100% theory

trollface

WiiChat Member
Apr 5, 2011
co
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Ive had this theory for a while but I believe I just confirmed it. The theory is that until you gain all the proficiencies for a new weapon your accuracy is poor and ADS snap barely works.

I just unlocked and maxed proficiency with the Strata yesterday. Over the course of using it I noticed that I could not target very far using ADS until I had gained all the proficiencies. I tested this in the boat room by shooting at the other team by the outdoor stairs using the boat as cover. Before I finished the proficiency I could not target them but as soon as I finished all the proficiencies I could easily target from this position. Hip fire also seems much harder until you're maxed too.

If you don't believe me try this. First play a match using the Stauger with laser using an account with full Stauger proficiencies. Next play a match under a brand new account using the preset "Close Quarters" loadout which has a Stauger with laser. You should notice a huge difference.

All I've ever noticed is that sometimes the ADS snap works and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't work my connection is a bit slow - I know this because I kill people and they shoot me after they are dead and falling to the ground. When the connection is normal speed the ADS works great and I don't die as much.

Oh, technically speaking - it's not 100% theory. It's 100% hypothesis. Come on man, know your scientific terms!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this because I kill people and they shoot me after they are dead and falling to the ground. When the connection is normal speed the ADS works great and I don't die as much.

I've killed people, listened to their dead corpse hit the ground and as I turn around to run off to seek my next victim the guy I just killed someone how killed me as well.

Very annoying.

Oh, technically speaking - it's not 100% theory. It's 100% hypothesis. Come on man, know your scientific terms!

Haha Do I look like a GD scientist? Technically speaking this thread shouldn't even exist in your space time... WTF man, stay out of my dimension!:wink:

That's true but how long has it been since you had a brand new weapon? Arent you 56

The control was the distance. "Boatroom" in Docks standing behind the boat in the middle of the room. I noticed this too when I got the Terra. That eventually, as I used it more, I could ADS all the way to the doorway where MI6 spawns, same thing with the Strata. It has never been a lag issue for me. It either didn't work before I achieved all the prof and now it works perfectly after gaining all the prof.

IDK for me it has always been this way. That is, whenever I pick up or unlock a new weapon Im not nearly as good with it. Also a lot of people, once they unlock a weapon completely hate it at first... Which never made sense to me. A gun is a gun. Not all guns are the same but they all do the same thing and I dont know if you have ever fired a gun but Ive never used a firearm that was so different I couldn't make it do what it is designed to do, fire a projectile on a target by aiming and pulling the trigger...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm 56 but I just recently achieved that few days ago, I have picked the Ivana a few times here and there before I got to 56, but now that I have it I'm still kinda adjusting to it, seems like a bulky yet more powerful Terra. Also with a better fire rate. I have went back to a whole lot more hip fire with the Ivana then I used to. When I started getting better weapons I noticed I didn't use hip fire too much.

I used to be able to shoot people from the boat room with ADS with a Terra and a silencer w/ heavy hitter, but I haven't used that setup in MONTHS.

"A gun is a gun" Not really, I fired a few guns before. Definitely need to be comfortable with it (grip wise), you gotta know your guns recoil to adjust your aiming.

Video game wise, I'll drop my Anova to pickuo a stauger or sigmus anyday. Recoil on Anova is annoying at times. Something you have to adjust yourself to and get used to. I could be a beast with that gun at one point, but once I got that strata I dropped it like a hot potato lol.

Alright, I was really only talking about aiming, that is lining up the irons on target, pulling the trigger and firing. Yes all guns have recoil. Its really a personal thing, that is some people are really affected by recoil, noise and stress ect. but Ive been shooting since I can remember and I dont even really notice recoil and its just a natural thing for me to automatically adjust and compensate for recoil without even thinking... So compared to inr I guess I just way over think simulation... Never felt uncomfortable with any firearm. Ha well except any old used firearm that Ive acquired lol Not knowing if its going to explode in my face or slamfire... Thats some scary ****...

Anyway off topic...

We had some awesome matches the other night! Wasnt for sure it was you because last time we played you were 54 I believe. Ill send you an invite tonight but if you dont think Im good enough thats ok. I just really love your style and how you took me out in forest with a suppressed Strata while I was camping the top of the Russian building... Awesome! Id rather play against you tho because I learn a lot.

