Any christians in the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the debate over whether or not God exists with some Atheists too many times.

I'll just say this. Atheists promote science to the death. One of the first theories to ever be proven in science is the theory of biogenesis, that all life comes from preexisiting life (see Redi, Pasteur, etc.) and falsely disproved the theory of spontaneous generation, that life could arise from non-living matter (usually derived from watching maggots appear on days old meat).

Okay, science, if you believe in that theory, then explain the beginning of life itself. Well, clearly, we must have had a preexisting life from which to be created.

I'm not saying evolution is wrong, it's clearly logical, but so is the idea of a creator/designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mc_Evan said:
Hey I was just wondering how did god get there did he magicly apear how did he creat every thing does god have a mom and dad a sister a brother ? What langue does he speak ? What race is he ? Can you answer this please

According to the Bible, God has always existed - has no beginning and no ending.

FWELR said:
This is the lounge, homie. Where deep, deep relaxation and discussions of other topics not relating to videogames occurs.

Anyways, I've had the debate over whether or not God exists with some Atheists too many times.

I'll just say this. Atheists promote science to the death. One of the first theories to ever be proven in science is the theory of biogenesis, that all life comes from preexisiting life (see Redi, Pasteur, etc.) and falsely disproved the theory of spontaneous generation, that life could arise from non-living matter (usually derived from watching maggots appear on days old meat).

Okay, science, if you believe in that theory, then explain the beginning of life itself. Well, clearly, we must have had a preexisting life from which to be created.

I'm not saying evolution is wrong, it's clearly logical, but so is the idea of a creator/designer.
+1 on that

ok yes i am cathlioc
little bit of a religion class to annswer a few of the questions ive seen come up.
most of the problems that come between religion and science is in how we aproach questions using these two techniques to answer. when you use science to answer a religious question, or visa versa, that is where the conflict comes in. questions like how did we come to be here, how have we evolve, is the earth round or flat, can all be answered by science. questions like why are we here and what is good and evil are to be answered with religion and faith.

God gave us the power of free will, of choice. If there was definite proof that God exsisted then we would not have free will, not the type he intended. He made belief so that we have something to hold on to. some hope.

@ Mc_evan, i like to think of it like this. ants are so small and have such little brains, that they can not possible comprehend what we as humans are, what we are capable of and how we affect them. So, for us humans, are brains can not coprehend or fathom what God is. All the things that you asked about Him are man made concepts, things we made and can conceptually think about with understanding. If you were to draw a picture of God, every aspect of that drawing would come from something you learned on earth by other humans. our brains can not comprhend God and the questions your ask are impossible to answer, and most likely unapplicable.

About the "facts" that condradict eachother in the Bible. you cannot take the bible literally. the bible cannot be read in a day and understood. the bible is a compilation of many books (66) all writen at different times. to understand what the author meant there are many aspects you need to study, like when it was written, where it was written, of what nationality and religion is the author etc. the bible is widely accepted as being methiphoric and many parts that seems like facts are not truely facts. so disproving one point made in the bible does not disprove the truths that are stated in it.

@ chewy about Jesus. There is more documented records that Jesus of Nazereth was in fact a real person than we have of Alexander the great, Julius Ceaser and even Napolean. That is not to say that these records agree that the miracles he perform were infact true. but there are many documents of none jewish and christians that described witnessing real true miracles that this Jesus perform, with no motive in saying so for themselves.

In no way am i trying to change anyones beliefs, just trying to answer some question. No one has to agree with what i have stated and i welcome any argument against it. I believe in what i like and no one has to have the same beliefs that i do.

i personally can't stand religious people (no offence to anybody)

if god is real and loves every person then why do we have starving people in Africa?

Also if god does exist, he must be full of f*ing pride I mean how up yourself do you have to be to make every person in your own image. Also while i am on the topic of pride, why is having pride a sin? if i understand correctly i'm not aloud to win an award and be proud of myself for it without committing a sin.

Another question i want to ask is what about aliens, (and nobody say they don't exist, the universe is just to dam huge), does god communicate with them, do they go to heaven or hell.

anyway, all i really know about god is that when i'm getting judged after i die (presuming i'm wrong and he does exist) i will personally hit him in the nuts, for everything he didn't do to make the earth a good place, and also for kicking us out of the garden of eden

konomaroh said:
i personally can't stand religious people (no offence to anybody)

if god is real and loves every person then why do we have starving people in Africa?

Also if god does exist, he must be full of f*ing pride I mean how up yourself do you have to be to make every person in your own image. Also while i am on the topic of pride, why is having pride a sin? if i understand correctly i'm not aloud to win an award and be proud of myself for it without committing a sin.

