Amazon.co.uk Preorders starting November 21st

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Sorry if this is already widely known, but it's great news for people like me who have been unlucky with preordering so far.. you can bet your ass im getting in on this. :D :D

When will I be able to pre-order my Wii console?
From Tuesday, November 21, 2006, during UK business hours. Order early, because the Wii console will be in very short supply.

We’re working closely with Nintendo to maximise the number of consoles we'll have for launch, and will stop taking pre-orders once we've pre-sold all the consoles Nintendo allocate to us for release day. We won't take pre-orders for more consoles than we can supply for launch day.

If I pre-order a Wii from Amazon.co.uk, will I get it on launch day (December 8, 2006)?
UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your console should be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control.

If you choose Free Super Saver Delivery, your console will be delivered 2-5 business days later than December 8.

International customers: we will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control.

Please note that a signature will be required for delivery of your Wii.

Nintendo Wii preorder FAQ

I'll definitely be getting in on this.. just depends whether i get confirmation from hmv in the meantime...

well i dont trust amazon i was trying to get a action replay freeloader it took them 2 months to get to edinbrugh first class damn them i chosen max tv got it in a week to my house

well i just went i a shop just do that saves the boredom of waiting no one goes in my hmv for games except fo the companys and ds

It's not just you, I'm getting the same problem... I've been refreshing like a crazylady for about 20 minutes straight now! In fact, I only found this thread from googling about it...

lol. im meant to be at collage now, but im not going in until ive pre-ordered it. fact. :D

Occasionally when I refresh the console listing, it says 'We will be taking preorders on November 21st, read our FAQ'. But most of the time now, it doesn't. It can't seem to make up its mind...

Yup, I am. I'm also refreshing the pick 'n' mix page in IE too. XD

Also, I've just noticed that Excite Truck isn't even on the pick 'n' mix page... not that I wanted it anyway. Too expensive for that kinda game.

ahh im pulling my hair out now. trust amazon to mess this up. what could the problem be!

Sigh, half an hour late now. I'm kinda disappointed with Amazon. When they first said 'Pre-orders begin Tuesday 21st November' I assumed midnight... then in their next e-mail they said 'in office hours, 9am-5pm.'

...and it's still not there.

Back