Alright, I was really only talking about aiming, that is lining up the irons on target, pulling the trigger and firing. Yes all guns have recoil. Its really a personal thing, that is some people are really affected by recoil, noise and stress ect. but Ive been shooting since I can remember and I dont even really notice recoil and its just a natural thing for me to automatically adjust and compensate for recoil without even thinking... So compared to inr I guess I just way over think simulation... Never felt uncomfortable with any firearm. Ha well except any old used firearm that Ive acquired lol Not knowing if its going to explode in my face or slamfire... Thats some scary ****...

Anyway off topic...

We had some awesome matches the other night! Wasnt for sure it was you because last time we played you were 54 I believe. Ill send you an invite tonight but if you dont think Im good enough thats ok. I just really love your style and how you took me out in forest with a suppressed Strata while I was camping the top of the Russian building... Awesome! Id rather play against you tho because I learn a lot.

Sorry for off topic, we could def go into details on that though. I'm sure you have way more actual shooting experience then I do.

But back on topic, the aiming on this game is ehhh. Hurts my brain right now to even think about it an go into details on it's flaws lol.

We have some good matches for sure, yea last time we played I was 55, only had a little XP to go till I hit the big 5-6. Just reached it other day.

When we play you need to pickup my guns when I die man, or if you are on my team I can suicide on startup and you can pickup Masty or Ivana spec if you want. You are definitely good enough, for those that do not know this guy here is a pro at killing the hero lol. I think one game you had like 6 hero kills and 20 something kills, while I had 30 something kills and like 2 hero kills when we were on the same team. I keep forgetting to add your Friend Code, I will do that later today.

O. and I'm pretty sure it was me, I haven't seen anyone else with FORTHEWIN!!! yet. I had to change up from MRbutterHOOK cause of copycats.

I was the one going off topic... lol Not you... I always go off topic so I just like to warn people...

Hmmmm well Id really like it if someone would test this. It would only take a few minutes and then we can find out if I'm just crazy for thinking this...

Off topic again:

Is this your first 56? Damn I wish I could just play as a 56er for one day to know if its worth all this.

I have never been a scavenger because 99% of the time I get killed trying to just pick up a gun esp if its in a pile of other guns but recently with so many 56ers running around Ive gotten in the bad habit of hunting down Mastys anytime I hear them. Esp stupid even if I know theyre using LAOD I still try to run over and get it as fast as I can.... Thats just how I play I get a crazy priority like searching for Mastys or getting the Hero and nothing else matters but then you come along and I start second guessing everything lol Feels like Im being hunted when I know youre somewhere out there lurking. I cant even play sniper anymore cuz I know you will find me where ever I camp...

Way off topic. Last night I played the most epic heroes match and was wishing you were there. It was amazing! We played against a clan of all +50s and I was the highest rank on our (random) team. We spawned 6 or 7 Zurkovsky heroes against their 1 Bond and still won but we only barely won because the last hero managed to stay alive during the last minute. **** it was the best match Ive ever played, all of the other team had more deaths than eliminations.

I tell you what I think you've experienced with the ADS issue, Troll. I have noticed that when my connection is really fast my ADS works like a champ. Find someone, snap on and it follows. Bang, we have a dead enemy. On the other hand, when it's slow and I use ADS it will aim beside the individual and then follow them while missing with the majority of shots. Also, I did notice it happened more since I have achieved a higher level but I estimate that is due to one thing - I'm better than I was and I have better weapons. So, I don't die as much and I am used to doing the killing not the other way around.

Now, if you would like to join my science class "Theories vs Hypothesis" have open enrollment starting in a week. Heh.

I usually always get killed trying to pickup guns off the ground, I really only try to do it if I some how survive long enough to run out of ammo on my own weapon. Then I'm in the hurry to scramble searching for a decent weapon someone has dropped. For example on station map under the train in that hallway/tunnel if I kill someone I will think about picking up their gun for a split second or two(Hmm its nice and quite, maybe a little too quite) I go to pick up the gun and just my luck as I'm doing so here comes an enemy around the corner and I can't pickup the gun in time + reload it to kill them.

