2012 conspiracy

crazyman2 said:
in the biz? what do you do? sounds like a pretty sweet job haha. i could find my self in this area of studies. there are so many unanswered questions. anyways thanks for the discussion haha.

I'm a final year astrophysics student, so technically I'm not really in the biz, but close enough. :lol:

crazyman2 said:
haha alright well i promise not to quote you. sounds like a pretty resonable theory to me tho. Except, dont most scientist believe that we live in a boom and bust universe, and eventually the universe is going to reach some endpoint, and start to bust everything will come into itself to eventually boom again. so like, does the universe reach this end point when dark energy runs out? haha

The Big Crunch theory? It's lost popularity since we found out the expansion of the universe is accelerating. As for your last question, it's difficult to say what will happen when or even if there is no more dark energy, because of course, we don't know what it is.

ssbb_lover said:
To prove his point he sites Wikipedia. :p (for the record, I believe you, I just had to make fun of Wiki)

I didn't even know Dark Matter/Energy ACTUALLY existed. Thought it was some science fiction hoax. Sounds awesome. :)

Heh, science fiction writers just love to take real terms from science and apply them without any regard for what they actually mean. Perfect example: the photon torpedoes from Star Trek. It's always bugged me how they can damage spaceships with particles of light.

wow ok i read about it and that sounds amazing but really makes sence to me, considering EMR (electro magnetic radition) is made by accelerating particles. And the big bang made every particle there is start to accelerate so massive amounts of EMR must have been created. And if everthing is still accelerated right now, this radiation is probably still being created. Thats actually amazing that thats what we see on our tv's.

Napalmbrain how do you like astrophysics? its definitly a possible career option for me so id like to know your opinion.

And what you said about the big crunch theory and stuff accelerating, doesnt everything that accelerates eventually have to deselerate because how can anything create an infinite amount of force? Glad we have an astrophysicist on wii chat to help me with all these unanswerable questions haha. oh and a 14 year old genious of course lol.

DRMARIO said:
Uhuh, Newtonian Physics has been disproved.
I'll go read a bit about it..

Why are we still taught it in school then? and how come it works lol? some of it must be right! like f=ma. thats like the basis of all motion haha.

ssbb_lover said:
This is the best off-topic discussion evarrr.

Ya i guess it is, but im learning alot so im not complaining haha

crazyman2 said:
Napalmbrain how do you like astrophysics? its definitly a possible career option for me so id like to know your opinion.

It's a very interesting subject and there's always new theories appearing, so it doesn't get dull. But it's also quite hard, and if you don't like maths then it's not worth it.

And what you said about the big crunch theory and stuff accelerating, doesnt everything that accelerates eventually have to deselerate because how can anything create an infinite amount of force? Glad we have an astrophysicist on wii chat to help me with all these unanswerable questions haha. oh and a 14 year old genious of course lol.

It depends on what the source of dark energy is. It could be that it's a "cosmological constant", in which case I think it never stops accelerating.

crazyman2 said:
Why are we still taught it in school then? and how come it works lol? some of it must be right! like f=ma. thats like the basis of all motion haha.

The physics taught in school works fine in normal circumstances, but when you consider objects that are very massive, very fast moving, or very small those laws start to break down. F=ma, for example, doesn't always work in generally relativity.

I have herd all of that stuff and some of it is true like Y2k some parts of it eg dos computer are going to blow up. and sh$t like that
Bit i herd we are going to have a sloar storm with a - chage and everything like computers and wii's xboxes are going to stop working

* The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.

Well the poles naturally reverse every few thousand years, not any time soon though.

yeah um. . . The mayan calender thing is interesting but the rest seems like coswallop.

phillepino said:
Let's discuss about the conspiracy of 2012.

This is all theory any opinions are welcome :D

Though, this theory scares the hell out of me...

here's a quote from wikipedia:

do not read if you're going to be offended... I dont mean to offend anyone.

I do not believe this myself, but it's an interesting theory.

You have to be one impressionable retard to believe in this

Napalmbrain said:
It's a very interesting subject and there's always new theories appearing, so it doesn't get dull. But it's also quite hard, and if you don't like maths then it's not worth it.
It depends on what the source of dark energy is. It could be that it's a "cosmological constant", in which case I think it never stops accelerating.
The physics taught in school works fine in normal circumstances, but when you consider objects that are very massive, very fast moving, or very small those laws start to break down. F=ma, for example, doesn't always work in generally relativity.

Hmm ok thanks for the input. Ya i really enjoy math im in math and calculus AP this semester. How can a law, like f=ma, be correct for something weighing 5 kg but not something that weighs 5 googilian kg?

crazyman2 said:
Hmm ok thanks for the input. Ya i really enjoy math im in math and calculus AP this semester. How can a law, like f=ma, be correct for something weighing 5 kg but not something that weighs 5 googilian kg?

Newtonian physics only applies to "flat" space, but because large masses distort spacetime, there is curvature in that space and so the laws of physics need to be modified.

Back