Christians

NateTheGreat said:
^Outstanding essay, SamuS!:) Extremely thorough yet understandable to anyone.

Was this an essay for school/college or did you write it specifically for this thread?

4 the thread,
some of it is from ethical essays of mine, and some is harvested from the web.

Yeah the essay is just great - I agree with what you said on so many levels. These issues are often not easy to solve or work out because they are very grey areas of society and most people in conservative countries like to see everything as black and white, good and bad, heaven and hell, and left and right.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
NateTheGreat - That quote from Gandhi just about sums up what I view *most* mainstream Christians as. There are a couple of geniune Christians I've come across and made friends with because they respect everybody and do not push/preach their Christianity unless the other person is interested in knowing more about it.

I've lagged a bit behind by a day XD.

SamuS said:
Read or die

yes sir! do i have a choice :( :drool: i didnt read the verses but i read the rest of the stuff and i dont understand why people insist upon trying to controll other people. I know that Christians lie/exaggerate/make up points to prove a truth in their mind (marth master :/ ive heard stories like that, i dont believe them...) i had a 'teacher' tell me (he was a video teacher cause i am video homeschooled...) that more than 50% of all AIDs carrying people were homosexuals. Enough said, if you look at numbers, that is impossible. (and he wasnt talking about percentages, he was talking about sheer numbers, and that is why he is anti-wanting homosexuals in the army lmao... you get AIDs tested b4 the army anyways... Sadly many people are convinced by these stories giving them radical views. A story that i was told...

A girl was walking down the street alone. She was a Christian. A grubby looking man was at the corner of the alley that she was to walk through. She walked by. He didn't do anything. The same grubby man raped the next lady who walked by. Now when he was asked why he didnt rape the first, he said two people were with her.

People take this as that she had angels surrounding her. Its rather simple. Her two brothers must have been walking next to her. :blush2: lmao...

Solard said:
yes sir! do i have a choice :( :drool: i didnt read the verses but i read the rest of the stuff and i dont understand why people insist upon trying to controll other people. I know that Christians lie/exaggerate/make up points to prove a truth in their mind (marth master :/ ive heard stories like that, i dont believe them...) i had a 'teacher' tell me (he was a video teacher cause i am video homeschooled...) that more than 50% of all AIDs carrying people were homosexuals. Enough said, if you look at numbers, that is impossible. (and he wasnt talking about percentages, he was talking about sheer numbers, and that is why he is anti-wanting homosexuals in the army lmao... you get AIDs tested b4 the army anyways... Sadly many people are convinced by these stories giving them radical views. A story that i was told...

A girl was walking down the street alone. She was a Christian. A grubby looking man was at the corner of the alley that she was to walk through. She walked by. He didn't do anything. The same grubby man raped the next lady who walked by. Now when he was asked why he didnt rape the first, he said two people were with her.

People take this as that she had angels surrounding her. Its rather simple. Her two brothers must have been walking next to her. :blush2: lmao...

Heh, angel's are kick ass. :smilewinkgrin:

On the verses, many are taken out of context, but hold an interesting point on the nature of God.

Is the moral action good becuse God commands it?
Or does God command the moral action because it's good?

(The euthyphro dilemma)

Where's that Christian guy i quoted? I'd like to argue with him/her.

kissoff182 said:
I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.

That is pretty much my exact point of view on the whole christian thing! Also, I don't see why people go to church every so whenever to go 'praise the lord' or talk about how great it was when jesus was alive or whatever... (Oh I don't mean to offend those people that actually do that...)

ssbb_lover said:
>.> How do you think I get on?! I homeschool. :) And if you're not a nerd i'm in NO WAY A NERD. :lol: Jk, but I think everyone on this site is a nerd at least a lil' bit, even if it's not to do w/ gamin :rolleyes:. Also, the reason why most homeschoolers are Christian, is because most ppl don't want their kids to get mixed in w/ that public school ****, it corrupts your mind if you fall for it. :sick: So, the Christian families, to make sure their kids get a good, Christian upbringing, teach their own kids, that way they know what's being put into their minds. :)

*EDIT* When I say, "good Christian upbringing", i'm in now way saying that being brought up as a Christian is the only way to grow up good, I just mean that's the typical mindset of Christian parents. :)
yeah all the public school ****, based on facts, and scientific proof, rather than just the normal **** from a book.

Marthmaster said:
yes abortion is wrong, it's murder. it's killing a human being. and as for hell, try this story, and see if it changes your view, and yes, it's true:

A girl and 3 of her friends were constantly being begged to come to church, (christian) and finally, they got sick of being asked, and they came for a wednesday night service. they started talking, laughing, and just disrupting the service. Finally, the pastor asked, "Would the parents please go sit with the girls in the back? It's really disrupting." Nobody moved. After the service, the pastor went up and asked if the girls were saved, and none of them were. One of the girls told the pastor to his face, "I'm going to go make hell tonight for the first time in my life." The pastor was shocked that a young girl such as her would go out and do that, and started to talk to her about the bible and what God had done for her. She finally told him she had to go, to meet her friends at the party. (It was a make-out party, that kinda thing.) On the way, she got into a car accident. the pastor came to see her at the hospital, and just before he left, she started screaming:
"AAAGGGGHHH!!! IT BURNS!!! IT'S HOT! IT'S HOT! DON'T LET ME GO THERE GOD! I CAN FEEL THE FIRE CREEPING UP MY LEGS! I'M ON FIRE! HELP! HELP! SAVE ME! SAVE ME PASTOR! IT BURNS!! IT BURNS!!!"
she then died. she was slipping into hell as she was dying. she was in perfect health too, before the accident.

i can go further, but i think that sums up my point.
Abortion is far from a bad thing, kill one life, but save another, or **** two peoples lifes over???

SamuS said:
Ask just about anyone. They'll all tell you they're in favor of equal rights for homosexuals. Just name the situation, and ask. They'll all say, yes, gays should have the same rights in housing, jobs, public accomodations, and should have equal access to government benefits, equal protection of the law, etcetera, etcetera.

Then you get to gay marriage.

And that's when all this talk of equality stops dead cold.

More than half of all people in the United States oppose gay marriage, even though three fourths are otherwise supportive of gay rights. This means that many of the same people who are even passionately in favor of gay rights oppose gays on this one issue.
Well lets get something clear, it's not done in a ****ing church, therefore it shouldn't bother you, it's not even called a ****ing marriage, your just calling it that, it's actually a civil partnership, and the reason they do it, is so they can get the advantages of being a 'married' couple.

Last edited:
hmm is that why straight people get married. I dont think you can make that assumption, Gaz :/

Solard said:
hmm is that why straight people get married. I dont think you can make that assumption, Gaz :/

Why the hell else would they do it? They can't bear children from sex.

Gaz said:
Well lets get something clear, it's not done in a ****ing church, therefore it shouldn't bother you, it's not even called a ****ing marriage, your just calling it that, it's actually a civil partnership, and the reason they do it, is so they can get the advantages of being a 'married' couple.

You are aware that in some countries (such as Canada), gays can actually have a real wedding (not just a civil partnership), right? I think gays in other countries should be able to have a proper wedding if they want as well.

I feel I should also point out that many American states don't even offer civil partnerships.

Gaz said:
well not to long ago massachusetts made GAY MARRIAGE legal. the first U.S. state to do it:eek:ut:

Back