Can the Wii have done better?

Someone said that the gamecube didnt max out graphics until Resident Evil 4. This is true. What sucks is thats the best the Wii will look as well. The Wii is a white gamecube. Could the Wii have done better? Of course it could. The Wii is bascially a guinea pig for the next system they make. This system is pure test to see how gamers react to the system. This is why Nintendo didnt put any more money into the graphics and cpu speed. Wait till Nintendos next machine rolls out. They will come out and say this time we are competing with Sony and Microsoft.

Lethal said:
Someone said that the gamecube didnt max out graphics until Resident Evil 4. This is true. What sucks is thats the best the Wii will look as well. The Wii is a white gamecube. Could the Wii have done better? Of course it could. The Wii is bascially a guinea pig for the next system they make. This system is pure test to see how gamers react to the system. This is why Nintendo didnt put any more money into the graphics and cpu speed. Wait till Nintendos next machine rolls out. They will come out and say this time we are competing with Sony and Microsoft.

Thats a big load of crap. If you've read any of the specifications of the Wii and any announcements. The wii, without people using its max capabilities is around 1.5-2.5x better then gamecube. WHEN publishers decide to use its MAX, whenever that is. it will be much greater then gamecube.

EDIT: And Personally, if i was nintendo. i wouldnt of made a 600-800$ system either with doing the big 'Motion-Sensor' risk jump they did.

Last edited:
Twilight Prince said:
I think the Wii could be a lot better! Why didn't Nintendo add more memory or better graphics. It could easily be the best! I know Nintendo wanted to make an afordable console that was fun to use but this is serious!

More memory and better graphics come at a price. When I found out that the wii was only 250, I was hooked. But for better graphics and more memory, you're pushing for a much bigger bank account.

theres allways room for improvments, the graphics are state of the art imo, but it defebatly needs more system memory, i wouldnt have minded playing a little more for more storage. allthough im not complaining, i love the fact that it was 250$, thats why i got it personally!

PtonJalken said:
Thats a big load of crap. If you've read any of the specifications of the Wii and any announcements. The wii, without people using its max capabilities is around 1.5-2.5x better then gamecube. WHEN publishers decide to use its MAX, whenever that is. it will be much greater then gamecube.

Your an idiot. The specs are the same as the original Xbox. Dont even bother responding.

PtonJalken said:
The "Same" as Gamecube and the "Same" as Xbox are a little different bud.

yes, way different, gamecube has way better "grafx" imo, but they defenatly arent the same in power, i mean the xbox even has the hardrive, so u cant say they have the same specs.

and also, dont forget about the tiny dvds that the gamecube plays games on!

wiirules123 said:
the wii has alot better graphics then the xbox and gamecube stupid. lethal is an idiot

Ummm ok. Too bad the same games out for the PS2 and Wii look better on the PS2. The graphics are not any better on the Wii you moron. And the specs of the Wii are identical to the Xbox.

You are all idiots if you think Nintendo didnt make this machine just to test controller idea. The wiimote is far from perfected. Nintendo didnt want to put lots of money into something that could have flopped. Once Nintendo sees there is a market for this idea they will put together one hell of a machine. But the Wii right now is nothing than a guinea pig for the next console.

Last edited:
I think the Wii could be better, not in hardware though.

I'd really, really like to see a way where you could buy games and get the sent to your door through the WiiShop Channel. Nintendo could cut a deal with Amazon or something.

Obviously having to enter credit card details each time with the remote would be annoying, and saving credit card details on your account could be insecure, so I'd use Wii Points - after all you only get these by spending money anyway...

Lethal said:
Ummm ok. Too bad the same games out for the PS2 and Wii look better on the PS2. The graphics are not any better on the Wii you moron. And the specs of the Wii are identical to the Xbox.

prove this show a link or something. the same games do not look better on a ps2 than a wii. show me side by side comparsions:prrr:

wiirules123 said:
Lethal said:

prove this show a link or something. the same games do not look better on a ps2 than a wii. show me side by side comparsions:prrr:

Hmmmmm. Tell you what. Go play COD3 on the PS2 for yourself and tell me its not better than the Wii. I have played all the games on the Wii and PS2 and from experience I can see the PS2 looks better. Why? BECAUSE THE WII IS RUNNING 480I/P AND PS2 IS 720P YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The PS2 will always look better. Jesus christ! Looking at the system specs you really think the Wii looks better than the nearly identical machine in the PS2 that has a much better display?

one thing i just wanna say, people keep saying whats the point in blu-ray, you can fit much more data on a blu-ray disk which means bigger games and better graphics put into the games, i think the wii could have done much better, but then you add an extra $100-200, which i'm not sure would make it too special, i wouldn't of got one if it cost any more

Lethal said:
wiirules123 said:
Hmmmmm. Tell you what. Go play COD3 on the PS2 for yourself and tell me its not better than the Wii. I have played all the games on the Wii and PS2 and from experience I can see the PS2 looks better. Why? BECAUSE THE WII IS RUNNING 480I/P AND PS2 IS 720P YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The PS2 will always look better. Jesus christ! Looking at the system specs you really think the Wii looks better than the nearly identical machine in the PS2 that has a much better display?

Name one game on PS2 that is TRUE 720P...that is not simply "upscaled"? None...

Back