2012 conspiracy

Napalmbrain said:
Newtonian physics only applies to "flat" space, but because large masses distort spacetime, there is curvature in that space and so the laws of physics need to be modified.

ooo i really like that explaination. i see, and small masses still distort spacetime, but only in such a small degree that its so insignificant its like saying the slope of that curve changes by 1/infinity, so normal physics can be applied with no error. ok cool. hmm i like this thread, thanks for the physics lessons my napalmbrain.

come december 2012, there will probably be a bunch of 'tards running around like it's Y2K all over again

right now is just a rumor you will never know when or what day or years or time is going to happen. it could happen tommor or 1,000yrs so stpo whine about ok :yesnod:

ROB64 said:
come december 2012, there will probably be a bunch of 'tards running around like it's Y2K all over again
Well according to alot of the rumors I've been hearing...most of us will be dead by then anyway

Well there is no reason to believe the earth is going to end any time soon. There are many prophesies claiming to know the end of the world but these are all from civilizations that are dead. So how right can these people be if their culture and ways of life weren't strong enough to survive the test of time to make it to this point?

Why should I believe some ancient calender written by a people who perished so long ago? their facts are outdated and invalid by today's standards. A few vague coincidences does not mean that something is right or wrong.

By the time said comet even comes near us, we will have an ballistics system capable for destroying it before it reaches out atmosphere. With all the weapons we have devised I'm sure there will be a country..somewhere with the means to destroy this supposed comet.

But more than likely 1/1/2012 will come and go without incident and all the scholars and scientists who were responsible for the mass hysteria will just say "well....it could've happened. How were we supposed to know?"

More than likely the end on human civilization will be due to either a massive nuclear war or GLOBAL WARMING..ohnoes!! But seriously don't stress too much over something so illogical.

everyone long gone culture im shure that have made some predictions have made the end of the world prophecies taht were before the year 2000 or on that year and we are still hear. i understand that the mayans made good predcitions, but how is it possible to be able to predict what will happen thousands of years in teh future. unless like they could talk to God its not really possible to tell the end of the world even if they knew previous pole shifts. And if our poles were shifting wouldnt we be able to tell by now? i mean they wont just convert north to south in a blink of an eye its a gradual process and it would take a few years so it would probaly start already so if it hasnt started now then it probaly wont happen.
i cant believe when i first heard this a while ago i believed it but after i read some stuff on it i think its a buncha hoaxes, lies, and people wanting attention.
nd does it occur to anybody that the mayan calander had so many dates on it that they decided to stop at 2012, or maybe they just ran outta rock haha just a lil joke there.
What predictions did the mayans actually make that were so great that people believe they can predict the end of the world, nd i heard they predicted moon phases, i mean if they predicted when the moon would next be full then thats not much of a prediction if you ask me.
plz post some info

Scratch 2012, Linux have decided to push the end of all until 2038.

konomaroh said:
The only thing that i think is plausible in this argument is aliens coming to earth

but if they are hostile gordon freeman will save us
fixed it for ya

Pssh, if we get ravaged by aliens they'll only have a small amount of time till our race go crazy since Linux resets.

Bump. I love this thread. 2012 theory gives me laughs.

Hey what about the asteroid that'll apparently kill us tomorrow/tonight. Ya know tu24?

Monsteroids said:
Bump. I love this thread. 2012 theory gives me laughs.

Hey what about the asteroid that'll apparently kill us tomorrow/tonight. Ya know tu24?

nvr heard of it lol but oohh tahts interesting lol

my co-worker quit his job, keeps getting loans, and is just travelling around Canada cause he honestly believes the world's going to end

he actually runs onto trains while they're leaving, pretty crazy stuff

as for tu24, i've never heard that it was supposed to hit us, just come really close, tonight it's has a lunar distance

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
my co-worker quit his job, keeps getting loans, and is just travelling around Canada cause he honestly believes the world's going to end

as for tu24, i've never heard that it was supposed to hit us, just come really close, tonight it's has a lunar distance

Yeah well apparently asteroids can apparently exert electrical and plasma discharge and cause firestorms on earth. Yep they also are NEGATIVEly charged and the earth has a positive charge... right.

All of this bull is at tu24.org

Hey, the world won't end in Canada? Oh SNAP!!

mushroomedmario said:

Ooo so possibilty of seeing something puuurdy?

Dayum, my telescope is at my mothers.

Back