Are the wii's still shipping with the thin wrist saftey band?

jonblock

Banned
Mar 5, 2007
My wii arrives tomorrow. I bought it on eBay for around $300. I was wondering if the wrist saftey ban that is probably inside that box is the thin one that I heard was breaking during game play.

Thanks!
Jon

If it's a new Wii, then there are thicker bands. Even tough they are totaly unneeded unless you play like a retard.

Secumfex said:
If it's a new Wii, then there are thicker bands. Even tough they are totaly unneeded unless you play like a retard.

Everyone will have a situation where they (or someone playing their Wii) lets the controller either a.) fly out of their hand midswing or b.) slip and drop to hit the floor.

Just last night while playing a game of bowling a guy walked to get a beer with his wiimote in hand and it slipped out. Would have smacked against the hard tile if not for the strap house rule. Everyone looked over at me when he said "whoa!" with this 'so THAT's why you make us wear this thing' look. Being thin and straight they are easy to let slip, as opposed to standard wireless controllers with more contours. Not to mention the many accounts of broken TVs from a slightly too intense tennis swing.

Personally I don't want to lose my TV or a wiimote to one of my friends with butterfingers, so no the straps are not only needed if you play like a retard, they are needed if you value your stuff any whatsoever.

unless its an older unit (which is HIGHLY unlikely based on how they can't stay on the shevles in any capacity) it will have the thicker strap. They no longer even make the thin straps so you should be safe. I think I have one however that has a thin strap, but it still is pretty sturdy. The people who broke theirs must have really been swinging that thing around!

What's the difference in thickness in the safety bands? I just bought my Wii, it's the only one I've ever seen, and no clue if it'd be considered "thick" or "thin".. It's just a strap..

Back