Another question i want to ask is what about aliens, (and nobody say they don't exist, the universe is just to dam huge), does god communicate with them, do they go to heaven or hell.

anyway, all i really know about god is that when i'm getting judged after i die (presuming i'm wrong and he does exist) i will personally hit him in the nuts, for everything he didn't do to make the earth a good place, and also for kicking us out of the garden of eden
Africa - because we have free will and some choose to abuse it

"Made in our image" - applying a metaphor written 3,000 years ago to today's time in a little crazy

Aliens - sure, why not? universe is a big place, he must have wanted more than one species

Hitting in God in the balls - not possible, he might not actually be human, he probably does not even have said "balls" (ie might be a woman, or an it)

garden of Eden - (see "made in our image" rebuttal)

And that is how you keep your head when somebody tries to tell you that the government caused 9/11 or somebody tries to change your beliefs over the Interwebs. Tear apart their argument piece by piece.

oh and @ Chewy - I know you said you left this thread, but I feel compelled to address your point about Jesus anyway. Yes, Jesus was not the only person claiming to be the Messiah at the time. However, all the other "Messiahs" were crucified, too. And their followers were rounded up and the religion was ended in about a month.

Compare that to Chrisitianity - Jesus rises from the dead (it's what I believe), tells his apostles, converses with them for 40 days, goes back to heaven, and 10 days later (Pentacost) the apostles get the gift of tongues and spread the religion all around the world where today it is (I think, not sure, Islam might be bigger) the largest religion in the world.

Divine influence? You have to think so.

Last edited:
FWELR said:
Africa - because we have free will and some choose to abuse it

"Made in our image" - applying a metaphor written 3,000 years ago to today's time in a little crazy

Aliens - sure, why not? universe is a big place, he must have wanted more than one species

Hitting in God in the balls - not possible, he might not actually be human, he probably does not even have said "balls" (ie might be a woman, or an it)

garden of Eden - (see "made in our image" rebuttal)

And that is how you keep your head when somebody tries to tell you that the government caused 9/11 or somebody tries to change your beliefs over the Interwebs. Tear apart their argument piece by piece.

first off i don't want to change your beliefs, i'm just saying it all seems weird.
also the goverment never caused 911 this guy(CONTENT WARNING) seems to proove it. and when i say "hitting god in the balls it's a metaphor for beating the sh*t out of god.
finally the Africans don't have the freedom to do many things but we do, and some people say "all men are made equal"

I'm Christian (Catholic in particular) as well.

Just because you can come up with a bunch of crap on how God doesn't exist (Not saying he doesn't, I do believe God exists) doesn't mean crap to me. You know why? Like some guy said on Youtube (Was going through the whole "Gullible doesn't exist in the dictionary crap") it was something along the lines of "I'm happy believing in God." But yeah, something along those lines... So what, you may be right proving God doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean I can't believe in him now can I? I feel that my beliefs will satisfy me, and that's all unfortunately that truly matters. If someone wants to believe in a 'Flying-Man-Eating-Scorpion-Slaying-Witch-Monster-From-Alabama-With-A-Pumpkin-And-Wearing-A-Santa-Hat', no duh I can prove that doesn't exist (possibly...) but hell with it if their happy believing in it then like I said, that's all that matters.

:)

Frogger said:
...Hahahaha, nonsense. What, did you start this just to be flamed (in a lovely Christian way of course)?

I'm Catholic.

yea... this is like throwing matches into gasoline... just a fire waiting to happen.

man i could seriously write a novel here, so ill keep it short.

when i chose to question my beliefs in christianity, by far the hardest thing for me to lose was the belief in jesus h christ. once i started doing research, using various articles and documentaries, i found many questionable things about the entire story surrounding jesus. one thing i found out is that all, and i do mean ALL of the "miracles" that jesus "preformed" were mentioned to have been done by various greek gods hundreds of years prior. i think the whole persona of jesus was comprised of various beliefs involving "pagan" gods.

for example, the greek god of wine Dionysus, had shockingly similar attributes to jesus even unto his death. in mythology, as i said 6-800 years before jesus, dionysus was said to be the "son of god" because he was the son of zeus. he was said to be "born of a virgin" which had been magically impregnated by zeus. he was said to have turned water into wine(sound familiar yet?) when he died, he was said to tell his followers to "eat his body and drink his blood" he meant this in a literal sense because it was believed that he and his cult were into cannibalism. also when he died he was "nailed to a tree" he also "rose again and acended into heaven" and once again, this was 800 years before christ.

now, the modern world of course does not acknowledge these stories, and any other mythology, as more than fairytale.....so why not the bible? few christians know of the undeniable parallels between christianity and "pagan" religions. when i was a christian, i didnt either.

this video will explain what im talking about further. this is from a phenomenal documentary called "the god who wasnt there" this is clip is about 6 minutes long but very much worth watching. esp in the end of the clip it shows all the attributes of "previous saviors" well before jesus. you will be shocked that all of what jesus did, had been done in mythology WELL before jesus "did it"

watch

sorry the video wouldnt post...so i could only post the link.

Bigred said:
yea... this is like throwing matches into gasoline... just a fire waiting to happen.

meh. Who deosn't like fire. It always interesting to see what people have to say. I myself am a pentecostal christian, and play guitar for Hillsong church(if that means anything to anyone). I love jesus and i dont mind taking fire because of it.

That's a very good point dedpoet777. Why do we consider Greek gods to just be myths compared to the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back