Board For Those Who Are Not Posting Because No-one Else Is Board

Ghost Busters

For the folk among us that do not lurk Smogon/Serebii dayly...yes..I go check serebii news once a day, I have an interesting piece of news that will surely unfold in the next months, while the Darkrai movie is just about out, and we will all soon have legidament black men in our pc, taunting foes with it's dark void....

Something else sneaks out of the darkness,
Its our old uber freind Giratinia.
Giratinia is slated to be in movie 11 with the little green puffball shaiman (who by the way, unlike it's friend manaphy, the other 600 point cute legend of gen 5, is not uber, hes like a not as awesome celebi)

From watching the preview of the 11th movie, you can see a few interesting things. Regigias sleeping with trees growing on top of him, him plowing through the feild, ectera. You can also tell that they are tilting this to a 3 movie mini serise about the battle between the gods (Palkia v. Dialga) that Darkria had stalled out again, and this time it will be Giratinia's time to shine. Why is this important you might ask? It looks like they are going to be reusing a game mechanic similar to the Deoxys mechanic of multiple forms for one Pokemon, effectively stretching the number of pokes in the middle of the generation.

Note, the following is from official art, and from bulbapedia and serebii, so you tell me.

[Source Bulbapedia]
Giratina-OriginForm.png

According to Japan's CoroCoro Magazine, Giratina has two forms. The first ("Another Form") is the form we see in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, and the second is a new "Origin" form which will debut in Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin; it uses this form when travelling through different dimensions.

# Giratina is speculated to be the third counterpart of Dialga and Palkia, in part due to the fact that the three have the same move patterns as well as the same level on which they learn their signature move and therefore also speculated to be the version mascot of the third game, if there is one.

# It is interesting to note that Giratina shares qualites with Pokémon from both the dragon trio and the lake trio. For example, Giratina is a secondary Dragon-type capable of learning several of the same moves as Dialga and Palkia at the same level. However, Giratina is found in a cave near Sendoff Spring, also known as the "fourth lake of Sinnoh." Ironically, the lake trio pixies are also located in caves near (or in their case, on) lakes.

============================================================

Sure, we have speculated Gen 4, Part three, Pokemon: Cubics Zirconium (personal joke) to be emblazoned with that spooky dragon for some time, however, we have most all thought of him to be a Lugia like legend, big, mean, and makes a great wall (I Like lugia better, but you cant complain when you can shadow force out for an extra turn of leftovers recovery, yes, thats the reason why I like Shadow force....[and I <3 signature moves] )....but does this mean brother rayquazza will have some trouble keeping the skies cleared and air locked? Only time will tell on this one...

Strype McClaine, Over and out.

I'd buy the new game. Giratina > Palkia & Dialga IMO.
Thanks for the info, strype.

Tails McCloud~ said:
I'd buy the new game. Giratina > Palkia & Dialga IMO.
Thanks for the info, strype.

I will too, because Im almost POSITIVE the FR/LG/Emerald Move tutors will end up re-appearing over in the land of the new game, hopefully, with even more tutors (The thrid game of the serise always has an ass load of tutors and additional content, I'm kinda excited for the prospect of getting all three legends in one swoop, how they will re-write the story, and how they will change stark mountain.)

As soon as the week-of-tests slacks off, I may have something decent to present. I am force spawing Latios on emerald with my synchronizer Espeons (Timid), keeping any modest ones that pop up, I ment to have it with me today, and see how many I could ceatch between breaks

Last edited:
ya know, i was kinda hoping instead of a new sinnoh game, we get a new johto game. I loved crystal version so much, the music was amazing, the mystery of the unown was cool, and getting suicune was a bit of a challenge. I loved how you can go to kanto after you beat johto. the day and night thing was fun too. the pokegear was really cool. and i especially love the radio station mystery, and the train station, and that you can trade with older versions. i would really love if they remade this, but added the availability of visiting hoenn and sinnoh too.

MikemasterM1 said:
ya know, i was kinda hoping instead of a new sinnoh game, we get a new johto game. I loved crystal version so much, the music was amazing, the mystery of the unown was cool, and getting suicune was a bit of a challenge. I loved how you can go to kanto after you beat johto. the day and night thing was fun too. the pokegear was really cool. and i especially love the radio station mystery, and the train station, and that you can trade with older versions. i would really love if they remade this, but added the availability of visiting hoenn and sinnoh too.

Well, it is still a possibility that a remake of Silver/Gold/Crystal may be in store. Nintendo has ensured the copyright on DawnGold and DuskSilver, they likely would not remake the full gen 2, but just focus on the flagship titles of it.