LAOD, I kill them then wait a second then go on over there to attempt picking up the gun. Pisses me off when I know they have LAOD and I forget for a second and I back up what I "think" is far enough to survive the blast and its not. hahaha. I try to put LAOD on weapons I know people really want, get them almost every time.

Sniping I don't even try to hide that much on certain maps. I have a silenced sniper loadout but I haven't used it in a while. Good players know all the good sniping spots really. So sometimes it's almost no point in trying to hide. Maybe against noobs yeah....

I use my toros + thermal faithfully. I just look around kinda and try to quick scope quickly to scan KNOWN camping spots. If nothing is there I run for cover and check another spot, gotta try and be fast. Sometimes you are first and get them, sometime your not.

Yeah this is my first time getting to 56, took forever.

I have 56 FORTHEWIN!! and rank 11 or 12 FORTHELOSS!! (lack of creativity in names lately)

If we got updates with new maps and weapons I would say its more then worth it, but I'm not sure. Starting to grow some attachment to the Ivana spec, hasn't let me down when my connection and aiming is good. Basically had to go up against a 56, 48, 39 guy all by myself in docks in TC, all by myself pretty much. If it wasn't for the Ivana spec and toros thermal we would have lost. Before for me it was all about XP XP XP, didn't care if my team lost or won too much. Now that I'm 56 sometimes I set out to destroy the other team, other times I'm lazy and just running around wild coming in with a little contribution to the team.

Ive had this theory for a while but I believe I just confirmed it. The theory is that until you gain all the proficiencies for a new weapon your accuracy is poor and ADS snap barely works.

I just unlocked and maxed proficiency with the Strata yesterday. Over the course of using it I noticed that I could not target very far using ADS until I had gained all the proficiencies. I tested this in the boat room by shooting at the other team by the outdoor stairs using the boat as cover. Before I finished the proficiency I could not target them but as soon as I finished all the proficiencies I could easily target from this position. Hip fire also seems much harder until you're maxed too.

If you don't believe me try this. First play a match using the Stauger with laser using an account with full Stauger proficiencies. Next play a match under a brand new account using the preset "Close Quarters" loadout which has a Stauger with laser. You should notice a huge difference.

Your hipothesis sounds well thought up, I'll try it.

I tell you what I think you've experienced with the ADS issue, Troll. I have noticed that when my connection is really fast my ADS works like a champ. Find someone, snap on and it follows. Bang, we have a dead enemy. On the other hand, when it's slow and I use ADS it will aim beside the individual and then follow them while missing with the majority of shots. Also, I did notice it happened more since I have achieved a higher level but I estimate that is due to one thing - I'm better than I was and I have better weapons. So, I don't die as much and I am used to doing the killing not the other way around.

Now, if you would like to join my science class "Theories vs Hypothesis" have open enrollment starting in a week. Heh.

Damn trolled again... This isn't over

You and your science blah blah blah... Oh look at me I just broke the light speed barrier! Blah Blah Blah... What? by .01% ??? lol I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, *****!

Hahaha You better come up with something equally hilarious or I win.

Yep I did notice last night in a somewhat laggy match that ADS, as well as everything else was bumpy as hell. I couldnt hit a thing and anytime Id lock on it broke away... I too thought the same thing, still kinda do, that I was just getting better with my new weapon but I still dont know... Maybe its just me and that's why I started this thread hoping maybe a few helpful players would try out my experiment.

Thanks for the tips. The LAOD trick is funny as hell! I knew you guys did this on purpose but I have managed on many attempts & fully aware of the impending explosion to mow down the guy with the Masty run over and pick it up and keep running, surviving the frag. Ive even managed to run and pick it up from a corner turn around and haul ass outa there with barely enough life left to stay on my feet... I do die often enough to make it barely worth it but I always still have to try.

I thought the thermal was going to be huge game changer and tactically, it has a great advantage but unfortunately I am colorblind and it doesnt work out well for me esp in Outpost or whenever the background does not contrast. I know I have to keep moving if there are good players but holy **** its pretty rare to play against someone like you who just doesnt stop looking EVER...

Ill probably keep going... But I think I need a change soon.

Back