Are you losing Faith In the Wii-mote and how most games are contolled?

Just be thankful the Wii remote has been completely ignored in most quality games.

kinda, a lot of the games now just use the wii remote as a novelty. Madden is pretty good, shooter games are good but what else is there?

Well, shooters are really the last hope for the Wii's novel control system to bring in the "hardcore" crowd.

So to answer your question, maybe there'll be a good marble madness esque game or something, and swordfighting looks fun on Wii Sports Resort, but other than that...nothing.

Thats pretty much what i'm banking on. Its too bad, designers just aren't as creative?

Metroid is supposedly great (haven't played yet), Resident Evil breathed new life into the already great RE4 from the Gamecube, and The Conduit is coming soon.

I wouldn't say they're less creative, they're still out there. (World of Goo, MadWorld), but most of the crap you see (like the ones the OP bought) are just small devs looking to make a quick buck of the Wii's popularity among uninformed parents.

The biggest games, Brawl, Mario Kart, and Galaxy all used the nunchuck's analog stick for control, or even Gamecube compatibility for the first two.
Brawl and Mario Kart can both be played with just the Wii Remote, but even if you're using the Nunchuck attachment, they still take advantage of the Wii Remote's motion sensing capabilities to an extent, and Mario Galaxy uses the IR. Madden 09 makes great use of the Wii Remote as does Warioland Shake It. Metroid Prime 3 is another and even makes use of the Nunchuck's motion sensing. Boom Blox could have only been made with the Wii Remote. That's several just off the top of my head. Frankly, it's ridiculous to say that all the great games ignore the Wii Remote.

Brawl and Mario Kart can both be played with just the Wii Remote, but even if you're using the Nunchuck attachment, they still take advantage of the Wii Remote's motion sensing capabilities to an extent, and Mario Galaxy uses the IR. Madden 09 makes great use of the Wii Remote as does Warioland Shake It. Metroid Prime 3 is another and even makes use of the Nunchuck's motion sensing. Boom Blox could have only been made with the Wii Remote. That's several just off the top of my head. Frankly, it's ridiculous to say that all the great games ignore the Wii Remote.

Wait wait wait, waggle counts as using the wii remote!?

Ok so today i got Minidesk top racing in the mail and i have been waiting for a week now to play it. I popped it into my Wii and I was really excited because it looked very fun. So I read all the intructions and I was ready to play. In this game you have to use the Wiimote by rotateing it to the left and right while you are holding striaght(not like your driving like mario Kart) MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD NOT MAKE IT AROUND 1 SINGLE LAP. This has got to be the dumbest controls I have ever seen in a video game. I was very dissappointed and really pissed that I even shelled out the 20 bucks ! Anyway Im really starting to question the Controls for alot of Games. It seemed like it was so much fun while I played Wii sports but as soon as I poped in another game(bully, mini desktop racing, transformers, etc) The controls were HORRIBLE !! Im starting to think that whoever owns a Wii should probably buy a PS3 also cause you are defintly not going to satisfy your gaming needs If Nintendo presists on making games were the classic controller is not used. Today I am dissapointed. I think im losing faith In my Wii. Im hoping Mario Kart will restore it for me.:nonod:

Well, first of all ps3 is trash. I had a ps3 already and i thought it sucked. No games at all for ps3. I rather buy a 360 again, but I'm just waiting for the new console. But yea I agree with you on some of the controls. I think the wiimote is excellent for shooting games. I rather point and shoot then move joysticks around. Madden for the wii is so much better because the controls make it fun. I really like Godfather for the wii also. Its not Nintendo's fault that the companies make stupid controls for there games. The wiimote is really fun and probably the future of gaming. I never played that racing game your talking about but I do know that Mario kart wii is fun. Again I rather use a wiimote to steer the car than a joystick. Using joysticks for alot of games just gets old. the only problem I have with nintendo is there lack of hardware. The games are fun, but they need to be improved. Hopefully the wii 2 has HD and the games should be longer and better. Other than that, the wii is fun. The Wii is very successful, so we can bi!@# about it all we want. It won't change nothing. Fishing, Hunting, shooter, racing, and sports games are the best for the wii because the wiimote makes it worth playing. Why box with a useless joystick if you can use your arms? Video games are supposed to be fun. If the next wii has HD then it will outsell the ps4 and 720 I guarantee it!

Back