Best way to keep the 360 cool and without failing?

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
How is the best way to keep your 360 running cool, avoiding console failing and Red Ring of Death. Thanks

No...

Cooling fans only make things worse. They work against the Xbox turbines causing them to overheat. I have cooling fans but its the pelican and I only use it for VGA so I can play on my plasma monitor. I broke off the fans and sawed off the fans so that they do not fuc it up.

Do not listen to this guy because he obviously does not know anything.

Just keep your Xbox in a cool room and well ventilated. Lay it flat down and do not have it standing up like the Wii

T3kNi9e said:
No...

Cooling fans only make things worse. They work against the Xbox turbines causing them to overheat. I have cooling fans but its the pelican and I only use it for VGA so I can play on my plasma monitor. I broke off the fans and sawed off the fans so that they do not fuc it up.

Do not listen to this guy because he obviously does not know anything.

Just keep your Xbox in a cool room and well ventilated. Lay it flat down and do not have it standing up like the Wii

that was rather rude of u

I just keep mine in a cool, open area where there's plenty of air circulating. Mines never gets much hotter than what the wii does really..

Oh yeah, I always switch the console off at the wall once I'm done (obviously shutting it off properly first).

Best thing to do is keep it on a flat cool surface. As in don't put it on the carpet.
Also, don't let it get covered in dust for that would just make it worst.

It also wouldn't hurt for you to open it and clean it every once in a while.

D1nner said:
Isnt that worse than having it horizontal since more surface area of the console is covered? o_O
Laying it flat is horizontal. Vertical is standing it upright, there's more air being sucked at the opposite side of the HDD then the bottom of the 360.

manred: never open your 360, that voids your warranty.

Sovieto said:
the heating of the 360 doesnt have much to do with the red rings of death.
Yes it does, but its not the only reason. There's alot of different things that can go wrong with the 360 and overheating is one of them and probably the most common reason for the failure. The motherboard heats up and gets warped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back