About the Camping out

Akaymay

On the Highway to Hell!
About the Camping out...

Okay, I can guarantee that there's like, a million of these threads, but I really need some help, and I need to talk about the Wii to some people who aren't complete "noobs" (If you will) of the Wii.

Okay, Since I missed every pre-order chance to Reserve the Wii, I'm just gonna camp out at Wal-mart.

I've heard 2 suggestions:

1. Get there around noon Saturday and just Wait it out.

2. Get there Friday right after school/work, or whatever and wait.

I have many things to tide me over till Sunday midnight; guitar (a Brand new Gibson SG standard for those who play), laptop, DS, Game and Watch (Trust me, I love all Nintendo stuff), 2 of my friends, and just my humor to make everyone laugh. Not to mention a Vitual Boy, but my eyes actually have bled from playing, so thats kinda out of the question.

But I'm the kind of guy who gets bored pretty easily, so I wont be able to hold myself over for very long. Although I am very, very willing to wait from Friday to Sunday, I would just prefer wait 12 hours, rather than 31; but I dont know if it's gonna be that huge. I know Nintendo is becoming very VERY popular with the Wii, but everyone in my town, although a very small town, is very focused around Microsoft and the Xbox 360; and even some rich people waiting for the PS3.

But considering the Wii reserves ran out within minutes at Gamestop, I think I should get there kinda early.

What do YOU think I should do?

I'm actually just typing to vent here. Sorry, I have absolutly no one around here who likes Nintendo. So here goes. I've been waiting for the Wii like, months now, and it's coming in freakin' 20 days, this is nuts, I'm calling aorund like crazy trying to get more and more information about the Wii, even though there is nothing to say. I've even been kicked out of Gamestop a few times for hogging up the playable Wii on display, so I cant go back there that much, I need to know everything and finally get my hands on this Wii!

I'm having such a problem with my money here, It's constantly "I have enough, but I need to buy this useless thing right now" "Now I'm down by 10 bucks" "I finally got the money back, but now I need these guitar strings, damn" right now I need 35 bucks, since New Jersey just raised the Tax level from 6% to 7%, so I need even more money now, this is nuts! I've been doing chores for all of my family, but they think it's out of courtisy, so I'm screwed there, now I need so much money! I've actually been somewhat stealing money from my mom. I feel kinda bad considering we're tight on cash right now. I keep saying School lunch costs 5 dollars, even though it's only 3. So I'm getting 2 bucks a day, but I keep spending it :wtf: . My girlfriend refuses to give me money after I bought a sword with the money she gave me for the Wii, and that was 50 bucks, now she doesnt trust me at all.

Wow, if you guys seriously just read all of this, you are like, crazy or something, but thanks for the time. Also, tell me I'm not the only guy (or girl) here who's like this!

Later

Last edited:
On friday you should check to make sure too many people arent there but if there is you might wanna get your stuff and stay

wow, you guys have it hard in the states...

i work for a Big electrical retailer in england, in my shop we have had 2 people reserve the wii (i am one and a colleague is the other)

no queuing, we get delivery a couple of days before release...

Easy...

Geez... You had it hard. Everyone knows how fast the wii went at gamestop. Well, I went to my local EB Games the day after pre order day and they had just got a call they could do 2 more wii's. My store had a total of 39 guranteed systems. All I had to do was run in andout. No waiting in lines or camping. But i'm sry 4 you.

I am not gonna camp , for the heaven of it :lol:
Lol , but no in Cincinnati theres like no wii reserves at my gamestop.:arf:

woh! another cinci person! where at in cinci do you live? im going up to game crazy in milford (about 5 min from my house) depending on how many they are getting or im going to best Buy in the Eastgate area on launch day to get mine. if i dont get one on launch day, im just gonna have to wait a few weeks but ill have 2 awsome 360 games to hold me over till then ;)

I actually live in Norwood right by Cincinnati :(

thats not too far from me. i only live in Milford, i just say cincinnati because its the general area and milford is a small town that no one knows of lol

please, I hope this helps...

hey

My best advise to you is to put love and honesty in front of everything. I think put what is real in front of what is fake. I think it's hard, but you should tell your mother what you have been doing. BTW, I don't think you truely need to buy such things? you may just think you do? I think rather, these are only the things you want. Do Guitar Strings, or a Nintendo Wii keep you alive?