However The focus of my statement was anticipation of part three of gen 4, but this does bring the thing full circle. consider how important gen 4 is to the series? Almost every aspect and feature of gens 1-3 is in gen 4, trading Pokemon from older games up to the current (sad necessity to do to gen 2, otherwise I would have my original venusar/mewtwo on call, but the special split, and the changes to the IV system, made it manditory), The pokegear became the Pokenav, and later the poketech. The day night feature returned.

What I want to see, is the new features of the final gen 4 game. People talk so lovingly about Crystal, but to me, thats the point. Arguably the finest of the series is Yellow, Crystal, Emerald...because they take the story, and add to it a depth that isnt in the other 2 of that generation.

Weither or not "DuskSilver, DawnGold" comes out, and I hope they do, for sake of ease of aquireing better legends, tutors, and impressive story, remains to be seen, however we nearly have a promise by Nintendo (just out of watching their ways) that their will be a final installment to generation 4, and I am waiting for that, with bated breath, ever since I started battling competitively, for sake of tutors and the post game getting even tougher.

oh, and Kerby Objects
objection.jpg

im positive that there will be a third version to sinnoh, but from what nintendo has done with bringing back red and blue into firered and leaf green coming before emerald (i think), the third installment of hoenn, then i think dusksilver and dawngold will most likely be released before giratina's version.

phoenix_wright_hold_it!.gif

So you're saying that there are two more remakes coming as well?
Well I hope the pattern doesnt repeat, I want to see a Black Version w/Giratina soon.

Tails McCloud~ said:
phoenix_wright_hold_it!.gif

So you're saying that there are two more remakes coming as well?
Well I hope the pattern doesn't repeat, I want to see a Black Version w/Giratina soon.

objection.jpg

Their is no solid evidence to a GSC remake, however, alot of things see
m to say it as a strong possibility.

Ahem [Source: Bulbapedia, Light editing of artical]

• A news report on the red Gyarados
  • Jasmine's appearance in Sunyshore City
  • Professor Elm's report about Pokémon Eggs
  • Cynthia's SecretPotion (in its description, mentions Cianwood City)
  • the Gold and Silver Cards in Pokémon Battle Revolution
  • the Park Balls, which are gold and silver in color, with a light blue band across their middle.
  • hidden in-game data that shows the games have the ability to trade with a Johto based game
  • when presented with Oak's Letter, Prof. Oak sates that the white rock on Route 224 in Sinnoh has a counterpart in Kanto. In previous generations, no such rock has been seen. As Kanto was in Gold and Silver, Kanto's white rock could be a Generation IV addition that would appear in a remake, and would also lead to the Shaymin event so as to maintain compatibility.
  • Nintendo took the incentive to copyright DuskGold and DawnSilver, it shows they might be considering a remake.

None of this evidence is solid proof
1-ani-phoenix-document.gif

And yet, it does show some motivation to remake the metal series onto the ds age, giving the ability to play a copy of all gen games onto the DS, damned convenient don't you think?
Concider the following time lines.
Generation 1 - Color
Red/Blue September 1, 1998.
Yellow October 1, 1999.
Generation 2 - Metal
Gold/Silver October 15, 2000
Crystal Jul 30, 2001
Generation 3 - Advance
Ruby/Sapphire Mar 17, 2003
Fire/Leaf Sep 09, 2004
Emerald May 01, 2005
Generation 4 - ?
Diamond/Pearl April 22, 2007

Between generations their is about a 2 year period, the exception to this is gen one, but lets face it, by the time yellow hit the states, they were playing Gold, thats why their was the feeling of Pokemon game spam in the early gens, but that two year lag between generations existed. But the tempo has since then stabilized out somewhat. It hits The flagship, one year or so passes (in case of gen 3, the remakes, then another year), and then the "directors cut" comes out, like Y/C/E/?

I rest my case...
I need to go buy pheonix wright 2&3 when I get cash.
If you don't believe me, ask pheonix

Last edited:
MikemasterM1 said:
omg that was great evidence dude! after that explanation, i know we'll be seeing dusksilver and dawngold soon

I don't think so, I have a bit of faith in the pkmn games, its my personal prediction, but I think the GSC remake might go to a Wii game, but I was just re-iderateing the evidence that has been building for the past few months, but I think that is the change the game needs, however the trick to making arguments is picking a side, and trying to prove it.

I only play the handhelds...
Well Giratina was my favorite legend from gen 4 so if there is a 3rd game then it should be Onyx Version.

Judge said:
... o_- you two have become too into this

I just have fun with what I do.
I lucked up into $4 copy of psychonauts, and im amazed at the all star cartoon acting class.

The guy who did Raz does Lazzlo he monkey, I mean, just little things its like, OOH, I know that guy's voice!!

Back