clones

^^ who knows

out of the blue brings back chant "there are no clones there are no clones there are no clones"

When he said Luigified he probably meant that they're similar to how Luigi is "cloned" off Mario.
I'm just going to compare him to Mario from Melee since I haven't played Brawl. Most of his special, beside the forward one, are the same as Mario. His smash looks similar as well. But then there's differences too, like his midair A is quicker, enough to distinguish him from Mario so that he can't be easily called a "clone."

No character is an EXACT clone, but there are a lot that are similar (Falco/Fox/Wolf for example). Falco and Fox do handle a little differently in my opinion, but they are VERY similar. Put me in the semi-clone list.

I agree with Aions. If you can;t see the obvious clones running rampant throughout the game then you're choosing voluntary ignorance.

The roster has quite a few clones but the Final Smashes are chock FULL of cloned moves. I guess this goes to show how tired Sakurai really is with the series.
I mean yeah he did a great job, but the lack of originality in the final smashes and the roster of this game is astounding, I'm disappointed that he employed the same tweaking tactics of melee to brawl just to beef up the roster count again. Only this time he clones final smashes as well.

Granted I'm thankful for the game and glad to soon have it, but at the same time I wish he didn't just half-ass attempt parts of it.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I agree with Aions. If you can;t see the obvious clones running rampant throughout the game then you're choosing voluntary ignorance.

The roster has quite a few clones but the Final Smashes are chock FULL of cloned moves. I guess this goes to show how tired Sakurai really is with the series.
I mean yeah he did a great job, but the lack of originality in the final smashes and the roster of this game is astounding, I'm disappointed that he employed the same tweaking tactics of melee to brawl just to beef up the roster count again. Only this time he clones final smashes as well.

Granted I'm thankful for the game and glad to soon have it, but at the same time I wish he didn't just half-ass attempt parts of it.
I agree whole-heartedly with the Final Smash part. However, telling everyone they're dumb isn't exactly going to help them look at what you think.

sorry to everyone for delayed addition on lists and this delayed reply i was on vacation this weekend.

to Nick Attack: your opinion is valued in this thread and i thank you for stating it but this is a thread made for arguementation so saying not to argue seems useless.
to your previous comment. i believe you can. because of the differences in feel, play style, move sets (some more than others), and appearance i believe there are none

to Douten: i actually agree with your opinion because in all truth the judgement all comes down to each one's own interpretation of the word 'clone'. i like to say that there are many similar characters but no clones

to Vigilante: on your comment involving toon link did you mean that he is MORE or LESS like a clone in your opinion?

to Tomatktchp: i agree. if people call luigi a clone of mario... in my opinion they have little knowledge of the game... if anyone objects i will state my reasons

to CocoSSBB: you said the spacies feel similar. have you played brawl then?

to Aions: why so forward about it? lol and gannon shares a similar move set with CF but EVERYTHING else is almost opposite. -weight, speed, strength, fall speed

to Extra Life Mushroom: i agree with the final smashes. although i hadent considered them an integral part of the clone war as i call it until you meantioned it.

to Dkw0101: will do. care to tell us why your on the fence?

Last edited:
there is no such thing as clones in my opinion, the only thing i consider clones are when 2 people are using different characters, but even then it cant be called clones, because 2 people have different fighting styles. so, for me, to be classified a clone you have to be the exact same, technique, looks, strategy and streangh, and thats just almost impossible to accomplish

similar is a different story

Well if we want to get technical here, as others have said, no one is an actual clone, even the links, and a clone is an exact replica, so... but me on no clones, because they're no identical characters.

Like Douten said, it depends on what you think is a clone.i.e. Falco is similar to fox, yes, but he isn't a clone. Put me on the fence.

This is off topic but wouldn't it be weird if real-life clones were playing as two Luigis?

Spiff is completely right. So called "Clones" are not clones because of their weight differences (one example) even though they may have close to the same move doesn't mean it is the same. If Ganondorf used his punch on someone, then CF did his Falcon Punch on someone the result would be completely different. So much different that they deserve to be called "their" own move.

Back