#1 problem with Wii

Gripes:

1) Game Cube Memory cant be put onto the SD card...
2) Purcase game at friends house, slap-a-jamma on SD card, Come home, put on own wii... no workie..
3) 4-8-0-p.... lets aim higher...
4) Everyone Votes takes WAY TOO ****ING LONG... Lets shorten it to a DAY... MAX..
(my roomate..)--- it dosent look like a tower... and you cant change the face plate...the controler dosent look liek a boomerang.. and .. and... there's no 20 gig hard drive... and they're not coming out with a Black one at the end of april with a 120 gig hard drive... And its not green... i ****ing LOVE green... and Gamestop dosent sell Wii skins for some reason... It dosent Cost 600 dollars.. i want it to cost 600 dollars so it can extentuate my man hood... No blu-ray... no dvd player... wtf... NO DVD PLAYER!? DVD players are so cheep now adays i got one free with a 20 dollar box of Tide detergent the other day....no 8 cell graphics processing... ----

No games actually making it a must buy from launch.Except for Zelda but it was a real dissapointment for me I expected it to be better....

I am new to this forum and just picked up my wii twi days ago but i always have plenty to say :ihih:
I also own a 360. and a few older obsolete consoles.

Problems with the wii.....
Sensor bar range is too small. It should scan at least ten-twelve feet vertically and horizontally. . Nothing worse then playing tennis, and the sensor doesnt pick up your movement as your swinging for the match point.

Lack of online games is a bit ridiculous to me. If you dont want to be a "power house" but instead be innovative and all about the fun expierience, how can you do this without online play. Its the most revolutionary thing to happen to gaming since the 3D graphic engines were created. Its unforgivable imo.

Lack of support for basic home entertainment technology. (HD, Dolby 5.1) This covers the graphice argument. You shouldnt be in 2007 with 2001 graphics. Ps2 can easily mathc th graphics. Saying that Nintendo chose to have crappy graphics doesnt make it all better. A homeless person saying that he chose to be a bum doesnt put him on the same level with bill gates on the sucess later just because it was his "choice" to do less with his life. IMO, its a cop out. Someone high up in the nintendo chain sat in a meeting punch numbers of the cost required to match sony and microsoft and decided that they dont want to put out that kind of case. Instead they will pull a fast one and make a new system with a (undoubtly) innovative controller and call it "next gen".

So yes the gameplay is fun (smooth moves, wii sports, wii play, what i own so far) but the #1 problem is that it is not a "next gen" console. This is the number one problem because then everything trickles down from this; no online, out-dated graphics, no hd support and not even 5.1. And again because of this they cant get third-party developers interested enough to create a killer app for their system.

Nintendo will still stay afloat though, due to their low price and first-party franchise games.

demonflair said:
What I call a problem in Wii is the difficult connection with an access point. It requires a compatible router, wireless router configurations, and there are to many errors when we try to connect the Wii to the Internet ( by the wireless router). That's what I call a problem. And I want to have Internet in my Wii.

MMm hmm, i second that. what makes the above worse is that there is no ethernet port. It would be an issue then because i would just move my 360 cable over to my wii and problem would be solved.

Enzo said:
Sensor bar range is too small. It should scan at least ten-twelve feet vertically and horizontally. . Nothing worse then playing tennis, and the sensor doesnt pick up your movement as your swinging for the match point.
I agree with most of what you said except this. The sensor bar isn't even used in tennis. It uses the accelerometers in the Wiimote. The sensor bar is only used for pointing and it doesn't scan anything, all it does is send out infrared waves.

paintba||er said:

I agree with most of what you said except this. The sensor bar isn't even used in tennis. It uses the accelerometers in the Wiimote. The sensor bar is only used for pointing and it doesn't scan anything, all it does is send out infrared waves.

woa, woa, woa.......really?:tard:
I guess something else most not have registered.
well....what your saying makes sense.
The sensor still does have hic-up when playing smooth moves. like when you playing the blocks game and have to move left and right sometime if you get out of the (wave?) range you wont be able to move to catch the blocks. then when you get back in the range at a different location it will make the on-screen hand gerk, and everything falls.
still a problem, but it was a bad original example.
Thanks Paint.

Enzo said:
woa, woa, woa.......really?:tard:
I guess something else most not have registered.
well....what your saying makes sense.
The sensor still does have hic-up when playing smooth moves. like when you playing the blocks game and have to move left and right sometime if you get out of the (wave?) range you wont be able to move to catch the blocks. then when you get back in the range at a different location it will make the on-screen hand gerk, and everything falls.
still a problem, but it was a bad original example.
Thanks Paint.

i see what you're saying but i'm pretty sure that's the game developers not the sensor bar. like in zelda i always have to shake the remote to recenter the aimer, but in something like wii play's shooting range the aimer is always fine.

Friend Codes, never liked them never will to many numbers to remeber

None. Lack of titles is the only problem for me!!!

Back