Console Sales

Sovieto said:
dude, this is a ps3 section
We're talking about PS3.

Not everyone here is a Wii-fanboy. I support both Sony and Nintendo.

To be honest, I wish the PS3 would be more successful. Success spurs competition which leads to better products (i.e. Wii).

Not everything in this forum has to be positive.

But check my post above for an article about low demand and high supply regarding the PS3.

I don't agree with the Next Gen Wars sales figures. Nintendo says they'll be over 6 million by, March. Many claim Sony broke 1 million, but didn't count X-mas returns. Microsoft has not broken 10 million yet. When they do, they will announce it. Right now Next Gen wars is as close as you will come to current sales figures. I heard the real sales figures will be posted by the end of the month on websites like Gamespot.

PS3's are sitting on the shelves of MULTIPLE game stores. This isn't limited to any particular city either. Multiple states in the US are reporting this. Something is wrong with that. 2 weeks ago I was in a game store. 3 60gb PS3's sitting on the shelf. Plain as day. BAM!! 3 seperate people asked for Wii's while I was in the store. I asked the sales guy how many hours they had been there. He said 3 days. C'mon bro. Something is really wrong with that picture. Mind you this was on a friday.......A PAY DAY!!!

CrowTRobot said:
We're talking about PS3.

Not everyone here is a Wii-fanboy. I support both Sony and Nintendo.

To be honest, I wish the PS3 would be more successful. Success spurs competition which leads to better products (i.e. Wii).

Not everything in this forum has to be positive.

But check my post above for an article about low demand and high supply regarding the PS3.
you dont take 1 quote and then go off that, if you continue to read the post it talks about stop trying to make the ps3 look bad just cause you love the wii blah blah blah

Sovieto said:
you dont take 1 quote and then go off that, if you continue to read the post it talks about stop trying to make the ps3 look bad just cause you love the wii blah blah blah
I read the whole thing, I just didn't feel like quote the whole post.

And if you had read all of MY post, you would have seen that I want Sony (and thus, the PS3) to do well because that will mean better products for everyone.

I own a PS1 and 2. I love those two systems. I didn't like the Gamecube...I love the Wii...I don't like PS3.

Does everyone have to justify why they don't like a console?

I think everyone can agree its not really demand anymore, at least where I live (in Ontario, Canada) ps3's are sitting on the shelfs, and wii's are still very difficult to find. Not that I care really its plain and simple why wii's are selling more, its less than half the price of the ps3. I would love to own a ps3 but its just too expensive right now with the library of games not really appealing to me. I was a huge ps1 and ps2 fan (still play it regularly, guitar hero 2 is a great game :cornut: ), but withholding buying a ps3.

Maybe when there more software support I will be tempted to purchase one, but ill wait a year and see. Im pretty confident sony will pick it up and gain the same support they had for the past two systems, and I hope so because they gave me countless hours of enjoyment.

Tyr10 said:
I think everyone can agree its not really demand anymore, at least where I live (in Ontario, Canada) ps3's are sitting on the shelfs, and wii's are still very difficult to find. Not that I care really its plain and simple why wii's are selling more, its less than half the price of the ps3. I would love to own a ps3 but its just too expensive right now with the library of games not really appealing to me. I was a huge ps1 and ps2 fan (still play it regularly, guitar hero 2 is a great game :cornut: ), but withholding buying a ps3.

Maybe when there more software support I will be tempted to purchase one, but ill wait a year and see. Im pretty confident sony will pick it up and gain the same support they had for the past two systems, and I hope so because they gave me countless hours of enjoyment.

That's the same thing people would say about the Gamecube. "I'll just wait a year and see what happens when there are more titles for it." Guess what? Most of those people ended up not buying a Gamecube, even though it had great games. Much like the poor Dreamcast. Definately a better system that the PS1. Better games, better controller, first system to have online ability, but it still didn't do well. If the initial launch fails then the system fails.

None of the systems launch failed. In fact the ps3 and wii did better than expected and are still doing well.

Wii&Ps3 said:
None of the systems launch failed. In fact the ps3 and wii did better than expected and are still doing well.

um not really ps3 launch did not do better than they expected it did terrible because of the lack of the blue lasers .. wii on the other hand was good.. now sony is pumping those ps3s out so should be good year for console sales figures lol... but as for me im still waiting for 60gig ps3 all they got are the cheaper crappy ones that cannt upgrade to the 60gig features wich i see all over the damn place ..guess every one wants the 60gig.. went to gamestop the other day to check out the games for the wii and 360 and to see if they got any 60gig ps3 nope no 60gig ps3 but we got the $499 one .. i told the guy ohh thats ok .. i asked him how long did they have it in he told me for like 4 days hmm some high demand ..and they were sold out of the wii of course ...now please post a link saying that when the ps3 launched it did better than expected ....cause they promised so much console as of launch but then that number hacked in half ... ?.....

Wii&Ps3 said:
The only source is sony themselves. Even they dont have an exact number, unless every single store reported to them what they sold.

I guess nobody wants the ps3 since its almost doubled what the 360 sold at launch :lol: I bet sony will sell 6 million by april easily.

Of course Sony is going to lie about their product sales. They are ashamed of how low it actually is lol.

Wii&Ps3 said:

The PS3 wasn't expected to do as great as it did because of all of its flaws. Pretty much only die-hard sony fans bought it and as we can see there aren't that many since just about anyone can go pick one up from your local store these days.

Not sure how you think Sony made good choices with it :lol:

re

acphydro said:
Of course Sony is going to lie about their product sales. They are ashamed of how low it actually is lol.

Its sucks being proved wrong. I know it can hurt, but you shouldnt have replied. All you can say is that Sony lied about their sales?? Tell you what. Go ahead and edit your posts. I will forget all about them. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help that self esteem of yours.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Its sucks being proved wrong. I know it can hurt, but you shouldnt have replied. All you can say is that Sony lied about their sales?? Tell you what. Go ahead and edit your posts. I will forget all about them. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help that self esteem of yours.
Blah Blah Blah. Are you still here?

Wii&Ps3 said:

At least you admit now that you were proved wrong and that it hurts. Never once stated that they did lie. They would lie if you asked them. Anyways why are you still here anyway? :lol:

re

El Jefe said:
Blah Blah Blah. Are you still here?

Your so easy to piss off its funny.

acphydro: I never admitted I was wrong about any of this. You need to start reading more closely.

Back