Chkdsk

ciper said:
I didnt. I called him a moron for not knowing about the Mac he owns.

My most recent Macs include a G4 Titanium and 1.52GHZ PPC mini. I personally prefer my Dell running 10.4.8 and 10.4.9

Oh ok, I wish I had a Mac.

ciper said:
How new is your PC? I'm sure you could run OSX 10.4.8 on it easily.

If you want to torture yourself why not try Safari Beta 3 for windows?

My PC is nearly 2 years old and the funny thing is that I downloaded safari beta 3 the other day and I love it!
Lee

What chipset does it use? You can run CPUZ to find out. If its a common chipset and supports at least SSE2 you should be good. If you really want to run OSX I could point you in the right direction.

I wouldn't waste time creating the image under VMWare like most do. Its better just to create some extra space on your current drive and do a direct native install. 12gbs is plenty for the OS/Swap/Applications.

ciper said:
What chipset does it use? You can run CPUZ to find out. If its a common chipset and supports at least SSE2 you should be good. If you really want to run OSX I could point you in the right direction.

I wouldn't waste time creating the image under VMWare like most do. Its better just to create some extra space on your current drive and do a direct native install. 12gbs is plenty for the OS/Swap/Applications.

I will find out tomorrow but my hard drive has around 130gb free so that's one thing ;)
I may need to upgrade my RAM as it's only 512mb , all I can say is that it runs ok in general use but isn't the mac OS really power-hungry? Maybe I need to upgrade my graphics card too as it is a crappy intel one.
lee

I booted into OSX to check memory use. Right now I'm posting this from Firefox and the total ram used is 354 according to activity monitor.
You might be surprised how fast OSX is. Far faster than a real MAC!

oooooooooooh that it is crappy. I'm running 3.2 GHz Pentium D and 1024 RAM, and these days that's considered crappy...

Back