My sad New Years Wii realted tale . . .

PokeChamp said:
im sorry to hear that, i got mine last year, my mom was waiting in line at Wal*Mart for 13 hours, then got out of line, and went to the NEX XD

they had 20, and she was the 3rd in line, my friends mom came to my house at 5 AM to tell me this XD

turns out that a little while back, the Best Buy employees (my mom being one of them) were told to answer the phones and introduce themselves, then say "we have no Nintendo Wii's" XD

it was fricken hilarious, of course this was recently after thanksgiving on black friday >.>
quote >.>

You do realize that there exist stores other than Gamestop that indeed sell Wii's. Just keep checking those other stores, particularly Wal-Mart. If you're vigilant enough, you'll probably get one eventually.

what exactly have you been doing...earning 300 dollars after a number of years?

First off, why did you go back with a sprained ankle and wrist? Did you have someone drive you? If so, you should have done that the first night. And shouldn't you be like, not walking around and in a hospital or at your house resting? I know I may be a little ignorant about the facts, but still, a sore back and sprained wrist and ankle....

Second, even if you DID get the Wii on the second day, you wouldn't have been able to play it with a sprained wrist and ankle. You could get around the ankle by sitting down, but the wrist would really be holding you back. So yeah.

Sorry about your accident and not being able to get your Wii, but if you really wanted one, you should be smarter about it.

LOL. I laugh because I faced something similar to this on launchday for the Wii (Minus getting hit by the car). On launch day i went to Wal-Mart at around 6:50am in the morning and i was the 56 person in line. So the doors open up at about 7:30am and were let in. Only then i found out 20 people who camped out were let in at 6:30am. So having heard this i ran around the entire electronics section looking for a sales rep to get a wii after 10mins i was told they were at lawaway which is on the opposite side of the store. I raced down there and got in line. There were 10 left and when the rep came to me in line asking me to go get one they realized two people ahead of me weren't together and that made me the unluckly 11th person who missed a wii by one. I waited until Feburary to get a wii and it was so sweet and worth the wait. Trust me when you get it, it will be that much sweeter to play.

Smileface said:
IT IS WORTH IT!!!

Dark words ' I'm sorry, no', the Wii is still 'new' but not so much worth it just yet. It has about 3 quality games to play. Yes, only three. The rest are posers for now. Just wait when they are not 'the rush'.

Close said:
Dark words ' I'm sorry, no', the Wii is still 'new' but not so much worth it just yet. It has about 3 quality games to play. Yes, only three. The rest are posers for now. Just wait when they are not 'the rush'.

OMG!!
:yikes:
Close finally came out of the Graphics Discussion Thread!

paintba||er said:

LMAO I was also wondering that.
Well, since I'm only 13, I can't get a job at a store, and I don't know anyone who wants me to babysit.
So, I asked a certain restaurant if I could play music on Saturdays with another one of my good music friends.
He agreed after hearing me play, and I got the job.
I don't play guitar, or rock out, (its a small restaurant, and it will be loud)
But I played the classiest of all, Clarinet!!
I usually play Jazzy pieces, or the occasional Xmas tune during the holidays.
So, me and my partner Kathryn, go there every Saturday to play duets.
We get no money from the manager, but we get some occasional tips from customers.
After 1/12 years, I reached 300$.
We do it mostly to test how much well we can play
and thats why we dont quit.
I love that job . . . but now I can't play for at least 2 weeks . . .
Oh well.
Looking forward to Brawl.
Thats one of the main reasons I want the wii
ITS WORTH IT!!!

WOW dude you got some bad luck, hoepfully you can get one, in FEB, but why not try to go somewhere else like Toys R Us, some times they have them on Sundays, when they restock.:yesnod:

Back