clones

waluigi123 said:
Captain falcon is not a clone ganadorf is the clone. He is a gooky dufas that is just liek captain falcon , but fatter and a lot slower. Captain Falcon used to be the fastest in the game till sonic came.

Okay first of all, "Gooky dufas"? Does that even make sense to you?

Second: If the reason that you are calling Ganondorf a clone is because CF was(Melee) and is in the starting roster and Ganondorf came after(had to be unlocked) then that is a really weak point. The reason Ganondorf wasn't in the starting roster is because The Legend of Zelda already had 2 playable characters in the SR, Link and Zelda. Nintendo didn't want to fill the starting roster with just their two best selling games (Mario series and Zelda series) they wanted variety.

Thirdly: CF is lucky to be in Smash, at least lucky compared to Ganondorf. Nintendo wanted to put characters in Melee that most of their audience would recognize and enjoy. So they looked at the two best selling series', Mario and Zelda. The Mario series has tons of characters in Melee and Brawl because (most if not) all of Nintendo fans recognize them. Same with the Zelda series, only, Nintendo didn't have as much choice in who to choose to put into the game. Link and Zelda were a given and so was Ganondorf but that was it so they put Young Link in (Young Link should have been replaced by Skullkid). If you take a look at how many people know of Ganon or Ganondorf and compare it to the number who know of Capt. Falcon. I swear to you that Ganondorf is more popular with the numbers.

Finally: Ganondorf is not "fat", the reason he is slow is because he is strong and is muscular.

Your reasons (if any) suck.

Last edited:
(melee) ganon was a clone because aside from looks and speed/power you had the same kicks and punches. you had 1 really different move which was the A forward in the air. he maybe my melee favorite but hes a clone.

i wouldnt call CF lucky. come on even ness made it back in and without japanese spoilers i would of never thought that would happen.

I agree that they had nearly the same move list but to say Ganondorf was a clone when he, Ganondorf was most-likely decided to be put in the game b4 CF is just unfair.

If it was either Ganondorf or CF Nintendo would have probably chosen Ganondorf for the reasons I said above.

I hear that Wolf is just like Fox except heavier and stronger. Toon Link seems like a clone to me....but other than that I say that characters like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco are different enough

Shoko said:
I hear that Wolf is just like Fox except heavier and stronger. Toon Link seems like a clone to me....but other than that I say that characters like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco are different enough

What he said.
No clones at all.

COLDshiver said:
I don't know what to call them because "clone" is a little harsh because it would mean they are exact copies.
i got a new word. offspring.

to Subarnu: i think their difference in speed and agility made them way too different to be clones even if they have very similar movesets. and your right if CF wasn't in smash 64 i would have no clue who he was. ganon on the other hand is a classic. but i dont believe CF is lucky to be in the series. they pretty much took every game they wanted to advertise and made one or two characters a fighter haha. with regards to melee however. legend of zelda actually had 3 characters. sheik has always been viewed (by nintendo) as a completely seperate character

to hicks31: i feel the same. and the fact that the spacies all have similar specials to me seems fitting... why would they have specials foreign to each other? do you really think they'd know different specials all coming from the same space ship? its like a star wars character weilding an ax.

to COLDshiver:
yes these are similar. but like i said to hicks. if they are from the same game or series does it not make sense that their specials look the same? nobody complains that mario and luigi have similar specials because it makes sense that the brothers would be alike. such should be the same reasoning with the other series' to me.

to PrinceLink:
dont know if you know this already but dojo released the falco unlock the other day showing his moves. he is now nothing like fox in close combat. and lucas has a tether recovery. to me toon link is the closest.. but once again difference in speed makes them too different to be clones for me

to waluigi123: not sure what a 'gooky dufas is'.. but he's pretty different to me... i main CF but get owned with gano

to Shoke:
i've seen some wolf videos and he has a unique ground attack move set and i THINK his arials are too. watch a vid. his f smash has super range. other than that i agree with your post

to KTIGZ: short and sweet lol your on the list

to Lugia: offspring is a good way to describe it lol

to mushroomedmario: i'm with you on that one. your on the list

I think they are not exact clones, but more like different versions of the same product.

They all have unique subtle nuances about them, different b moves, different weight, speed,power,etc. But the fact that the core game play of certain characters feel strikingly similar shouldn't be ignored IMO.

If they had given the characters more thought, and coded them all originally, they could have made the game a much better experience. But they'd rather take the same coding for a previous character, tweak it, and slap a new skin on the sprite and rename it.

I think the whole reason for this endless debate is due to lack of creativity and time constraints on Sakurai's part.

It's easier to modify and existing idea and market it as a new concept; rather than create a whole new concept from scratch.

So in a nutshell I think yes there are clones; although I'd call them sommething else personally.

I used to call them clones back in melee. Now I'm calling them quazi-clones. They're different enough to be different characters, but I wish Sakurai had taken the next step.
Overall though, I don't think they're clones.

to Extra Life Mushroom:
thanks for your post i put you on the list. however i disagree with your reasoning. the core gameplay LOOKS strikingly similar but doesn't FEEL similar at all. play five games each of fox then falco, or CF then gannon. they FEEL opposite in many ways. and correction its actually their a button moves that set them apart from each other. but people in this forum like to focus on the visuals and specials so they are believed to be clones by many.

on the visual aspect. as you say they are different skins of each other... but why not? should falco and fox really have completely different coding if they are both the same creature? same with link and toon like. if they are similar characters in their original stand alones why not in smash?

to luigi man: chant continued *no clones, no clones, no clones* lol :)

to GigaRidley:
what do you think the next step would have been?

^ anyone in preticular your refering to or everyone considered a 'clone'

Back