2, and inferior to the Wii. YES, the FMV is better, but so what? If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie.

Last edited:
the wii has flaws yes but every system has flaws somehow. It a matter of what system the buyer wants.

mosx said:
Yea paintballer is completely right. I know Nintendo is a perfection company, but seriously, I am tired of waiting!!!

they got a couple good titles coming out July August

MP3
Tiger woods 08
Manhunt 2
Mortal Kombat (already out)
then later in the year
Mario
Nights into dreams

If I get bored with my Wii I will just play WoW or buy anther game. This is why I waited to get itI don't have long to wait

Just so you now it doesn't matter if someone sounds like a ten year old because a ten year old can sound like a 40 year old scientist on a forum. Also nothing discredits you faster than making fun of other people.

Anyways my problem is that my wii stopped working properly and decided to start to scratch my game discs On the SIDE. :wtf:

PS. The only way people are going to listen to ehat you have to say is if you have an unbiased opinion Instead of NINTENDO rules and everyone else sucks or Nintendo should suck balls.

Enzo said:
I am new to this forum and just picked up my wii twi days ago but i always have plenty to say :ihih:
I also own a 360. and a few older obsolete consoles.

Problems with the wii.....
Sensor bar range is too small. It should scan at least ten-twelve feet vertically and horizontally. . Nothing worse then playing tennis, and the sensor doesnt pick up your movement as your swinging for the match point.

Lack of online games is a bit ridiculous to me. If you dont want to be a "power house" but instead be innovative and all about the fun expierience, how can you do this without online play. Its the most revolutionary thing to happen to gaming since the 3D graphic engines were created. Its unforgivable imo.

Lack of support for basic home entertainment technology. (HD, Dolby 5.1) This covers the graphice argument. You shouldnt be in 2007 with 2001 graphics. Ps2 can easily mathc th graphics. Saying that Nintendo chose to have crappy graphics doesnt make it all better. A homeless person saying that he chose to be a bum doesnt put him on the same level with bill gates on the sucess later just because it was his "choice" to do less with his life. IMO, its a cop out. Someone high up in the nintendo chain sat in a meeting punch numbers of the cost required to match sony and microsoft and decided that they dont want to put out that kind of case. Instead they will pull a fast one and make a new system with a (undoubtly) innovative controller and call it "next gen".

So yes the gameplay is fun (smooth moves, wii sports, wii play, what i own so far) but the #1 problem is that it is not a "next gen" console. This is the number one problem because then everything trickles down from this; no online, out-dated graphics, no hd support and not even 5.1. And again because of this they cant get third-party developers interested enough to create a killer app for their system.

Nintendo will still stay afloat though, due to their low price and first-party franchise games.
HD graphics are not the ONLY requirement for "next Gen", th Wii *is* next gen, because, quite simply, it is the next gen from nintendo (which is REALLY what Next Gen means, someone got the bright idea to say that next gen means 720 or 1080 P HD output) it's about taking the next step, be it graphics, audio, input, but not all the above necessarlythe xbox 360 has a old gen controller, the ps3 has an old gen controller, with 'borrowed' ideas slapped on lol, so I guess since it's not a total innovation, it's not next gen either lol (sarcasm intended)

All 3 new systems ARE Next Gen, just taking it from different points of view, Nintendo chose to go with a less expensive system, to appeal to more users, everybody, not just the "hard core" (another term that is WAY misused) users (that in and of itself is a major innovation)
and it seems the buying public agree, since the Wii seems to outsell the PS3 and Xbox 360

my internet dosn't work, which angers me, i got a fast connect and good comp and what not, but every error i get basicallly says the same thing "make sure to disable firewalls and make sure you are connected to the internet"
i got three differnet erros and looked them all onlin eand they all said the same damn thing! i just want interwebness....

Back