360 VS Wii

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
This is the ultimate battle!! Here is right now..

If you liked Nintendo in the past and you like the idea of the Wii, get a Wii.
If you liked Microsoft in the past, and you like the idea of the 360, get a 360.
If your not really a gamer, and want to get into it casually, get a Wii.
If you owned a PS2, or a PC gamer, and want the next level without buying a PS3 or upgrading every year, get a 360.

There is no debate on which is better, it's the consumer that decides.
That about wraps up that whole never-ending flaming war in a nut shell! Who agrees?

Agree completly, and I'm planning on getting a PS3 in the future to go with my Wii :) gets annoying seeing all these threads saying 'what's better?' when it's really down to what the person who's asking is like personality-wise.

I think they compliment eachother nicely, I only have a wii at the moment but I wouldn't mind an Xbox aswell because it does have some good games out, the wii would then be mostly for multiplayer though there are some good one player games to keep me interested and the launch of online games next year.The Xbox on the other hand would be mostly for single player games like gears of war, i wouldn't bother with Xboxlive. The real question is PS3 or Xbox but then that barely needs contemplation before you come to the conclusion that Xbox pwns PS3 because of the price and much better game selection.

for me the xbox live is what sold me. playing online is so easy with the 360, it makes the game completely different.

i got a wii and a 360 right now, and a large group of friends are over, we play the wii... when it's just me and a buddy, it's the 360.

yes i love 360 and wii.They complement each other very well.and gears of war is by far the best game for multiplayer so far.

Sovieto said:

If you liked Microsoft in the past, and you like the idea of the 360, get a 360.
If you owned a PS2, or a PC gamer, and want the next level without buying a PS3 or upgrading every year, get a 360.

That about wraps up that whole never-ending flaming war in a nut shell! Who agrees?

I think you just single-handedly and succinctly ended all forums.:shocked:

Sovieto said:

Thanks for making a thread to say the same thing dozens of people have already said on these forums.

I have both, I like them both pretty much the same. However, I have been avoiding my 360 to get in on some Zelda action. :D

All the consoles have their good side. I have a wii for the control and the nice games like zelda, metroid, ssbb, just to mention a few. 360 have nice graphics, Halo + i like the 360 live, ps3 have nice graphics too, i got it for the new FF and a few more nice games... thats y i like all of them. (i spend more time playing wii but thats my prefference) not an exact console fan, im just a video game fan.

i don't disagree with the original poster, but that is very simplistic.

i'm a casual console gamer who hadn't owned a console since the SNES. i have been a moderate Pc Gamer for years now. the Wii managed to get me fanboyishly excited about getting a new console. the only problem is that i didn't end up getting a wii.

The Xbox 360 has been everything i had hoped for.

My wife bought me Zelda for the Wii and a $250 gift card to purchase the console. Problem is I was looking at the game list for the Wii, and so far nothing has me too excited. Sure Zelda is going to be solid, it's an awesome franchise, but I played Gears of War at my friends house this weekend, and all I can say is "Chainsaw Bayonet!"

Seems Nintendo is making the same mistakes it made with the Gamecube; limited online play, poor third party support, relying too heavily on nostalgia and kids games.

Granted I have yet to play a Wii, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a blast, but it was the same with the Gamecube. Cheaper than everyone else, graphics not bad, but not amazing, fun games that get people together laughing. Then after a year, third party games seemed to lack features of the other two consoles, and third party games not being released on the Cube. Kids games flood the market, and you wait a year to get a game like Resident Evil 4.

I was excited about the Wii, but after seeing reviews for games released so far, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. Looks like it's already started, only a few of the games have online multiplayer, some are missing content that the other consoles have, and the next big thing is Brawl Brothers.

Bank_Robber said:
My wife bought me Zelda for the Wii and a $250 gift card to purchase the console. Problem is I was looking at the game list for the Wii, and so far nothing has me too excited. Sure Zelda is going to be solid, it's an awesome franchise, but I played Gears of War at my friends house this weekend, and all I can say is "Chainsaw Bayonet!"

Seems Nintendo is making the same mistakes it made with the Gamecube; limited online play, poor third party support, relying too heavily on nostalgia and kids games.

Granted I have yet to play a Wii, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a blast, but it was the same with the Gamecube. Cheaper than everyone else, graphics not bad, but not amazing, fun games that get people together laughing. Then after a year, third party games seemed to lack features of the other two consoles, and third party games not being released on the Cube. Kids games flood the market, and you wait a year to get a game like Resident Evil 4.

I was excited about the Wii, but after seeing reviews for games released so far, I don't think I'll be purchasing it. Looks like it's already started, only a few of the games have online multiplayer, some are missing content that the other consoles have, and the next big thing is Brawl Brothers.

You could exchange Wii Zelda for the GameCube version. Aiming with arrows and hookshots might not be as fun or accurate as the Wii version, but it is a great game with a classic, time-tested control scheme. You don't wanna miss out on the experience.

Probably will, I really enjoyed Wind Waker. When I heard of Twilight Princess I got excited, and was disappointed it got pushed back to be line with the launch.

Last edited:
I'd have to call this battle off. The wii and the 360 should live in harmony and make little ownage babies!

Speaking of chainsaw bayonet, I tried GoW at a friend's (the reason I'm now going to go pick up the 360 tomorrow) and, upon learning that he sucked ass, proceeded to beat him the entire day with just the chainsaw. It was pretty damn funny.

Honestly, I don't care at all for Sony's attitude, marketing, or console, but I can't say much bad about nintendo or microsoft.

blargh. i'm on an ADD spree today.

Back