Cannot connect to shop channel

knownSO

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
Cannot access Shop Channel

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has had a problem accessing the Shop Channel. I seem to get a black screen (watched it for 10min+) all the time when I try to access it. Is my Wii broke? :scared:

me no problems, I can see the games available to purchase. Check if you are connected.

hmm not really sure either. I was testing it out all day and actually I got on the Shopping channel once! After that I started to get the black screen again. On a side note the black screen has happened on different occasions today. :( Once while I started Trauma Center (game didnt even boot up), another while trying Resident Evil 4 (game didn't boot as well, then lastly just moments ago, got the black screen trying to access the memory manager. I've come to the conclusion that I have a defect. Strangely enough I don't see anyone (or not that I have found) having the same problem as me. :(

update: ok I guess this problem isn't 100% but more like 2/10 times it happens.

Last edited:
I had the shopping channel hang on load last night, first time since sunday i had a problem of any kind other than frustrations trying to figure out how to make my mac play nice with my wii

I cant seem to get connected either. No school for kids and no work means lots of people are probably online jamming the server.

Hi, I got my wii on sunday and I was able to access the shop channel all day, but since then I haven't been able to access it at home, and I brought my wii with me on vacation and I can't access it here either. (and yes, I did get it connected to the wifi here no problem).

more and more people are getting their Wii and sorting out connection issues, and taking a break from Zelda to check it out, most likely. Despite Nintendo saying everything is going smoothly, the honest to god truth is it's selling way faster than they had imagined in their wildest dreams. The server is likely just overloaded. Wait until you've finished an almost all night zelda session (I've been up til an average of 3:00am every night with my Wii and I work 9-5) and try it then, should be less traffic.

I have a problem where my Wii just has Connecting, Please wait... with the circling blue light and I can't cancel it or even turn my Wii off, anyone got any suggestions? :s

Chaz said:
I have a problem where my Wii just has Connecting, Please wait... with the circling blue light and I can't cancel it or even turn my Wii off, anyone got any suggestions? :s

Try pressing the "Home" button on the Wiimote.

@ knownSO - I had the same problem for a couple days. All I had to do to fix it was change one setting in my router. Just go into your wireless settings and change the Channel to either 1 or 11.
Once I did that, I had no problems connecting to the Shop Channel. :)

OnceTheMan said:
Try pressing the "Home" button on the Wiimote.

@ knownSO - I had the same problem for a couple days. All I had to do to fix it was change one setting in my router. Just go into your wireless settings and change the Channel to either 1 or 11.
Once I did that, I had no problems connecting to the Shop Channel. :)
This is what I did as well. 11 didnt work for me, 1 did.

I have the same problem as Chaz.

It sometimes gets onto the 2nd screen you see when loading the shop channel but hangs there indefinately. Only cure is removing the power as the home button is disabled on this screen.

Now then: My Wii is in my Router's DMZ, The wireless channel is 1 and always has been. If I change it to 11, nobody can connect to the router. I can get weather updates and other things are no problem...Oh, other than the messaging which takes hours upon hours to get through to people.

User Agreement

Make sure you go to wii settings/internet/user agreement and agree to the internet usage agreement, I think even after an update. After you go through those steps, you should be able to connect. I battled this for two days before I figured it out...:mad5:

Good Luck...

shane

Chaz said:

I have the same problem. I have been trying to connect to the shop for few weeks and still got no luck. Everytime I have to switch off the console if it just keeps "Connecting, PLease wait..." .

I got no problem with mailing, but it just takes ages to go throught. I did the agreement thing many times and change the router channel from 1 to 11, 11 to 1 ...etc. Still don't know what the problem is !

I got connected to the router successfully and got the code 073112 . Please help me out ! Otherwise, I need to call them for a replacement. :mad2:

Back