Goodluck :).

cya

Last edited:
Sounds good beside the money issues...I would probably go earlier than noon on Saturday though!
I am getting up a 3:00 am and jogging to Walmart and just read until the next day....sounds tuff but it will be worth it!

Joe said:
Sounds good beside the money issues...I would probably go earlier than noon on Saturday though!
I am getting up a 3:00 am and jogging to Walmart and just read until the next day....sounds tuff but it will be worth it!
woh! i didnt think about bringing a book. i started reading the first halo book about 3 years ago and still havent finished it. i still remember a part in it that made me cringe though. if you got it, read page 86 and if your a guy, you will also cringe :sick:

breakpoint said:
i am gonna camp, just for the hell of it...

:lol: I think i'm gonna do the same. I'm not 100% sure if ToysRUs is gonna hold our reserves for us or not, so if there's a line building, even a small one... (yes i'll be checking around launch day) then i'll be sure to camp out. Luckily there is a TimHortons right beside this location, 30 steps away, so i'm glad for that! (And a McDonalds for those who want a cheap/greasy breakfast :lol: )

Akaymay said:
Okay, I can guarantee that there's like, a million of these threads, but I really need some help, and I need to talk about the Wii to some people who aren't complete "noobs" (If you will) of the Wii.

Okay, Since I missed every pre-order chance to Reserve the Wii, I'm just gonna camp out at Wal-mart.

I've heard 2 suggestions:

1. Get there around noon Saturday and just Wait it out.

2. Get there Friday right after school/work, or whatever and wait.

I have many things to tide me over till Sunday midnight; guitar (a Brand new Gibson SG standard for those who play), laptop, DS, Game and Watch (Trust me, I love all Nintendo stuff), 2 of my friends, and just my humor to make everyone laugh. Not to mention a Vitual Boy, but my eyes actually have bled from playing, so thats kinda out of the question.

But I'm the kind of guy who gets bored pretty easily, so I wont be able to hold myself over for very long. Although I am very, very willing to wait from Friday to Sunday, I would just prefer wait 12 hours, rather than 31; but I dont know if it's gonna be that huge. I know Nintendo is becoming very VERY popular with the Wii, but everyone in my town, although a very small town, is very focused around Microsoft and the Xbox 360; and even some rich people waiting for the PS3.

But considering the Wii reserves ran out within minutes at Gamestop, I think I should get there kinda early.

What do YOU think I should do?

I'm actually just typing to vent here. Sorry, I have absolutly no one around here who likes Nintendo. So here goes. I've been waiting for the Wii like, months now, and it's coming in freakin' 20 days, this is nuts, I'm calling aorund like crazy trying to get more and more information about the Wii, even though there is nothing to say. I've even been kicked out of Gamestop a few times for hogging up the playable Wii on display, so I cant go back there that much, I need to know everything and finally get my hands on this Wii!

I'm having such a problem with my money here, It's constantly "I have enough, but I need to buy this useless thing right now" "Now I'm down by 10 bucks" "I finally got the money back, but now I need these guitar strings, damn" right now I need 35 bucks, since New Jersey just raised the Tax level from 6% to 7%, so I need even more money now, this is nuts! I've been doing chores for all of my family, but they think it's out of courtisy, so I'm screwed there, now I need so much money! I've actually been somewhat stealing money from my mom. I feel kinda bad considering we're tight on cash right now. I keep saying School lunch costs 5 dollars, even though it's only 3. So I'm getting 2 bucks a day, but I keep spending it :wtf: . My girlfriend refuses to give me money after I bought a sword with the money she gave me for the Wii, and that was 50 bucks, now she doesnt trust me at all.

Wow, if you guys seriously just read all of this, you are like, crazy or something, but thanks for the time. Also, tell me I'm not the only guy (or girl) here who's like this!

Later

DUDE!!!! YOU BOUGHT A F***ING SWORD!!!! HOW CAN YOUR GIRLFRIEND EVEN BE MAD AT YOU!!!!! THAT'S F***ING SWEET!!!!! HAHA!!!! I WISH I HAD A SWORD!!!!

*edit*
(or a bow with a quiver full of arrows. i'd walk around town shooting people in the achilles tendon just like orlando bloom does to brad pitt in "troy"... yea.... that'd be awesome..............)

Alright Halo....and you say it will make me cringe even a guy like me!
I'll try to look for it!

Back