Can God Commit Suicide?

He can die if you use a lot of force

I learned that from Gardain heros

I think that yes, God (if he exists) could commit suicide. By definition omnipotence means you can do anything. The way around it I see is, by commiting suicide God relinquishes that omnipotence, hence no paradox.

This is how it goes. God protects us. Its referred to by christians as, "Gods hand rest upon you."
If God raises his hand, you're open game, and you don't want to be open game. Possesions, mysterious bitemarks, mid-night rape sessions that make you feel like youre on fire, nightmares, seeing things in the mirror, hearing voices, seeing a creature right in front of you, and death happens to open game. No God, no protection
But none of that crap happens to good virtuous Christians?

I think that yes, God (if he exists) could commit suicide. By definition omnipotence means you can do anything. The way around it I see is, by commiting suicide God relinquishes that omnipotence, hence no paradox.

But none of that crap happens to good virtuous Christians?
Not sure I understand what your asking. Are you asking if it would happen if God died?

Not sure I understand what your asking. Are you asking if it would happen if God died?
You said, God's hamd on you protects you from stuff like "seeing things in the mirror, hearing things...", but that stuff happens to people, including Christians. So is God just slacking off or something?

You said, God's hamd on you protects you from stuff like "seeing things in the mirror, hearing things...", but that stuff happens to people, including Christians. So is God just slacking off or something?
OOOHHH... no no no.

What I'm talking about is a full on assault. Constantly harassed by demonic beings.

No not at all. Its those who dive so far into sin (and we're talking FAR, like Satanist far) he raises his hand.
The way Christians say it, you may not believe in him, but he loves you nonetheless, or something like that.

I really don't think much about god unless provoked. I can't say what god can do. God is unpredictable. He embodies what I don't know... What I'll never know. Figuring god out is impossible. I'm too tired to really explain my thoughts.

No not at all. Its those who dive so far into sin (and we're talking FAR, like Satanist far) he raises his hand.
The way Christians say it, you may not believe in him, but he loves you nonetheless, or something like that.
Ah, okay.

Note: Contrary to popular belief, most Satanists don't actually worship the devil. Rather, he is seen merely as a symbol for desire and self-indulgence (as opposed to the charity and selflessness of most other religions).

about being satanist, i think we can ask darkprinny
:shifty:

i believe god doesnt exist so he cant commit suicide.

Wait a minute here people!! We're taking quite the step here. We haven't even figured out why the chicken crossed the road here!! Or if the chicken came before the egg and now we're asking if god can kill himself. My personal thought is that he would have a LONG time ago. We're all too dumb. Or perhaps it amuses him. It must get old after some million years though.

For the Free Will question, yes.. God gave his children free will, and you do have it even though he is all knowing of what is going to happen.

e.g. I know my fiance would eat a bowl of a cereal over a dead rat. If I were to set them both before my fiance, it is safe to say she will not eat the dead rat. Knowing this is not taking away the freedom of Catherine since she is freely choosing one over the other.

For God being able to kill himself.. If he can, then he is not immortal.. if he can't, then he is not omnipotent.

A thought..

You can’t kill what has never been born.

If god exists and is not ‘self’ aware then suicide is a non issue since it only becomes a consideration when there is awareness of a ‘self’; an objective self that can be acted upon, i.e. cause and effect and all. If god is other then manifestation, objectification etc, if god is pure subjectivity god cannot know god as a subject knows an object, but only as being, and as such, being cannot ‘act’ upon being as 'being' transcends causal relations.

I really don't think much about god unless provoked. I can't say what god can do. God is unpredictable. He embodies what I don't know... What I'll never know. Figuring god out is impossible. I'm too tired to really explain my thoughts.

God is only impossible to figure out, if you don't try. It's not immensely difficult when you think deeply enough about it.

Wait a minute here people!! We're taking quite the step here. We haven't even figured out why the chicken crossed the road here!! Or if the chicken came before the egg and now we're asking if god can kill himself. My personal thought is that he would have a LONG time ago. We're all too dumb. Or perhaps it amuses him. It must get old after some million years though.
If you believe in Creationism, the chicken came first, if you believe in evolution the chicken came first.

Back