Are you a "serious" wii gamer? Check this out!

Even now the games made arent that hard on other consoles, but they're very challenging compared to Wii.

But no hardcore gaming didnt just come out. But when it comes to hardcore gaming online in your house then yes, kind of. Back before online you had to go to tournaments to really have competitive gaming. Now days you can enter leagues or tournaments online. Since Wii lacks both games and online, they are last when it comes to competitive gaming. Wii has Madden 08 (which I hear not many ppl play now), Super Mario Strikers, and Medal of Honor Heros 2. They have Madden on PS3 and Xbox and there are alot of people playing them. If you watch the Madden challenge on TV, they play on Xbox or PS3. Super Mario Strikers has online so that can be competitive, by just how much compared to PS3 and Live games? I dont know because I dont own that game. Medal of Honor Hereos 2, this game is probably the most competitive of the 3 I mentioned, I think... But are there leagues for this game? Call of Duty has alot, same with Halo, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, etc. etc.

But the first thing to really become competitive was online PC gaming. Look at Counter-Strike, that game came out about 3 years after N64, and mind you, this is not the oldest PC game played competitively, but this is one of the games that Americans dominate on. This game is still played to this day with thousands of gamers and is played at WCG (World Cyber Games) with prizes up to $30,000. That my friend, is competitive gaming.

There are 12 games at WCG, 4 of those 12 are Xbox 360 games such as: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tony Hawk Project 8.

So when people say Xbox games are better or more competitive, some Wii players disagree either because they're huge fanboys or they dont realize its not just the single player aspect but the online aspect also.

i no about cs:s i play it myself.

but 360 has great online games etc. 10X better than the wii im just saying that coz you dont play games online dont make you one. just say tour great at a game but u dont have an internet connection does this stop u being a hardcore gamer.

the wii isnt much hardcore but it good and it controls i think with a good game will make it hard to master. so in time the wii will be hardcore.

(i think im off topic..bit lost on this):sick:

Well of course not all Wii games arent hardcore. There will inevitably be some hardcore players. Thats just like those people who play with the Rubic's cube hardcore. But you have to deal with average. Because if you just go by a single person, then no system is more hardcore gaming because it would be even, unless you just find some freak. So basically overall Wii is in last place when it comes to hardcore/competitive gaming. PS2 2nd, and Obviously everyone knows Xbox is 1st in that dept. Ive never seen anyone who wasnt extremely biased or just an idiot think that Xbox wasnt the most competitive console, hell even sony admits to saying in order to surpass Xbox in that dept. would be to copy them as much as you can when it comes to Xbox Live, which is what Sony has been doing. Sadly for Wii, they take the longest to do things. It took them a whole year just to get a handful of online games, and a few of them are japenese games.

T3kNi9e said:
Im not talking about that kind of hardcore. You're just a person who likes games like almost everyone who buys a console. I mean hardcore as in challenging games and competitive games which Wii lacks both of. They have hardly any challenging game and very very few competitive games because they lack online. So if I had to pick one its obviously Xbox 360 or PS3. I dont even like PS3 and I know its more challenging and competitive than a Wii. Wii for me is just for some fun games and VC because no one can resist games like Super Mario World and Zelda: A link to the past! Which btw, these two games are more challenging than anything ive played on Wii.

Son, you wouldn't know hardcore if slapped you in the back of the head. The Wii is in fact hardcore. When we do slap you, you'll be glad were wearing those gloves to cusion the blow. There are only a few hardcore games in the world. MoHAA (Medal of Honor: Allied Assault) BF2 (Battlefield: 2) WoW (World of Warcraft). Pick yourself up one of those three games and your set for the next.... eh 10 or 15 years.

Ive played all 3. MoH isnt even close to the popularity of CS or Call of Duty. You are truly stupid for trying to be a smart ass and you obviously dont know ****. BF:2 is popular and so is WoW, but I would consider WoW nothing but a nerd fest, that game is beyond boring unless you like wasting your time killing **** and doing odd quests just to level up. If it truly more popular than even CS alone, then you would see it at WCG, but instead you see shooters like CS and Gears of War. WoW isnt even competitive at all, its just a bunch of nerds who love that game to the bone. Just because there's people who may be attatched to a game more than a baby on a nipple doesnt mean its hardcore.

Also just so you know, after WoW, the most popular and also competitive PC game being played is StarCraft. Its listed as one of the top online games ever for a reason. Go do your damn homework and stop trying to be a smart ass.

T3kNi9e said:
Ive played all 3. MoH isnt even close to the popularity of CS or Call of Duty. You are truly stupid for trying to be a smart ass and you obviously dont know ****. BF:2 is popular and so is WoW, but I would consider WoW nothing but a nerd fest, that game is beyond boring unless you like wasting your time killing **** and doing odd quests just to level up. If it truly more popular than even CS alone, then you would see it at WCG, but instead you see shooters like CS and Gears of War. WoW isnt even competitive at all, its just a bunch of nerds who love that game to the bone. Just because there's people who may be attatched to a game more than a baby on a nipple doesnt mean its hardcore.

Also just so you know, after WoW, the most popular and also competitive PC game being played is StarCraft. Its listed as one of the top online games ever for a reason. Go do your damn homework and stop trying to be a smart ass.

....ha. Stellar comment there pal. The guy plays a game for maybe an hour and thinks he knows what he's talking about. How many times has CS made CNN or FOX news? How many related deaths are there to Call of Duty? How many lives have been totally ruined and relationships crushed because of Gears of War. Your talking about games here buddy. I'm talking about a completely life absorbing game that is rated as the worlds number one most addicting game, World of Warcraft. You have no idea. Get your head out of your ass and quit dragging on about your piece of **** games. Don't tell me WoW is anything less than it is. My good friend wouldn't stop playing that game. He got so taking over that he died due to lack of sleep and nutrition. My other buddy that played the game dropped out of highschool and would be homeless if he didn't stay at my house because he wouldn't stop playing. My third friend lost his wife because he wouldn't stop playing. Luckily for me, when I was completely taking by the game, my pancreas burst and my gull bladder gave out. I spent 2 months sitting in the hospital nearly dead. That sort of thing typically snaps you out of bad habits but you probably wouldn't know what I mean. Three of us went to highschool together and were good friends. A guy (the one that got divorced) mentioned WoW and we thought it would be a good group venture. That was three years ago. None of us play the game now. It wasn't worth it. But that game is by far the most epical game ever to be created. Only someone that has leveled from 1-70 would know and is allowed to have any input because they have experienced every aspect of the game.

Lol, a game like WoW isnt hardcore. I played WoW I made 1 character, leveled it and realized how stupid it was.

Dont expect me to be sympathetic because you almost got yourself killed by a game addiction, it isn't a drug. You and your stupid friend are weak minded. That doesnt make the **** hardcore, it makes you guys stupid. Hardcore is when you have to truly work at a game because its an actual paying job, you have to practive 8 hours a day playing non stop to get good at it. Not because some random nerd decides he wants to hit level 70 in one day.

Where's the blasted "Close Thread" option when you need it?

*Gets out of chair to purchase these gloves*

Seriously, those are pretty pimp.

lol

good job ur one step closer to being super mario! XD

Back